Where Do Emails Go After Marking Them With "spam"?

Brand new to Bit Defender. I have accidentally marked 2 of my emails with "spam" b/c the button is right underneath the button for a "New" email. Where do these emails go when they disappear after being marked? I need to unmark them. One was me and one a business associate.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hello,

The spam messages detected by BitDefender are marked with the [spam] prefix in the subject line. BitDefender automatically moves spam messages to a specific folder, as follows:

* In Microsoft Outlook, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Deleted Items folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

* In Outlook Express and Windows Mail, spam messages are moved directly to Deleted Items.

* In Mozilla Thunderbird, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Trash folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

If you use other mail clients, you must create a rule to move the e-mail messages marked as [spam] by BitDefender to a custom quarantine folder.

Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

• Thank you!

• You're most welcome :)

Feel free to post any query that you may have and you will have my answer as soon as possible. Have a great Sunday!

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

• edited September 2011
    * In Mozilla Thunderbird, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Trash folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

Best regards,

I use Thunderbird and there's not been a spam folder created in the trash folder,perhaps this is why spam gets through and is still appearing in my inbox.

I've now created a Spam folder in the Trash,so I'll see what happens.

Allan

• I've now created a Spam folder in the Trash,so I'll see what happens.

Allan

Hmmm...I made the Spam folder in Trash but when I go to "Empty trash" it deletes the folder as well. So that didn't work.

Allan

• Hi Allan

Please move the Spam folder from Trash and the filter will function correctly.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.