Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Causes Bsod

Options

Last week I had BSOD issues when starting up the PC. Every first boot caused a BSOD. After a reset the boot was ok and the system worked ok too.

With the help of some tools I discovered that the BDVEDISK file was involved.

I uninstalled BD and the BSOD problem was solved.

Then I tried to install BD again but right after the install the system crashed with a BSOD.

I tried this several times but everytime the system crashes directly after installing BD.

Any clue what to do?

Regards,

Ton

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Antoon
    edited November 2011
    Options

I have the file on my desktop but I can't attach it when I try to PM.

It says uploading and after that nothing happens. No error message.

It's 10 MB so I guess it's to big...

• nikki605
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have the file on my desktop but I can't attach it when I try to PM.

It says uploading and after that nothing happens. No error message.

It's 10 MB so I guess it's to big...

You cannot directly attach the file to a PM. You need to upload the file to a free file sharing service like MediaFire or SendSpace. After the upload is complete, the website will display a download link. Copy that download link to your Windows clipboard and then past that link in a PM to Cristi B.

Those instructions were in the topic that Cristi linked to in his post above.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Regards,

• Antoon
    edited November 2011
    Options

You're right sorry. It took so long to generate the file I forgot ;)

Did the upload and send the file so I hope it will be allright now.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

I've sent you further instructions via email.

Thank you.

• Me too. I sometimes facing BSOD. I think cause by Bitdefender because The first boot after BSOD, Bitdefender worked not good ( AVC, Realtime Protection, Firewall,Auto Update are turn off and can't start), I must restart system again, everything is ok. I use ver 15.0.34.1437.

• Funny, the reply I posted last week is removed...

The reply where I mentioned uninstalling BD and using another product solved the issue.

Big Brother?

Anyway I send my data a week ago and didn't hear from it again.

• I must apologise. The post I menioned using another product was on another threat. (toolbar issues).

I can't edit my former post, don't know why, so I correct with an update..

The issue had to de with BD. I removed it and and use another product now and the BSOD didn't appear again.

I did send the requested data for my ticket a week ago. Didn't hear from it since then.

I have the feeling the dev team is busy working for other projects.

Maybe they are gone...

My other issue (toolbar) is open for months and no progress there too.

In my opnion it's about time BD informs us what went wrong with the 2012 release (bad testing f.i.) and tells us when things get fixed.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Ton :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

I have send you further instructions via email.

Thank you.

• I was having two problems.

I ran a full scan and the scan screen was still active but the computer was locked up. I forced a reboot and got the blue screen. I forced another reboot and the system came up okay.

I have had the blue screen after reboot at least four times since upgrading to BD2012.

I have since followed the troubleshooting instructions in the manual and uninstalled BD2012 in safe mode using the uninstall tool from BD, rebooted and re-installed the program. I have only had to force one reboot so far.

JimL

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Jim

This discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30850

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.