Antispam Not Working

Metalhip
edited September 2011 in Antispam

The antispam filter does not stop emails I've set as spam,they're still getting to my inbox.

The support tool to report this has been locked on gathering information for the last twenty minutes with no progress and appears frozen.

Not a product I shall be keen to renew again.

Allan

Comments

• After reporting this and getting a reply to run a repair it still does not stop spam.Why does a program that's literally only been installed less than a month need a repair?

It seems to me I've bought a product that does not work as it should and looking on this forum it looks like BitDefender releases a Beta version and uses paying customers to test it and send log files and screen shots back.

I'm sorry, but I have other things to do in my life than keep messing with this poor quality program to try to get it to work right.

I had to uninstall other programs that I had paid for to install Bitdefender, so this program has wasted the money I spent on other programs that worked without any problems.

Cannot possibly recommend this rubbish program to anyone unless it's someone I don't like.

Allan

• Despite what I said, I did run the repair and reported back as asked.

Because this program does not stop spam I installed a well known antispam program which works very well.

The support person now says that he thinks this is the reason that Bitdefender does not work properly,it didn't work before I installed the antispam software.

I want to stop spam so I'm not uninstalling the antispam software which I only installed because the Bitdefender doesn't work properly.

Basically I don't think support have any real answer and I'm fed up with it.

I have never before had any software that needed constant reporting and sending files back with no solution to the problem.

I've asked for a refund or a partial refund so I'll see what happens.

Allan

• Metalhip
    edited October 2011

I got this reply from support on 29 Sept........

I replied immediately that I would like a refund and since then I have had no more replies for four days now which is about what I expected from Bitdefender.

The refunds department must be snowed under with people wanting refunds.

Allan

• George R.
    edited October 2011

Hello Allan,

The purchase seems to have been made trough a local retailer. Only the vendor can issue this refund as they have the funds and purchase information.

There were some steps taken in ticket ID 201109211041022 to troubleshoot this issue, however Cristi B. would be more than willing to continue the troubleshooting process.

As an alternative solution, I can also offer you another Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012) and compensate for this incovience by extending the subscription time.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Hello Allan,

The purchase seems to have been made trough a local retailer. Only the vendor can issue this refund as they have the funds and purchase information.

There were some steps taken in ticket ID 201109211041022 to troubleshoot this issue, however Cristi B. would be more than willing to continue the troubleshooting process.

As an alternative solution, I can also offer you another Bitdefender product (e.g. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012) and compensate for this incovience by extending the subscription time.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'll ask my local retailer how the 30 day money back guarantee works from his point of view,does he give me a refund and then hope to claim it back from you? Anyway I think it will be over 30 days when I next see him so no refund for me.

It's ridiculous that your support team can only keep asking for files to be sent back without having a solution,the last reply said it was a conflict with a program that was only installed after your software was found to be faulty,how do you explain that,is your software psychic and can see into the future.

No I do not want another program from you,this is my first and definitely the last time I purchase or use any of your software,I didn't know I'd be Beta testing when I bought it so I don't want another program to Beta test and keep reporting faults.

Allan

• Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

This discussion will continue here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=25781

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.