Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Avc Hv Driver Is Not Working (code 31)?

Options
amority
edited October 2011 in General

About my BD IS 2012,

I've noticed that my Windows 7 reports that the BitDefender AVC HV device is not working properly. I've tried to "update" it manually from Device manager but still no help. There is shown 3 different BitDefender AVC HV system devices and only one is okay. What I need to do to fix this? Do I need them all? If yes then how can I fix these two?

Device status: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Resource settings: This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem. And if I click "Set Configuration Manually" then IRQ & I/O Range setting values are "?".

If I'm trying to set these values manually then IRQ conflict is with Standard PS/2 Keyboard device.

Under I/O Range settings are written about this conflict: "Warning: The setting you have chosen conflicts with the following device(s):

- Direct memory access controller

- Motherboard resources

Second BD AVC HV driver conflicted devices are:

- I/O Range & IRQ: ACPI x64-based PC

- I/O Range: PCI bus

What to do?:)

post-4317-1318267946_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Any ideas?

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

Identical problem here. BDIS 2012 seems to be working fine.

• Unknown
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello,

The issue is known and was escalated for resolution. Which device are you trying to edit? The one without the exclamation mark? You also have a message saying one of the drivers can't be loaded so I suspect a faulty installation. Considering this please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

- right click on EACH entry in Device Manager having an exclamation mark and select "Uninstall". Restart the PC when you have only one entry left for "BitDefender AVC HV".

- generate a support tool log file as explained below and send me the download link for the log file via PM.

[howto generate SupportTool logs]

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119338

As soon as I will finish analyzing the logs, you will have my answer.

When you reinstall Bitdefender, the AVC driver may not be removed due so various reasons, that is why you have multiple entries in Device Manager. Removing them using right click ->> Uninstall should resolve the issue. The BitDefender functionality is not being altered regardless of the number of entries seen in Device Manager as long as you have one entry without the "!".

Best regards,

• When you reinstall Bitdefender, the AVC driver may not be removed due so various reasons, that is why you have multiple entries in Device Manager. Removing them using right click ->> Uninstall should resolve the issue. The BitDefender functionality is not being altered regardless of the number of entries seen in Device Manager as long as you have one entry without the "!".

Thanks DanyDan. :) I uninstalled my entry in Device Manager with the "!" and BD is stll working fine.

Regards,

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When you reinstall Bitdefender, the AVC driver may not be removed due so various reasons, that is why you have multiple entries in Device Manager. Removing them using right click ->> Uninstall should resolve the issue. The BitDefender functionality is not being altered regardless of the number of entries seen in Device Manager as long as you have one entry without the "!".

That did the trick. Thank you Dany. Btw, it was a pleasure to watch you working so expertly on my PC through TeamViewer. :) Warm regards.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I declare this topic closed. The situation has been fixed by Danny in a remote session.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.