Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bid 2012 Total Protection Slow Internet Solution

Options

Lets us all face the fact that BID 2012 TOTAL SECURITY is a total problamatic software .

slow internet speed is caused by bid firewall, it blocks and scans excessively with out logic slowing down all internet browsers, mails etc.

so turn off the firewall and use windows fire wall instead, if not just ask for refund bcas this software is really bad with extremly bad support it is bcas bid support team has no clue what the development team is doing.

yahoo mail hangs, chrome, firefox. ie. opera all is just slow slow ............

i have had update issues , complete registration page does not show up, when u complaint the support team ask u 2 send a log file then cooly pinpoints a problem with our systems ..................

please wake up bid developers so many users cant be wrong, so many problems cant be accepted, it can destroy trust in your product forever......

cheers

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello,

Please read our Forum Rules:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=18

I can't understand the issue you describe in your post, do you actually report an issue? What Operating System are you using? Do you have any other security solutions installed on the same PC? I agree with you when you say that Bitdefender Total Security has certain issues, however, we are doing our best in resolving them all as soon as possible.

You mentioned the fact that you are not satisfied with the Support provided to you however, you have a single ticket closed with us associated with the email address you used to register on the forum with the status "closed successful" since 09/29/2011 16:11:02

when u complaint the support team ask u 2 send a log file then cooly pinpoints a problem with our systems

- asking Customers to generate the Supporttool/sysdump log is the first step we need to take to gather the basics info about the PC in question, the environment in which BitDefender is running so we can provide you with the most accurate answer or even a resolution to the issue encountered on the system.

Regards,

• Hello,

I can't understand the issue you describe in your post, do you actually report an issue? What Operating System are you using? Do you have any other security solutions installed on the same PC? I agree with you when you say that Bitdefender Total Security has certain issues, however, we are doing our best in resolving them all as soon as possible.

You mentioned the fact that you are not satisfied with the Support provided to you however, you have a single ticket closed with us associated with the email address you used to register on the forum with the status "closed successful" since 09/29/2011 16:11:02

- asking Customers to generate the Supporttool/sysdump log is the first step we need to take to gather the basics info about the PC in question, the environment in which BitDefender is running so we can provide you with the most accurate answer or even a resolution to the issue encountered on the system.

Regards,

come on danny boy, 2 many customers cant be wrong , n for ur forum rules , man u point out bcas u cant solve the problem , a closed ticket doesnot mean problem solved ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

anyways i cant expect more from u as long as people like you are handling bid support ...............

• nugienugraha
    edited October 2011
    Options

agree mate, and for dany and another moderators in this forum please stop putting customers on the edge by asking "what's ur browser", "what's ur OS", "what's ur pc requirements" we are in the 20th century and I don't think we're the customers stupid enough to run your products in the Pentium 1 systems under Microsoft Windows 95.

seriously I'm fed up with the products you guys trying to sell, man I'm an overseas student, coming here faraway from homeland depending on my parents money each month and I miserably flush a part of my money to a big joke called bitdefender.

don't try to ask everybody the same question as an opening, I am 100% sure all the problems the customers have here exactly the same, browsers acting funny, internet is like an old retired snail, systems take longer than usual to load up, and so on problems that only occurs when we have ur products installed in our pc.

you said it will be fixed soon.. when the 'soon' you meant is maybe 10 years after this?? who's got time I ask you??

honestly I'm totally removed BD IS 2012 from my pc and have installed another security solution that starts from K letter, and guys you know what?? my laptop is totally ALIVE again. with NO PROBLEMS at all I had before with BD..

believe me bitdefender, don't use us the loyal customers as your lab rats, who has to pay for the BETA which you sold this as the final release one. you sick guys

• Hello,

Regards,

are you kidden me ?!!! u asking him for the problem that Dozens of people already post about it !!!!

what forum rules why i would bother reading it anyway ?! guys u got to get worry about your reputation one video in youtube shows how your product fail will seal the deal .. and u kinda deserve it

till this moment i thought u guys work on it .. but u seem not bothering at all ... even who used 2011 package u asked them to upgrade to your buggy stupid version 2012 ...

what we should do to make you feel that this product is a disaster !?

• are you kidden me ?!!! u asking him for the problem that Dozens of people already post about it !!!!

what forum rules why i would bother reading it anyway ?! guys u got to get worry about your reputation one video in youtube shows how your product fail will seal the deal .. and u kinda deserve it

till this moment i thought u guys work on it .. but u seem not bothering at all ... even who used 2011 package u asked them to upgrade to your buggy stupid version 2012 ...

what we should do to make you feel that this product is a disaster !?

I tried out BitDefender 2012 when it was still in Beta and noticed at times my internet would keep going down, up for a few seconds and down again. I got so annoyed and was close to ringing my ISP when I thought, lets uninstal the beta and see what happens and found my internet was fine afterwards.

I've tried BitDefender in the past and currently I've been looking for a good powerful security suite for my studio, as I'm launching a radio station. The key was something that worked but wouldn't cause any problems - speed, net etc wise.

My problem with BitDefender is it seems to be buggy quite a lot. The real aim of a build/Beta etc should be to test the program out with multiple people and fix any bugs, and I did mention this bug while it was still in Beta and I believe others did.

I really miss using BitDefender because while I won't name what I'm currently using (To avoid getting shot down for advertising), and I do find the new program quite faster net and general usage wise, BitDefender did have some cool features. I liked the idea of the new social network protection especially as Facebook and similar sites rite now are hot spots for cyber criminals and the sandbox browser was good.

However all these features mean nothing if the general program doesn't work. It seems a lot of security suites seem to think more is better, throw on everything they can think of and in turn make the program and the users computer using it slow.

I think BitDefender needs to go back to square one. Build things bit by bit. Don't realise it till everything is working properly and if people do mention a bug, fix it right away before even considering adding other stuff.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone.

In order to track all the reported issues, we need to centralize all the data.

In this case, let's keep just one topic active.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29397

If you encounter this issue after the latest product update( http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry124814) , please post in this topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29397 and please answer all the questions from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=124807

Thank you in advance for understanding. Have a nice day.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.