Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]problems With Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012

Hi,

I installed BD Antivirus Plus 2012 with no issues. After I did an update it asked me to reboot which I did. When I rebooted the PC it wouldn't go into Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium). The screen was black and all I had was the mouse cursor visible. That's it.

Now, I had the same issue with the 2011 version, and I contacted tech. support and they told me to update (free) to 2012 version. Same issue. I had to go into safe mode to start the uninstalling process then it told me to reboot into Windows 7 to finish the uninstalling process which I did successfully. I don't know what to make of it. I can't send a log because I can't get into Windows 7. I have no clue what it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Regards,

Scott

Comments

• Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. :)

I have BDAV 2012 installed on a Win7 Pro SP1 x64 laptop, so I know it will install.

Two questions:

1. Do you have SP1 installed for Win7? If not, you need to install it first.

2. Did you previously, or do you have now, any another antivirus/security program installed on the PC? If you did (or do), you need to run the maker's uninstall tool to completely remove any other security program. Links to the official uninstall tools of many of th emore common security programs can be found in this pinned topic. Having multiple antivirus/security programs installed at once can cause conflicts, BSODs and other adverse problems with a PC.

After uninstalling any other security programs, run the BD uninstall tool to remove any traces of the previously failed BD installation attempts. This will start you with a clean system.

Download a fresh copy of the full-file version of BDAV 2012 64-bit from HERE and save it to the folder of your choice. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator to start the installation. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Report back with your results.

Since this is an installation issue, I am going to move your topic to the Installation sub-forum.

Awaiting your reply,

• kesali
    edited December 2011
    Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. :)

I have BDAV 2012 installed on a Win7 Pro SP1 x64 laptop, so I know it will install.

Two questions:

1. Do you have SP1 installed for Win7? If not, you need to install it first.

2. Did you previously, or do you have now, any another antivirus/security program installed on the PC? If you did (or do), you need to run the maker's uninstall tool to completely remove any other security program. Links to the official uninstall tools of many of th emore common security programs can be found in this pinned topic. Having multiple antivirus/security programs installed at once can cause conflicts, BSODs and other adverse problems with a PC.

After uninstalling any other security programs, run the BD uninstall tool to remove any traces of the previously failed BD installation attempts. This will start you with a clean system.

Download a fresh copy of the full-file version of BDAV 2012 64-bit from HERE and save it to the folder of your choice. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator to start the installation. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Report back with your results.

Since this is an installation issue, I am going to move your topic to the Installation sub-forum.

Awaiting your reply,

I was going to uninstall BD and follow your instructions and re-install it. When I went to Control Panel, and clicked "Uninstall", A window popped up with two choices, Uninstall and Repair. Hmmm, what to lose? I clicked Repair. BD started uninstalling files and installing new files. After a couple restarts and a threat that the whole operation was going to fail, it repaired whatever was wrong. It works great!!

• Glad to hear that a simple repair resolved your issue. :)

I'll close this topic as resolved, but feel free to start a new topic if the need should arise.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.