Bitdefender Slows Internet Dramatically

landser
edited November 2011 in General

Dear Bitdefender,

I bought yesterday 25-11-2011 Internet Security 2012. I installed Bitdefender on a fresh Windows 7 64 bit computer. Bitdefender slows my internet dramatically. I get 1mb download, i have a fast 50 mb connection! I uninstalled Bitdefender and i get 50 mb download speed again. I have read in the forum many people experience the same.

I do not see a solution, so i want to use the 15 days money back guranteed.

Please contact me.

Best Regards,

Daan

Comments

• I agree! Technical Support are you paying attention?!! It appears you have SEVERAL problems with your BitDefender 2012 software. There are at least seven different threads on this Forum indicating similar problems with BitDefender 2012. Instead of the plausible deniability and casting blame on web browser(s) software or functionality, add-ons, or other third party software; how about determining the real root cause(s), forumulate positive and lasting correction action/solution(s), and get them out to the customers ASAP! The guesses and excuses are getting a little old.

• same issue here. I finally gave into the all the virus hype and bought this, installed it found no threats and dramatically slowed my internet down to a crawl. I couldnt even type anyting into the search without it stopping after the first letter. I tried disabiling firewall and all the scans but nothing. I have been fine without anit virus for years now I feel like a fool. Also there is nothing the PC performance stuff in bitdefender that does not already exist in default windows. So why did I buy this?

thanks

• I had Kapersky Internet Security 2011 it worked fine I read various sites reviews (amazon included) and BD 2012 was supposed to be the best, no mention of slow internet. As above post have said I installed BD2012 yesterday having uninstalled K2011. Not impressed at how sluggish the net has become. I too tried different settings whilst trying to keep secure. But still both Google chrome and Firefox 8 are run slow. Once the page has set up it speeds up slightly but its not good enough.

Please Help

• because there is no Tech responce to this email I guess this problem is officially un-fixable.

Time to redeem that 15 day money back refund.

thanks

• because there is no Tech responce to this email I guess this problem is officially un-fixable.

Time to redeem that 15 day money back refund.

thanks

Good move 'stubble88'. Wish I could do the same.

• That is the most sensible solution to BD problems...Get rid of it all together.

Your worries will go I got rid of mine due to the EVER ongoing "Un-SOLVEABLE ERRORS that I had. Crash's, Freezing slow PC Etc Etc Etc!!

Not worth asking Tech Support for a solution.. They generally say re-format & start again, re-install send us a log file which they do little or nothing about.

Kaspersky is a lifetime ahead of BD.

I think BD should stand for ....BURY DEEP......in the waste matter of AV technology. R.I.P Rest in Poo !!! Where it belongs!!!!!!

• Bitdefender: If you don't fix this soon then you will lose customers by the thousand. vsserv.exe is permanenrtly active on everyone's machines it seems, and slows everyone's PC to a crawl with memory/ CPU and Disks working like crazy. I've used BD for 4 years but even though I have 11 months remaining I am considering alternatives; the performance is intolerable and your inactivity in fixing this issue is regrettable (and it is your future profits which may regret it most). I advise your doing something as a priority.

• Guys, can support all fired?)) And then just stopped responding)

• I GOT THIS FRM SUPPORT:

Thank you for your e-mail. In order to solve this issue you will need to add

the application to the Exclusions List. The steps are below and are quite

simple:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions

2. Add the file to the Active Virus Control exclusions: click on "Excluded

processes" > add the .exe file of the software and make sure it is "Allowed" >

click "Close".

3. Now add the file to the "on access and on-demand" scan exclusions: click on

"Excluded files and folders" > Add the file and make sure it's excluded for

"both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning.

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Advanced >

click on "Application rules":

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Now please restart the computer and recheck the software. I'm fairly confident

the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require

further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

• I just got mine and its moving so slow... :wacko:1.gif

• I just got mine and its moving so slow... :wacko:1.gif

Have you tried the above advice from the CS at BD?

• UPDATE: I got my money back!

Must say they refunded my money very fast. I send yesterday a mail to nicolas.scotto@eptimum.com that i want to make use of the 30 days money back quarantee. I got a answer today see below:

Mr. Meijer,

To make the refund of your order

Please complete the document below and return it to the address indicated in the latter.

http://www.eptimum.com/clients/Demande_ann...ion_Eptimum.pdf

Sincerely,

Nicolas

Customer Service

Bitdefender / Eptimum

I filled in the form today ( its in French so i had to use google translate!) and send it back (mail) to them and i tonight i got my money back (paypal account).

I did not expect that at all.

I hope this mail will help others when they decide to use the 30 days money back quarantee!

Best regards,

Daan

• Bitdefender: If you don't fix this soon then you will lose customers by the thousand. vsserv.exe is permanenrtly active on everyone's machines it seems, and slows everyone's PC to a crawl with memory/ CPU and Disks working like crazy. I've used BD for 4 years but even though I have 11 months remaining I am considering alternatives; the performance is intolerable and your inactivity in fixing this issue is regrettable (and it is your future profits which may regret it most). I advise your doing something as a priority.

Well said, 'mick60'. Conveys the thoughts of MANY of us.

• I GOT THIS FRM SUPPORT:

Thank you for your e-mail. In order to solve this issue you will need to add

the application to the Exclusions List. The steps are below and are quite

simple:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions

2. Add the file to the Active Virus Control exclusions: click on "Excluded

processes" > add the .exe file of the software and make sure it is "Allowed" >

click "Close".

3. Now add the file to the "on access and on-demand" scan exclusions: click on

"Excluded files and folders" > Add the file and make sure it's excluded for

"both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning.

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Advanced >

click on "Application rules":

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Now please restart the computer and recheck the software. I'm fairly confident

the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require

further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Depending on what exactly your initial problem was and the program files it was effecting; this appears to be another BD temporary fix. We (customers) are seeking a permanent solution.

• Hello

This discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29397

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.