Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Frost Security

Options

Dear Support,

Frost Security is a software used by Innova Systems in their online games to prevent players from cheating and using third-party programs which can affect the game and considered, as a cheating. Innova Systems offers different online games on the territory of Russia and plays the role of local distributor and service provider for many world famous online games, as instance Lineage 2.

Innova Systems

4game

I am using BitDefender for many years and newer had any issues with that. Few days ago, after my hdd crash, I switched from my old Windows Vista Home Premium to a Windows 7 Pro and after that can't access my favorite game.

Frost Security is giving me a warning message and disconnecting me from the game after 10-30 sec. I found out, that this does not happen, if BitDefender is not set up on the PC.

I tried BitDefender Total Security 2011 and BD Internet Security 2012, unfortunately the result is the same. I used BitDefender Total Security 2011 on Vista and played Lineage 2 with no problem, but since I am on Win 7 its not possible with the BD on my PC.

Im an experienced user, so I tried to add game files to the exclusions - did not help.

I even tried to turn off ALL the BD components - did not help!

Please, help!

Comments

• HI grechill ,

there may be some other possibilities due to which hard disk got crashed ,if version mismatch then os may be crashed instead of hard disk . please on vista can you install old bit defender and check your game is working or not .

• grechill
    edited December 2011
    Options

I perfectly know why my hdd crashed and the topic is not about it.

I can not play the game on Win 7 with BD on it. I am not going to set up Vista just to test - there is no point in it, cuz I used Vista+BD for 4 year and newer had any troubles.

Now, there are only 1 solution in my head - change the anti-virus, but I really dont want to do it.

That's why Im writing here looking for some advice from Tech Support. Maybe they can tell me how to adjust the BD, so it does not conflict with Frost, or they can tell why it may happen. Then I can contact Frost tech support, who may try to fix this issue, if they know the source of the problem. Got it?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Could you please create Exclusions for those programs?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you.

• Christian,

Can you read?!

Im an experienced user, so I tried to add game files to the exclusions - did not help.

I even tried to turn off ALL the BD components - did not help!

Sorry for a late response, did not have a time to test BD again. But today I found some and this time could not even launch the game!!! (with tons of exclusions in antivirus and firewall, even completely turned off).

Great job!

P.S. Switching to another antivirus after 7 year success is real pity, but you, my read BD, left me no other choice.

P.P.S. Hope you are going to find the solution to this problem in the next version, cuz I dont want to be disappointing next time, when I try BD. Hopefully wont...

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

I read your message. I have posted that link because we provide Exclusions in 2 places: for the Real Time Protection scanner and for Active Virus Control.

In this case let's try something:

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the BitDefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!