Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]Some Issues With Only 12 Days Trial Left.... Info Please?

Options
Maaz
edited September 2011 in General

Hi guys..

I've tried to stick with Bitdefender and gave it a good run.

These are the issues I am struggling with so far.

Somehow this product just does not come across to me as a finished release, it almost looks like it's a public beta.

I saw some of the issues here on this forum, but not all.

I am running all this on a freshly new laptop, precision m6600 with 8GB Ram and Core i7 2.2 GHZ processor with Windows 7 64-bit. SP1

I have installed Antivirus 2012 to evaluate it. I used to like bitdefender products, but this one is just sooo buggy

Here's my issues.

1. youtube lag (widely discussed so not going to elaborate)

2. Browser lock/slowdown - It seems my browsers (I mostly use Firefox) seem to slow down and it looks like internet speed is slower than running laptop without bitdefender. Mostly noticable vrowser seems to lock when on flash sites or when switching tabs.

3. Laptop mode settings do not stick in Bitdefender and act totally random - When setting laptop mode to on, after reboot it is switched off again in the settings menu.

Also when laptop mode is switched on, when unplugging when bitdefender windows are not open, everything works (e.g.. Bitdefender switches off activescan and updates etc. like it should) I can see this by bringing up the bitdefender dashboard.

However, when unplugging with dashboard on screen (so bitdefender window open) it results in Autopilot being switched off, and BD not turning to Laptop mode.

I haven't had a good chance to test the game mode, but I saw a user post a problem with that too..maybe it's related to this.

So the laptop mode (which I really want to use as I want to save the most battery when not on power lead) is buggy as heck.

This together with the two other problems posted above make me seriously want to reconsider going for a license.

I would appreciate any comments and am offering my help to get these problems sorted.

The key for me is communication, I need to know these issues are being worked on and will be fixed before my trial runs out (which is 12 days, 11 really as it is late here)

So please dev's of Bitdefender, I would love to read your thoughts on my problems and if they are being looked at

I have not created a ticket for these issues as I prefer to handle things in Forums so other people can learn from it as well.

Look forward to getting a response.

PS. If other users are having similar problems, please post on this thread as I would love to know it's not just me and my brand new laptop :)

Thanks everyone, hope we can get these creases ironed out of otherwise very powerful software.

Comments

• Hi guys.

I reckon the youtube issue is being worked on.

However, can someone comment on Laptop mode acting irregular and settings not sticking after boot?

Thanks

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

I have performed the following tests and could not exactly reproduce the issue you encounter with the Automatic Laptop mode:

- if I unplug the laptop from A/C with or without the GUI open, the auto scan and auto update will switch to OFF;

However I was able to reproduce one part of the issue: the one when the 'Automatic laptop mode' switch to OFF automatically. This occurs regardless if the GUI is open/closed or if the laptop is unplugged from A/C.

Considering the above, be kindly informed that I have escalated the issue for resolution to the Dev. Team. Your ticket ID is: 201110011003501. I will announce the fix release in the 'Product update' pinned topic under the 'Update' forum category for the 2012 products, follow by an email notification to your address associated with the forum account.

Thank you for your time and support in helping us resolve the issues you encounter. If you need any info please let me know.

Regards,

• Hello DanyDan,

see also here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30582

I am having the same issues with my purchased BD 2k12 AV.

1. Automatic Laptop Mode doesn't stay on after reboot, it reverts to off.

2. Anonymous Usage Reports doesn't stay off at all, it reverts back to on directly. NB: I have the same software installed on a desktop, too, and I deselected Anonymous Usage Reports during the install phase. On THAT machine it stays permanently off. On the laptop it was set to on during install and is now un-off-able.

3. Submit quarantined files doesn't stay off after reboot, it reverts back to on.

Is there any ETA on the fixes for this? As a paying customer I'd like to be able to turn on and off what I see fit to. ;-)

Thanks, much obliged.

• Hi Hakimoto,

some times it happened due to database , so please update database as well as OS hotfix which may solve yours problem.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

We are working to fix those issues and we hope the fix will be provided in the next product update.

I will get back to you with further details.

Thank you.

• Hello,

I can confirm that as of today 2012-02-27 these issues still occur:

- Automatic Laptop Mode will only remain on as long as the machine is not rebooted after switching ALM on. When ALM is switched on and the power cord removed from the laptop, Auto Scan and Auto Update will be switched off and the BD icon changes to yellow (to report Auto Scan is off). Upon reboot, ALM is off again.

- Submit quarantine reports will always come back on after reboot.

- Anonymous Usage Reports will always come back on immediately UNLESS it was deactivated in the advanced options during installation. If deactivated during installation it will remain off permanently.

Thanks for updates regarding this, especially Automatic Laptop Mode and Submit Quarantine Reports. Ideally we'd like ALM to stay on permanently when it's switched on and SQR to stay off permanently when it's switched off.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

There is a small miscommunication between the interface and some files that keep the settings.

Our developers are working on these. This is not affecting the modules that protect the PC, only those settings related to the main interface.

Take care.