Very Slow To Load A Web Page!

Comments

• Hello

A new version of IDM was released today(Internet Download Manager 6.07 Build 15):

http://filehippo.com/download_internet_download_manager/

Please update and let me know if some issues are resolved.

Thank you.

I updated last version IDM, but problem is not solve

• Hello

A new version of IDM was released today(Internet Download Manager 6.07 Build 15):

http://filehippo.com/download_internet_download_manager/

Please update and let me know if some issues are resolved.

Thank you.

As others are noting, the problem is not with IDM. I've had the issues and don't even use IDM.

What's more interesting, I have been chatting with others who were experiencing browsing problems, and come to find out, they also use BD. Once disabled, issues stopped; they just did not know where the problem was being initiated from. There are a lot more than us with these issues, that don't use IDM, etc.

• This problem may be occur by Bitdefender toolbar. When I disable bitdefender toolbar ( enabled "Use advanced browser integration" of IDM), everything is ok, so i think Bitdefender toolbar is cause.

• Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

I've forwarded all the data to our Dev. Team.

I'll keep you up to date.

Have a nice day.

• I think if you check your Task Manager you will find BitDefender's Vsserve.exe file is using up all your computers resourses. This is also happening with me on 2012 Total Security and is apparently an old unfixed problem. Even though I am out the price of this software I am now looking for a replacement as at times my computer is unusable.

• I think if you check your Task Manager you will find BitDefender's Vsserve.exe file is using up all your computers resourses.

Hello

This a screenshot was taken 2 minutes ago on my machine(Core i5 + 4 GB RAM) running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

post-9374-1321474575_thumb.png

Thank you.

• antipasztor
    edited November 2011

Unfortunately, I also have issue with slow internet connection. I've figured it out that the on-access scanning might cause the problem. Here is two screenshots.

Turned off:

post-81774-1321627101_thumb.jpg

Turned on:

post-81774-1321627112_thumb.jpg

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 15.0.34.1437 (trial).

Cheers!

• Hi and welcome to our forums

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hello everyone

I have good news and bad news. :)

The good news: Our developers have discovered that the initial issue with Internet Download Manager(IDM) is not caused by the Firewall module or by Bitdefender TrafficLight(the toolbar from the browser).

The bad news: The issue is caused by IDM's network filter driver.

Several emails was sent to their team, informing them about the issue.

They should fix this really soon.

Thank you for your time. Have a great weekend.

• So you mean to say only those who have both IDM and BitDefender AV 2012 would experience lag when browsing the internet? We have both installed on a netbook and a computer and lags regarding internet browsing is really apparent.

• I have the same issue. When will be fixed? It's very annoying when you are paying for a product and it's slowing your computer down more than spyware. I should have just stuck to my older antivirus program

• I have the same issue. When will be fixed? It's very annoying when you are paying for a product and it's slowing your computer down more than spyware. I should have just stuck to my older antivirus program

yeah even i have the same issue, Bitdefender products used to be excellent,but this 2012 version needs more beta testing although its out of that phase,i think this product was released too soon to the market,probably as a result of market economics by the other anti-virus vendors.

did anyone notice that the anonymous usage reports gets enabled automatically even after disabling it like 1000 times!!!

• Hello everyone

I have good news and bad news. :)

The good news: Our developers have discovered that the initial issue with Internet Download Manager(IDM) is not caused by the Firewall module or by Bitdefender TrafficLight(the toolbar from the browser).

The bad news: The issue is caused by IDM's network filter driver.

Several emails was sent to their team, informing them about the issue.

They should fix this really soon.

Thank you for your time. Have a great weekend.

ok guy.

but keep informing us when idm has the new version to fix this.

• Hi guys.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Regarding the slowdown issue, please provide us the following things/make the following settings in the product:

-Make sure that your firewall is properly set up(Open up Bitdefender, click on Network details and set the Network Type to Trusted, Stealth Mode to OFF and Generic to Yes(only for Internet Security and Total Security).

i did just like you wrote, but then i read on Help and Support:

Trusted = Disable the firewall for the respective adapter.

Off = Stealth Mode is off. Anyone from the local network or the Internet can ping and detect your computer.

so, your suggestion only made us vulnerable..

• Christi:

I have been following the thread here. I have the same slowdown and it seems to be related to the Auto Scan. Here is what I see:

When I boot up the machine, the hard drive is thrashing (ie the hard drive light is constant on). (Sort of normal for boot up but it takes much longer now than before.) Even after the boot has finished, the drive is still thrashing and I haven't even loaded the browswer yet. (I previously turned of the Bitdefender ToolBar and the result of that didn't do too much.)

When I turn off the Auto Scan, at first, the drive still thrashes but there comes a point when the drive stops (ie the light turns off). If I turn Auto Scan back on, the drive thrashes again. Turn off again, and the drive stops.

Eventually the PC settles down and the it does not matter if Auto Scan is on or off. PC seems to run normal at that point.

As a second point, recently I see many files being quarantined. Never saw that before. Maybe related to a new version.

Been very happy with BitDefender for almost two years. And recommended to others. My subscription finishes in 71 days. I am going to wait to see if this gets resolved before I renew.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Its not downgrading to Bitdefender 2011,for me it felt like an upgrade, Bitdefender 2011 is so much better than the newer version!!

• As a second point, recently I see many files being quarantined. Never saw that before. Maybe related to a new version.

I also noticed this after the BD update yesterday. In my case, all the quarantined files have been tracking cookies.

Regards,

• Bandit1
    edited November 2011
    I also noticed this after the BD update yesterday. In my case, all the quarantined files have been tracking cookies.

Regards,

I am experiencing the same occurrences. The slowdown also seems directly related to the BitDefender Total Security 2012 and specifically it's recent updates.

• Two laptops with (Windows 7 & Windows Vista) both using BitDefender TS 2012 and both using IE9...neither of which were having any problems with internet browsing until recently with no other changes to the systems with the exception of the BitDefender updates. Its fairly obvious the problem is with your software and not Web browser(s) software or functionality, add-ons, or other third party software. How about a little assistance in tracking this problem down, BitDefender!

• I wanted to post here earlier but my drive was thrasing. I had to turn off Auto Scan to allow this page to load.

In theory, I like the idea of Auto Scan, to use computer free time. But I think Bitdefender's algorithm to determine if the computer is idle or not is wrong. Maybe they have it backwards? They should change the 'if' statement to be 'if busy then no scan'.

• Just posting that I tried BitDefender with the most recent update and it is still horrible loading web pages. Fix this stuff up or just roll back to BitDefender 2011 (which was working MUCH better than this garbage).

• IDM 6.08 beta fix this problem. Try it.

http://mirror2.internetdownloadmanager.com/idman608b.exe

Another third party software really isn't the answer. BitDefender needs to find a solution to their problematic software and the latest version update. The latest version update has created more problems then it allegedly fixed. Considering the negative feedback from mulitiple customers indicating relatively similar problems, I would think this should be a PRIORITY. That would be an ASAP resolution!

• Another third party software really isn't the answer. BitDefender needs to find a solution to their problematic software and the latest version update. The latest version update has created more problems then it allegedly fixed. Considering the negative feedback from mulitiple customers indicating relatively similar problems, I would think this should be a PRIORITY. That would be an ASAP resolution!

Bitdefender's team notice that this problem occur by IDM and IDM's team is reproted this problem and they fixed it. And now, with ver 6.08, Problem is not occur.

• Bitdefender's team notice that this problem occur by IDM and IDM's team is reproted this problem and they fixed it. And now, with ver 6.08, Problem is not occur.

IDM 6.08 beta did not solve the problems currently being experienced by several customers. Read the other threads currently being posted on the Forum.

• IDM 6.08 beta did not solve the problems currently being experienced by several customers. Read the other threads currently being posted on the Forum.

Now, I am not facing with this problem. But only me also all my friend are using Bitdefender 2012, who aren't facing this problem. You can try reinstalling the your browser (When I install Bitdefender 2012, I must reinstall my browser, everything is normal).

• Now, I am not facing with this problem. But only me also all my friend are using Bitdefender 2012, who aren't facing this problem. You can try reinstalling the your browser (When I install Bitdefender 2012, I must reinstall my browser, everything is normal).

I encountered similar problems, network connection is slow, and slow computer startup

• Tech Support--When can we expect a solution to the same problem(s) indicated on SEVERAL threads on this forum?!!!!!

• I have been following this thread for a few days now as I have had the same problems posted and I have been hoping for a soultion. I have used Bitdefender for several years and generally pleased with it's performance. Upgrading to 2012 however has been nothing but problems and costly. I have droped back to 2010 in the mean time. My licence is up for renewal shortly and if things don't improve I will likley move on to another product. Frankly Bitdefeder I have lost confidence in your product!!

• Issue still havent been fixed, evev though a google search indicates a lot of ppl are suffering from these issues.

I too have the problem on two of my computers, the other one is a laptop.

It affects all webbrowsing, not site specific and the harddrive is massivle utilized when it occur, even loading google.com takes "forever", but when i deactivate on-access scanning, the issue is totally gone and everything works perfect.

I tried to reinstall bitdefender 2012 using the small exe that downloads the latest build, but it only works until i restart the computer and the downloaded updates are applied.

Ive got two other computers (another desktop and another laptop) which doesnt seem to be affected by this issue.

All of the computers are running win7 x64 ultimate, so it doesnt seem to be OS related.

Its really sad as Bitdefender is normally such a good product and ive been using it for many yrs now, but the current issue is a true bummer that shdve been fixed rather quickly, i mean it must be possible to pinpoint which of the updates thats messed up, remove it from the update pool and tell ppl to re-install bitdefender aftwards as a temporary solution.

Im wondering whether i shd go with BD2011 instead or just deactivate on-access scanning and wait for the fix, but i got the feeling that disabling on-access scanning may be a really bad idea?

• I have been following this thread for a few days now as I have had the same problems posted and I have been hoping for a soultion. I have used Bitdefender for several years and generally pleased with it's performance. Upgrading to 2012 however has been nothing but problems and costly. I have droped back to 2010 in the mean time. My licence is up for renewal shortly and if things don't improve I will likley move on to another product. Frankly Bitdefeder I have lost confidence in your product!!

Well said 'Oak100'. My sentiments exactly.

• Bandit1
    edited December 2011

BitDefender--Do you realize how much of your customer base you are losing as a result of your lack of action in response to this obvious systemic problem? Your Tech support...and I use the term 'support' loosely...is suspiciously quiet with no sense of urgency regarding this issue. But then again, in a world of free enterprise, that may be advantageous for your competitors such as Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Panda, Avera, and many others. I'm sure when the increasing number of dissatisfied customers begin entering their experiences in using your software in the plethora of 'product review' websites, the rating you have enjoyed for the past couple of years will be dramatically impacted.

• Pushkar112
    edited December 2011

Download IDM 6.08 beta It Fixes The Problem.

Download:link removed.

• Bandit1
    edited December 2011
    Download IDM 6.08 beta It Fixes The Problem.

Download:download link removed

Again...IDM 6.08 beta did not and does not solve the problems currently being experienced by several customers. Read the other threads currently being posted on the Forum.

• realkaka2204
    edited December 2011
    Again...IDM 6.08 beta did not and does not solve the problems currently being experienced by several customers. Read the other threads currently being posted on the Forum.

Note: This problem of my topic cause by "IDM vs Bitdefender", anh now IDM 6.08 beta fixed this problem. Other threads are other problem, which not relevant ( problem with "IDM vs Bitdefender" is solved).

• I have contacted IDM support staff some time ago and as they have said it's all because "BitDefender's WFP driver modifies network traffic in a weird way".

They promised to include a workaround with new IDM beta (released recently). Indeed, it works for me.

They also warned that the same conflict may happen between BitDefender and other networking apps that install WFP drivers.

• spotlight79
    edited December 2011

Dear Bitdefender Team!!

First of all, thank you for all the great products over the years! I´ve been a very satisfied customer since 2004 - that was the year when my PC got infected using Eset´s NOD32 and a friend of mine sugessted using Bitdefender. Eversince, I never got even one virus on my PC. And I am sufring ALOT!!!

Ok... 2012 edition... Bitdefender, what the f... is that???? First I downloaded it about one month ago, my browsing speed with all the browsers, my download & upload speed got so ridicoulosly lame (google.com loading more than 5 minutes on a 8 Mbps connection) that I downgraded back to the 2011 edition within an hour.

Then, few days ago I thought, I´ll give it a try once more. Every year I am looking forward to the new Bitdefender release and I am happy to pay for it since, as I believe(d), there is no better AV solution out there. So I downloaded BD Total Security 2012 again (happily only the trial version, did not pay for it yet). Some pages like Facebook are loading quite normally, but still, for example, google.com took more than 5 minutes to load. Youtube even slower. Some pages not loading at all... And this ridiculous button which you cannot remove that shows up on every page - extremely annoying!!! Up until 2011 you would run Bitdefender and not even know it´s there. Now it´s reminding you of itself everytime you open a page (well... if it loads)... I tried everything (as many people here, too... obvioulsy...), even deactivating every single module of BD, but nothing happened, no noticable change! And let me say something... Those solutions which are offered here, like unchecking HTTP traffic scan and so on - come on, people, if I PAY for a product, than I except FULL FUNCTIONALITY of it, not that it works only if I uncheck something or if I have to stop using something else!?!?!?!?!? I will not uncheck it - it has to work when it´s checked, too! Otherwise, remove it from the program!

Yesterday I removed Bitdefender 2012 from my PC and I will not downgrade to 2011, since I am not happy with that solution either. Although 2011 performs perfectly, being kinda technological freak, I always want to have the newest release.

So, dear Bitdefender, since you haven´t been able to solve this problem for months and since some really annoying features have been implemented in the 2012 suite (the traffic-light button in the web browsers or however it´s called), you definitely lost one customer. I think the 2012 version for Bitdefender is the same what Vista has been to Microsoft - a MAJOR FAIL!!!

I am really, really disappointed, especially being someone who recommended your product to many friends through all the years since 2004.

Since yesterday I am testing Eset Smart Security 5, after that I will test Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and decide which one I´m going to buy (just to mention - without BD TS 2012 on my PC, everything works perfectly). After 7 years, for the first time, it definitely won´t be Bitdefender. Sad... Hopefully the mistakes won´t be repeated in the 2013 edition - I would like to become a BD customer again... some day...

• I am just dumbfounded BD has not yet fixed this issue. If it's because you have had limited complaints, it's only because the majority don't understand that it's your product causing the problem.

As security is important, I thought...maybe it's my setup. So, I created a virtual machine with all updated OS and programs and installed BDIS12. I confirmed it is BD causing the crazy freezes, etc. The browsers I used were all the latest with zero extensions, plugins, etc.

If you are focusing more on commercial software, stop developing and selling consumer products. Three months in software development is a lifetime, and you've had a lifetime to fix this issue...I don't get it.

I've resorted to using BDIS11. A quick online search shows I can purchase BDIS11 'new' for around $20. So, I respectfully ask you either fix BDIS12 now, or rebate me the difference between your 1-yr/2-PC price on BDIS12 (that I paid) and $20; I think that's fair.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hello guys

With all the respect, this issue is specific. Some of you have incompatible software, leftovers from other security products.

That's why I need logs from each one so I can analyze them. You can send me a PM with it.

Regarding Internet Download Manager, a final answer was provided here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=127507

Thank you for your time.

• gl89
    edited December 2011
    Hello guys

With all the respect, this issue is specific. Some of you have incompatible software, leftovers from other security products.

That's why I need logs from each one so I can analyze them. You can send me a PM with it.

Regarding Internet Download Manager, a final answer was provided here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=127507

Thank you for your time.

I may respectfully disagree with you. I had BD loaded up on a brand new ACER laptop. There was a trial version of McAphee on the unit that I uninstalled. Had BD 2010 and 2011, no issues. BD 2012 loaded, no issues. It wasn't until your mid-November release that the performance hit started.

Can I assume that you see absolutely NO issues on your equipment?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi :)

Have you used the removal tool to uninstall the other antivirus product?

Does your laptop meet the system requirements listed here?

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total...%20Requirements

Could you please send me a log via PM?

You have all the details here:

Thank you.

• Hi :)

Have you used the removal tool to uninstall the other antivirus product?

Does your laptop meet the system requirements listed here?

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total...%20Requirements

Could you please send me a log via PM?

You have all the details here:

Thank you.

Chris:

If your message is referring to me, the notebook is an Intel I5-430 CPU, 4 gig RAM, 500 gig hard drive. I also ran the product on my desktop which is an I5-750/4 gig RAM/1 TB drive. Yes, I think this meets the requirements. I have a friend who is running BD and is having the same issues, since your mid-November update.

As an FYI, I have had to remove BD from both my machines. I could not handle the (lack of) performance and watching my hard drive thrash. I have AVG Free on my notebook and it is running, well, like it ran with BD 2010. And I have Norton on my desktop in trial mode and all is fine too.

I hope you can guys can accept that there is an issue with your latest release and fix it. I was VERY happy with your product for almost two years. I am happy to pay for performance but I just cannot pay for a renewal license based on how the product is running now.

Sorry for being blunt. Take my feedback for what it's worth.

• First of all: @ql89 - you are absolutely right, nothing to add to that.

And now @Chris: I know it's not up to you personally so please don't take it personally, but you guys are becoming kind of arrogant. Just accept the fact that the problem is your software, NOT SOMETHING ELSE!

I am not a user who has seen a computer for the first time in his life, as many people here, too. There were no leftovers of previous AV on my system, no incompatible software. BTW, as far as "incompatible software" goes - there should be no such thing for an AV suite!!!!!!!!! Think about it!

And how come I have no problem with ANY suite - it's just Bitdefender. The past days I tried Avast, Kaspersky, Panda, Eset and Norton. And today I bought Norton 360 V5 - very happy with it!

You guys might consider rethinking your policy... As soon as you just consider the possibility that there is something wrong with YOUR software, you might even be able to solve the problem... But that might be to late to keep some customers. I for sure know that you lost one. Don't make the same mistakes with the next release and I might be back.

And to all the others having the same problem: if you are a Bitdefender fan, as I used to be, try Norton, I'm sure you will like it!

• I agree with spotlihgt79.

I'm a first time using BD total 2012 and the worst mistake ever. Just wasted 69.99 for this paid version. I should've tried the trial version. I tried uninstall and install so many times with same results. My web browser are so slow to crawl. Uninstall and everythings perfect again. Now i'm using Kaspersky and everything back in normal and happy.

• i agree this product has made my computer useless - downloader.exe and vsrss.exe is taking all of cpu resources. Please advise how to fix = thanks

• Bitdefender Team:

I'm using CPU Intel Core i7 2700k, DDR1333 16 gig ram, 500 gig harddrive, windows 7 home premium and i'm facing problems with the slow down since end- October. First, i thought it was my computer, however, i went online and do some research and so many people were having the same issues. Time to move on and find another product. There are soo many out there. I still have about 10 months left on my license (BD Total 2012) paid version but i don't mind. I'm willing to uninstall this product and move on.

There are soo many comments about this issue and seems like Bitdefender Team take forever to fix it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi guys :)

This weekend I have analyzed all the logs received from the users that posted on this topic.

There is nothing in common in those logs. So this issue is specific(in some cases). Sometimes is hardware related, is some cases is software related(conflicts between software, other security solutions, etc).

For those that have Internet Download Manager(IDM), please uninstall the current version and use the latest beta provided on the download page(currently Internet Download Manager v6.08 beta):

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

We received positive feedback from all the customers that have Bitdefender 2012 installed and that version of IDM.

At the end of the month is scheduled a TrafficLight update(the toolbar from the browsers). Most of the issues should be fixed then.

If you still encounter the slowdown issues over the internet, please send me the logs. We want to solve this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a nice weekend and happy holidays.

• I am interested in hearing more people's experiences with the current updated version of Bit Defender.

When I tried it about 2 months ago the program was still horribly slow when it came to web browsing. There shouldn't be a NEED to disable anti phishing in Firefox in order to use the software at a reasonable level.

• Duradel:

Yes, if you first install the program than it will work fine for 1-2 days until all the updates are applied, and restart your computer on and off for few times. After that, you will see a remarkable slow downs, shut off slow downs, whole computer slow down and even when you disable something (uncheck) the feature, it automatic enable! You go back and confirmed its uncheck but it still enable, no clue on this one. I'm happy with Kaspersky for now. Like i said on my other post, i'm willing to uninstall this program and move on even i'm still have 10 months left on my license.

• Hi All

Thank you for posting your comments here, it is very useful to read from those who have been loyal Bitdefender users and the ups and downs you are now facing.

I was considering buying a Bitdefender product after reading good reviews about it, and when I went to download a free trial, I was pleased to get hold of Bitdefender TS 2012 free on trialpay by purchasing another offer. Great so far.

But after reading these comments I am reluctant to install it on my Notebook - and may not risk it.

Browsing speed is one of my main concerns with my notebook - that and having no crashes. I try to maintain optimum processing as much as I know how.

Up until now I have been running AVG free, but lately I have wanted to make sure I am covered with the best AV software out there - Bitdefender seemed to be at the top of the pile. Is this really still the case?/

My HP Notebook had been experiencing browser slowdown and crashing problems recently, so I did a fair bit of work to optimize my system - installing a recommended cleaner as well as defrag s/w which resolved those issues really well (registry problems due to increased online streaming I think.)

So, to the Bitdefender team:

Unless I begin to read that fixes have been found for the slow browsing problems mentioned on this thread (and others), I will not be happy to become a customer and will not be able to recommend you to others.

Please advise when you think it is SAFE to download Bitdefender TS 2012, because without some convincing assurances, I just won't risk it, and that would be a shame, don't you think?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Janet

This discussion has been closed.