Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 Made My Surfing Miserable

Options
mizo007_90
edited October 2011 in General

this problem happened to me when i used the " IS 2012 " for the first time ... firs i thought it is an ISP problem and i tried to survive with it ... no lie i tried as much as i can :/ ... then decided to reinstall my windows again ... was fun when it was fast till i installed " IS 2012 " and then it back again the same annoying problem

then i decided to quit using bitdefender as i got like a 10 months left so i said give it some time till they fix the buggy release ... installed MS security and everything become fine and my internet was just awesome as it should be ... this was 2 months ago ...

now i came back the only thing fixed was the idm download dialogue is a little bit faster .. not fast faster ... when i was using the MS no delay at all in anything .. most of the websites now opens too slow some needs to get reload like 3 to 4 times to start ... while i'm using same websites on my netbook using MS and work like a charm ... 2 months and still have the problem i'm really disappointed of u guys ... this version is totally a fail since it's 3 months now and nothing solved .. and i got to say i'm gonna uninstall it right now and back to the MS free security :(

ADD: the only website working fine is your website :(

yeah i like to be protected while i'm using the internet but i do like using the internet too :/

i tried to not be harsh as much as i can ... but i can't hide how i feel !

Comments

• hello Mizospade, don't worry you're not the only one.

If you take a deeper look on every sections inside this forum I can assume most of them which just Installed BD 2012 products facing the exactly same problem

Seriously what's going on with Bitdefender, we're like to be protected even when we are surfing the web but what if the protection is just too over and lead to the failures

Having this problem since two days ago drive me crazy, how come I can do my college assignments if just opening Google takes forever loading.

yeah another point I agree with you the only website I can access normally is just bitdefender website, don't ask me why, I also wondering.

Dear Bitdefender, we're all know you are standing on the top of Antivirus programs nowadays, but please make sure everything is ok before you officially release the products.

And of course I read all of the related topics in this forum, and none of them bring me into a proper solution. Please fix it as soon as possible or all I can do is just uninstall it and waiting till it's less buggy at least. How come we surf the net if Bitdefender prevent us from it :/

Please, okay.

Regards,

• Sorry if this one is out of topic, how to completely uninstall BD IS 2012? I think I'm going to postpone my subscriptions and use another antivirus or just leave my computer unprotected temporarily until BD IS 2012 is fully fixed or at least less buggy..

Hmmm sorry to say but I need internet to finish my assignments or I don't have to do that and get bad marks in the end :mellow:

Thanks

• Sorry if this one is out of topic, how to completely uninstall BD IS 2012? I think I'm going to postpone my subscriptions and use another antivirus or just leave my computer unprotected temporarily until BD IS 2012 is fully fixed or at least less buggy..

Hmmm sorry to say but I need internet to finish my assignments or I don't have to do that and get bad marks in the end :mellow:

Thanks

You can download the official BD Uninstall Tool from HERE. Save the file to the location of your choice on your PC. For WinXP, double-click on the file to run it. For Vista and Win7, right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator to run it. After the uninstaller completes, reboot your PC.

Regards,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

@ MiZoSpaDe & nugienugraha

Hi

First off all, your machine has the minimal/recommended system requirements listed here?

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/inter...%20Requirements

What browser do you use? Have you tried to open up those websites with another browser?

Could you please tell me some of your favorites websites?

Thank you.

• @ MiZoSpaDe & nugienugraha

Hi

First off all, your machine has the minimal/recommended system requirements listed here?

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/inter...%20Requirements

What browser do you use? Have you tried to open up those websites with another browser?

Could you please tell me some of your favorites websites?

Thank you.

my cpu is Phenom II x4 945 3.0GHz ( 4 core processor )

Ram : 4g will upgrade to 8g if that the problem

also i'm using 3 browsers and all give me the same result ... Firefox - chrome - internet explorer the x86 and the x64

my favorite websites google - facebook - youtube those are the main and there is other websites i visit too

• my cpu is Phenom II x4 945 3.0GHz ( 4 core processor )

Ram : 4g will upgrade to 8g if that the problem

also i'm using 3 browsers and all give me the same result ... Firefox - chrome - internet explorer the x86 and the x64

my favorite websites google - facebook - youtube those are the main and there is other websites i visit too

my one is Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz

4Gb RAM

exactly same favourite sites, google, facebook, youtube

and also tried in every browsers, IE, Flock, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, or even Rockmelt

everything I can try to fix it, already tried

• Sorry but nothing has changed..Even with this new update the internet is so slow,opera acts funny and the same problems again...I cannot understand why in the sake of all things,treated bitdefender users as guinea pigs.This is clearly beta versions of a program with MANY faults and bugs.Please dont mocking people with silly questions like "your machine has the minimal/recommended system requirements listed here" or "What browser do you use"..We all have the same problems regartless hardware,programs, sites.I fell sorry for the bitdefender team for all the lame excuses give us all this time.I paid for a beta program and i fell sorry and stupid for that.But in the end every product (and company) takes what really deserves.And users dont forget so easily.Be sure for this.I am tired for this.I dont want even my money back.all this is a big joke...

Thanks for the show....

• All this sending log files and pc specifications and temporary fixes etc, for a product we seem to have paid for before it was ready for sale. I only had a couple of months to run on the licence so I uninstalled & am now using another AV programme which solved the problem once and for all.

• tools536
    edited October 2011
    Options

I to am seeing "The BitDefender Virus Shield service has reported an current state 14 error". I just reinstalled windows 7/64 about a week and a half ago. From 10/18/11 to now, I see about a hundred current state 14 errors in the event log. Tho I can't tell if its causing any system problems , everything seems to be running fine.

I think there are a few spots where i see that message 5 to 7 times in a row in the event log ,, 3 or 4 times within the same second, tho like i said i can't really tell if it's causing any problems with my system.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi guys

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that a product update has been released today for US and UK builds.

I think that most of your issues will be solved after the update process.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=124814

Also, if you still encounter slowdown issues over the web, please post here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29397

and provide all the details listed here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=124807

Thank you in advance for understanding. Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.