Really Hacked Off With Total Security 2012

I used to have 2011, which I had no problems with it. I get a new computer and when the moth free virus ran out. I installed bit defender 2012 and have had nothing but problems.

1. I cant use Chrome, it just says loading page and eventually times out. Other browsers are fine

2. I have also just found it that it causes Dragon naturally speaking 11 to have an error on start up. I only work this out after spending 4 hours trying to get it to work today and as a final option tried switching off bitdefender.

3. I am sick of having to chase the support people for answers, I reported problem 1 on the 22/09/11.

If I swich off bitdefender both the problems disapear.

Ticket id 201109221027228

Comments

• Hi and welcome to our forums.

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

I've sent you a reply via email.

Thank you.

• Thank you for getting back quickly. I will go and check for your email.

• Welcome back Aerospice

In order to keep just one communication channel, please reply via email.

Thank you.

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back Aerospice

In order to keep just one communication channel, please reply via email.

Thank you.

G'day Chris,

Can you please publish (post) any fixes for the "Dragon Naturally Speaking 11" issue, as I have the same problem with DNS v11.5 on my Win 7 Ultimate Workstation.

Besides other issues that BDTS 2012 seems to be causing, i.e. the programs affected worked OK before I installed BDTS 2012 and now they do not load, with issues regarding port scans blocked, etc., - Some do use or need this for verification (authentication) purposes and BD is blocking them !!

However I will address these and many other issues with BDTS and BDIS v2012 on Vista Ultimate, Win 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Pro SP3 (xp is a disaster with BDTS 2012) in separate tickets to gold Support and here to get the best fixes for these issues.

BTW: I saw a post with Cris ? = is this one and the same Chris ?

pcbugfixer :ph34r:

• BTW: I saw a post with Cris ? = is this one and the same Chris ?

"Cristi B." changed his screen name to "Chris." ;) They are the same person. :)

Regards,

• Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.36.1530(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.