Internet Connection Disabled On Windows Startup

Hello. I'm sorry if this question was asked before and if I'm in a wrong forum to ask it. So far I searched for a solution but found none.

The problem is, when my Windows 7 (32 bit) starts up, there's no Internet connection. This started to happen only after I installed BitDefender Internet Security 2012. I had AVG installed before, and never experienced this kind of a problem, but now I have to open Network control window (my OS is in Russian, so I'm sorry if the title doesn't match an actual thing in English, I hope you understand what window I mean) and click on the red cross every time the system starts up. It does help, and the Internet connection always appears after a minute of Windows fixing it, but as you can guess it should be unnecessary to do so.

And there's another problem. Each time my system starts up, there's a threat alert from the Firewall, but when I read it, the "Application" field is just empty. Even if I "allow" that application to run by pressing a button, the Firewall still warns me about that inexistent malicious application after each loading. I think this is somehow connected to the issue.

Yes, I did a complete scan of my PC, and tried different settings for BitDefender. I'm thinking of getting myself another antivirus in case this problem cannot be solved.

Comments

• Hello, Please check Whether BitDefender firewall is set to Block internet connection. Even once try by turning off BitDefender Firewall(Do not forget to enable it later). If problem is not solved after these steps, please wait for Official BitDefender staff to reply. Thank You :rolleyes:

• Hi

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

• Dear Cristi B.,

I did just as you said, and it didn't help. Even with the firewall being configured that way the Internet connection was absent each time I turned on my PC. Then I tried what Vignesh Raja said and completely turned off the firewall, which didn't help either. I went further to turning off the whole antivirus, but still, no Internet after restart. Uninstalling your product however did the job, and now when I'm using another antivirus program, the problem seems to be gone.

It's a shame that a product a lot of people recommended me appears to be so unreliable.

• Hi Komsomol

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day.