Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Problems

Hello,

I am having problems with bitdefender again.

After so many problems with total security 2010, updated to 2011.

1st- automatic update is not working. It says it is not active and when i tell it to fix it it says Failed.

2nd - manual update doesn't seem to work either. When i tell it to update now it simply goes grey and does nothing.

3rd - when starting windows i get an error about crss.exe not found in proper location or whatever.

I tried to contact my local bitdefender representative (Portugal) and they simply don't answer the phone or reply to emails sent. I did try more than once.

They where fast on charging money for the license renovation but don't seem to care about anything else.

I am not rich to be able to pay 2 year license for a antivirus software that doesn't work and just go buy another one.

What solution (if any) is there?

Kind regards

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2011

Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive when trying to update BitDefender. Also please enclose in your answer the steps you took when you upgrade from 2010 to the 2011 version of BitDefender. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I recently bought a new HD and installed an original 2011 version, downloaded from the website.

When turning the computer on i get a message saying that CSRSS (i think that the file spells that way) was not started because it wasn't found on the folder. Will provide a SS of that later.

As for the upgrade bug, here follow 2 screenshots:

42171107.jpg

36705804.jpg

1st image shows result after trying to fix the issue affecting the security of the pc

2nd image is the result of trying to manually update. It opens that window and stays like that not doing anything at all.

Will post SS of the windows startup error in a few hours.

Regards,

Tiago

Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error message you receive when trying to update BitDefender. Also please enclose in your answer the steps you took when you upgrade from 2010 to the 2011 version of BitDefender. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Just installed IS 2011, new Dell machine, singificant RAM, Windows 7. Followed the installation instructions to "remove other protection software" before proceeding. Completely crashed my system, totally unresponsive. This machine is the administrator for my small business workgroup, and houses ALL operating software and data for my co. Tech support said they had to elevate the issue and I SHOULD hear something via email within 48 hours!

Needless to say, I can't afford to wait that long, so I took the PC to my tech who charged me $75 to remove the "bits" of the other software that BD left behind during installation. Thanks BD!

• Hello,

Tiago Arantes: Follow the steps listed in the article below and the issue should be resolved. If you still encounter issues please send me the Support Tool log file.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/791/

Winleejr: Be kindly informed that the average response time is 48 hours however, sometimes, depending on each case, it may be longer. What other Security Solution you had installed ? Last but not least please keep in mind that you can contact us by phone at any time, especially for emergencies.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Tiago Arantes: Follow the steps listed in the article below and the issue should be resolved. If you still encounter issues please send me the Support Tool log file.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/791/

Winleejr: Be kindly informed that the average response time is 48 hours however, sometimes, depending on each case, it may be longer. What other Security Solution you had installed ? Last but not least please keep in mind that you can contact us by phone at any time, especially for emergencies.

Kind regards,

Hey there Dany, in an ideal world that would be quite correct, however this is the modern era of BD we're talking about and here in New Zealand we have the same problem of trying 'tech' support via landline and they DO NOT pick up their phone!....oops I tell a lie, last time I did get through they said there will be a $4.95NZD per minute charge for any help. I am waiting for my BDTS 2011 licence to expire and then it will be removed from my machine/s and an alternative found because what was once a fantastic product has fallen into a piece of ###### abyss, I have had too many problems and time wasted on trying to correct issues with your quite clearly defective software....before you ask what those problems are....every single fault that has been spoken of in these forums has happened to me at one time or another and your supposed fixes generally reappear after a couple of weeks.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hi,

Are you talking about this phone number for NZ Support ?

New Zealand: +64-998 535 51 (English - 24 hour service).

Furthermore, considering the issues you had with BitDefender in the past, an email was sent to you by one of my colleagues from Sales. I kindly ask you to check your email associated with your forum account for more details.

Do you used another email address to contact us ? Under the email you have used to register on the Forum (xtra.co.nz domain) you have only more than 2 years old tickets, all of them closed.

With all due respect, I find it almost impossible to encounter each and every issue reported by other users on the forum therefore I must ask you what is the issue you encounter, at this time, with BitDefender. As the first step in troubleshooting any issues associated with BitDefender is to generate a fresh SupportTool log please create one as explained below then send me the results via PM.

Your new ticket ID is: 201105121006346. Please put it in the PM subject line for faster tracking.

Best regards,

• Dangermouse
    edited May 2011
    Hi,

Are you talking about this phone number for NZ Support ?

New Zealand: +64-998 535 51 (English - 24 hour service).

Furthermore, considering the issues you had with BitDefender in the past, an email was sent to you by one of my colleagues from Sales. I kindly ask you to check your email associated with your forum account for more details.

Do you used another email address to contact us ? Under the email you have used to register on the Forum (xtra.co.nz domain) you have only more than 2 years old tickets, all of them closed.

With all due respect, I find it almost impossible to encounter each and every issue reported by other users on the forum therefore I must ask you what is the issue you encounter, at this time, with BitDefender. As the first step in troubleshooting any issues associated with BitDefender is to generate a fresh SupportTool log please create one as explained below then send me the results via PM.

Your new ticket ID is: 201105121006346. Please put it in the PM subject line for faster tracking.

Best regards,

Hi Daniel, thank you for the email, I have it and am actioning the request (presently out of the office so I will complete it sometime over the weekend.) As far as the accounts closed I can assure you that the registration code you sent in the email is fully functional and has just been increased to 329 days (thank you for the extension) I have listed all my faults in the support tool comments field so when I send back the sysdump files etc you will know what grief I have contended and am still contending with. Again thank you for the extension, I certainly wasn't expecting that and it does reinstate a bit of confidence in the sincerity of the support team. Will be in touch soon. Kind regards.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hi again,

Dangermouse: I have received the logs and I do believe that we can resolve all the issues you mentioned in the SupportTool description. That can be easily done in a remote session that we can schedule together. If that's OK with you please send me a PM for further details.

If you don't agree with the remote session then simply wait for the analysis results. I should be done with it by tomorrow evening.

Yours,

• Remote performed, waiting for feedback :)

• Remote performed, waiting for feedback :)

Ok, yesterday DanyDan spent a few hours rectifying my BDTS2011 install remotely with a new install and removal of all remnants of AV registry entries from, McAfee, Nortons, Panda, TrendMicro amongst others, now get this....none of those programs I have installed or used, if anything the McAfee software was probably dumped there by my ISP for a web scan, but the others are a complete mystery. At this stage, BD has started correctly with reboots (sometimes would'nt show task bar icon), PC seems to run slightly faster, it scanned at the correct time last night when scheduled to but I will keep an eye on the scan and leave feedback because before the reinstall I could change the time of the scan and it would do the scan after the change for the 1st time then go back to scanning when it feels like it, firewall settings have held after a reboot (most of the time they disappeared). So at this stage and so soon after the reinstall, things seem to be behaving themselves. So thank you very much Daniel, I have to say my confidence in the product had decreased to the point of not using the product again but as long as things work as they are supposed to and the stability and confidence in the product grows I will give the benefit of the doubt and continue to use BD products. See, the problem is in this day and age, is, what do you go to for AV software that isn't a pain in the ######, I have used the major players software in the past (not on this PC) and found them all to have quirks that support don't give a crap about generally so it could be a case of frying pain into the fire.

• Hi,

Always glad to help :) Please note that:

- the firewall issue settings not kept after a reboot was resolved with the release of the new Build (check the topic in the UPDATE forum category)

-

he scan and it would do the scan after the change for the 1st time then go back to scanning when it feels like it
    : make sure that you don't have the "Scan PC when idle" scanning feature enabled;

Yours,

• Hi,

Always glad to help :) Please note that:

- the firewall issue settings not kept after a reboot was resolved with the release of the new Build (check the topic in the UPDATE forum category)

- : make sure that you don't have the "Scan PC when idle" scanning feature enabled;

Yours,

Hi Dany, this morning on startup, scan started all on its own again and confirmed box is unchecked for scan while idle as well as scan on startup, the scheduled time was 12.34am, it would appear it will attempt the scan if it fails to meet the scheduled time at which time the pc was off. This is just more of an annoyance than any thing, software not doing as it is instructed is the more worrying thing. The other thing I notice the software overrides is telling it not to perform update while scanning, it will ignore this request also. Firewall settings still firm though.

Kind regards

Dangermouse :)

• Unknown
    edited June 2011

Hello,

If you have a scan scheduled at a certain time and the PC is off then the scan will start when you first time scan your PC. Furthermore, indeed the option to "Don't update if scan is in progress" is not working properly. To be honest, I find this in the user's advantage as I have worked with a quite large number of people using BitDefender and having a scan in progress in the system tray, without even seeing the scan window.

I am still investigating on the scan vs update issue, as soon as I will have an answer I'll let you know.

Thanks for your feedback !

Try to schedule a scan at PC start-up, I believe it's the option that best fits your needs.

Best regards,

• Hello,

If you have a scan scheduled at a certain time and the PC is off then the scan will start when you first time scan your PC. Furthermore, indeed the option to "Don't update if scan is in progress" is not working properly. To be honest, I find this in the user's advantage as I have worked with a quite large number of people using BitDefender and having a scan in progress in the system tray, without even seeing the scan window.

I am still investigating on the scan vs update issue, as soon as I will have an answer I'll let you know.

Thanks for your feedback !

Try to schedule a scan at PC start-up, I believe it's the option that best fits your needs.

Best regards,

Hi Daniel, since loading BDTS2011 my PC takes a good 4-5min to boot as it is, if I run a scan in that time the PC would become unusable for the 2 hours it takes to perform the scan....it appears it has nothing to do with whether the PC has been turned off as I came into the office this morning the PC had been left on all night and it was 30min into a 2 hour scan at 8.50am not the scheduled 12.34am....hey the firewall settings are still there, that's one thing I suppose. It would appear I just have Maverick software that suits itself when/if it does things. :blink:

• Dangermouse
    edited June 2011
    Hi Daniel, since loading BDTS2011 my PC takes a good 4-5min to boot as it is, if I run a scan in that time the PC would become unusable for the 2 hours it takes to perform the scan....it appears it has nothing to do with whether the PC has been turned off as I came into the office this morning the PC had been left on all night and it was 30min into a 2 hour scan at 8.50am not the scheduled 12.34am....hey the firewall settings are still there, that's one thing I suppose. It would appear I just have Maverick software that suits itself when/if it does things. :blink:

Just as I suspected would happen...all back to square one, Antispam does'nt open in Outlook Express again. Scans when it feels like it again, updates when it feels like it again, major slowing down of system when it does something in the background which is most of the time, again!!! Dany, you tried but at the end of the day you have majorly faulty software and you're flogging a dead horse to try and fix it if it's this broken. It is unstable, unpredictable and a major system hog. I will wait until my subscription expires and I will find an alternative, it's a real pitty because this software used to be the best on the market, now it is a constant failure. There is no point in putting tick boxes in software to select certain features if it ignores what you say because the developer thinks they know better, if you know better leave the option out and don't give us the choice, it's mental man.

• Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=222&id=42

Thank you.