Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Running An Unattended Install

Options

Hi guys

How do I run a silent install from a command line/batch file?

Comments

• aalso if I do a silent install would I be correct in assuming that the 30 day trial gets installed and I will have to input a serial code later.

• Hello,

I will give you an example as I believe this way you will understand it the easiest: Ex: c:\bitdefender.exe /bdparams /silent

where:

- bitdefender.exe is the name of the installation kit file;

NOTE: the silent install will ONLY work using the offline installation kit (the big installation file).

Also indeed, your assumption was correct: performing a silent install will start a trial of 30 days.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

• unfortunately when doing this I'm given a message asking if I would like to download the latest installation files and then the installation proceeds like a standard install.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello

If you use the small kit(the online kit), you won't receive that message.

Download the file from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Unpack it in a folder(with 7-Zip, WinZIP, WinRAR, etc)

Now, from command prompt, browse to that folder using the change directory command (cd) and run this command from silent install:

setupdownloader.exe/silent

Thank you.

• nayan007
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi,

Really I am enjoying reading all this kind of solutions which I don't know.Thank for posting.

• ok firstly the good points

using the online installer it has done a silent install.

I downloaded the latest isecurity online kit and unpacked it using 7zip.

I then ran setupdownloader.exe /silent

This will cover 90% of the automated installation instances I need.

The bad points.

Firstly there appears to be no feedback to the command prompt, this concerns me that if I queue up several silent installs using a batch file then there will be a problem installing 2 programs in parallel. I could freeze the batch file on a timer but there is no way of knowing when the bd install has finished so I would need to add a very long wait time.

Is there a way to get the batch file to wait until BD has installed?

Secondly

I'd really like to do this with the offline kit, is there a way of using the offline kit but without the user message. Surely this defeats the point of a silent install. Using the offline kit will cut installation time considerably, on my first successful test run I was waiting around 10 min before anything happened.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi bigmonmulgrew

Thank you for your feedback.

I will investigate the current situation and I'll get back to you these days.

Thank you again. Have a great weekend.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello

I've made a feature request. All the data was sent to our developers.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

• Thanks I really appreciate you passing that on.

I'm hoping to use the silent install to (amongst other things) reduce my labour time when installing new PCs. I cant use system imaging since almost all my units are custom builds

I can network each newbuild, its a pain but not much. Its the 10 min waiting to download that I'm hoping to remove here.

Again thanks for your input and for passing this on

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

We are waiting for the project manager to approve your request.

Thank you.