Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gaming Mode

Options
rujikin
edited September 2011 in General

I had bought bit defender 2010 last and it worked great. Whenever I launched a game it went into gaming mode and all was well. Now with bit defender 2012 it never auto launches gaming mode,. I have to manually enable it and disable it every time and there is no quick way to program it, unless i want to go into my c drive and map all 30+ of my games. There doesn't seem to be any gaming list to auto update, this version has been a terrible downgrade from 2010.

This version automates like a Ford Model A. No options and it never does exactly what you want. I am considering switching to previx since their gaming mode works similar to bit defenders 2010 model and it seems to work just as well as BD 2010 for my friends.

Can we get a REAL gaming mode like 2010 or should I just switch?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This issue has been reported to our Dev Team and they are working on a fix.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Have a nice day.

• Having 'upgraded' to IS 2012 from IS 2011, the new game mode facility is extremely disappointing & as mentioned, doesn't work...wait for a patch? Why? Is it too much for a function of 2011 software to be functioning already? If IS2011 didn't break battlefield 3 I would be reinstalling that.

Of course I may be stuck in the 'IT novice' IS 2012 default UI, and can't figure out how to change it to advanced. I don't think so though.

Please give us back the opportunity to allow which games we want added to the 'Game Mode' whitelist. I may be one lone voice in the wilderness here but left as is I will not be renewing; the new system appears to remove control from the user & therefore doesn't work for my usage patterns, so I'll be off elsewhere - not that's a threat or you're gonna miss me lol, just saying - feedback is always good.

Either way, thanks for your time, effort & the last 3 A/V incident free years :)

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This issue has been reported to our Dev Team and they are working on a fix.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Have a nice day.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Could you please provide me the list of installed games?

Thank you very much.

• Hi

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Could you please provide me the list of installed games?

Thank you very much.

I agree, game mode in 2012 is usless, 2011 game mode was perfect :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

The Dev Team is working to update the Game Mode module.

Thank you for your feedback.

• Hi

The Dev Team is working to update the Game Mode module.

Thanks, just do the same thing that has been done in BD 2011, the ability to enable the gamemode when detecting a .exe was perfect !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi

I'm not sure what they will do to the module, for now.

Thank you.

• Hi

I'm sure what they will do to the module, for now.

Thank you.

I was directed here from a post on this I made over a month ago,, I see this post took 4-5 weeks to be responded to as well,, is this typical? 4-5 weeks to get a response in here?

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Starting with 15.0.33, Game Mode will be enabled automatically if an application entering full screen:

- when is detected by the Active Virus Control module (this means that this module must be enabled);

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=124814

To enable Active Virus Control, please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Antivirus module and select the Shield tab.

Please make sure that Active virus control is turned on and reboot your PC.

Our Dev team is working to improve the module.

Have a nice day.