Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home network and BD firewall

Options

I have a home network of three computers networked via a Belkin FSD7632 ADSL wired/wireless router. All three have Windows XPSP2.

I have just installed BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10 on two of the PCs. The third is running AVG free + firewall. When we click My Network Places, our computers can no longer see each other's shared files. :huh:

I know it's a firewall configuration problem because when I disable the firewalls, they reappear. Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to configure the firewalls to allow file and printer sharing?

When I used Trend Micro on all three computers I had to allow NetBios In/Out but I don't know how to do that on BitDefender. I've tried the user manual but I couldn't figure out what to click on etc... :unsure:

If you're answer is really helpful my husband might even be persuaded to buy BitDefender for his PC and laptop but while I'm waiting for him to do that, if you have any hints on what I should tweak on his AVG firewall so I can see his computer on the network as well... I'd be very grateful. :)

Comments

• Press "Reset Profile" in the Traffic tab and choose "Trusted LAN" when the wizard asks which is the current network type.

• Ailish
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Press "Reset Profile" in the Traffic tab and choose "Trusted LAN" when the wizard asks which is the current network type.

Thank you for the reply Berneanu Cristian but I see no "Reset Profile" in the Traffic tab (i.e. the Traffic tab in Firewall).

I have also accessed the Help menu and searched for "Reset Profile" and "Trusted LAN" but it says "No topics found".

However, in the meanwhile I think I have solved the problem. My kids' computer and mine can now communicate - their computer is on a wireless connection and the signal strength was poor. My partner was still excluded (ethernet cable connection) but there it seems to be an AVG issue, not BitDefender because when I disable his firewall the network works. He's about to buy BitDefender! :)

• Ailish
    edited April 2007
    Options

Just to update:

My partner has now bought BitDefender Antivirus Plus v 10 and our home network is fully operational. I suppose the moral of the story is... don't mix and match!

I still don't see "Reset Profile" in the Traffic tab though :unsure::blink::huh:

• I apologize, that option is only available in Internet Security, I misread what version you were using.