Pchooklaunch64.exe, Pchooklaunch32.exe

I do NOT want parental controls on my pc, is there any way of keeping pchooklaunch32 and pchooklaunch64 processes from spinning up? Once they are running they can not be stopped. I have turned off parental controls on both the windows 7 64 bit machine and the VM Ware emulator but the services stubornly persist!

Comments

• Hi and welcome to our forums.

The files pchooklauncher32.exe and pchooklaunch64.exe are legit processes of Bitdefender.

One of its functions is with the Parental Control module and the Active Virus Control / Antivirus.

It is used also in the malware analysis process to determine if a software has malware characteristics, even if we don't have a definition in the product for that file.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.