Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]win7 Firewall

I haven't found the answer from the BD2012 documentation-unless I missed it. My question is this: Do I completely disable Windows Firewall or leave it on?

Several technicians from my cable company (Charter Services-Missouri, USA) told me that regardless of which security software is installed Windows Firewall

must be enabled at all times. Is this true? If so, wouldn't it create a conflict with BD2012?

Thank you.

Comments

• Yes, it could create a conflict. One Firewall or the other. Not both.

See the User's Guide page 1, section 1.1, 4th bullet item.

Regards,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi AlfredoMB and welcome to our forums.

Recent versions of the Windows OS have a built-in firewall. If you are also using a 3rd party firewall(the one from Bitdefender suites), there are likely to be conflicts between the two firewalls. As a result, some things, like mail or web access, will not work properly.

You should only have one firewall enabled.

The Windows internal firewall is not complete. For example it does not control access to port 135. Most 3rd party firewalls are more effective. Therefore, we recommend that you dispable the Windows internal firewall and use Bitdefender Firewall.

Thank you.

• I haven't found the answer from the BD2012 documentation-unless I missed it. My question is this: Do I completely disable Windows Firewall or leave it on?

Several technicians from my cable company (Charter Services-Missouri, USA) told me that regardless of which security software is installed Windows Firewall

must be enabled at all times. Is this true? If so, wouldn't it create a conflict with BD2012?

Thank you.

Hello, BitDefender has very secure and robust firewall,so you don't need Windows firewall for extra. Some PC optimization softwares enable Windows firewall automatically. Please make sure you have only one firewall enabled to avoid conflicts.

• Gary, Cristi, and Vignesh,

Thank you for your kind attention and answers. I've now disabled Windows Firewall and all is well with BitDefender TS 2012.

• Glad we were able to help. :)

I will close this topic as resolved.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.