Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Problems

Options

Hi, It's my first time on this forum and I know it's very cheeky asking for help on my first post but here goes, if possible I need some help installing the 32bit version of internet security onto one of the pc's I have. I have a 5 user 3 year licence. So far I have installed this on 2 units with no problem. When installing it on I'm trying to install in on another unit I'm getting a "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file)" error. FYI I dont know if this makes any difference, it's a laptop running XP proffesional service pack 2 1.5GHz processor 512 meg ram and 30 Gig free on the hard drive. I have set the Virtual memory to "System managed size". What else it could be I dont know. Can anyone help please

Cheers

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi stu,

Are you installing from a kit that you downloaded, or from an original CD? Because if you use a downloaded installer, maybe it just got corrupted when you transfered it from one PC to another. Try to download another install kit (from www.bitdefender.com) and see if it works.

Another possible cause might be that you are not running the installer with Administrator privileges.

Please post if this solved your problem or not.

Cris.

• Hi, my own stupidity caused the problem. I forgot to remove the old internet security first. Sorry for wasting your time

Cheers

Stu