Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Long Time Problem...

Options

I am long time BitDefender user. Few months ago started having problems with “vsserve.exe”. It does use CPU resources up to 30-40%, and computer is very slow and that is the problem. RAM usage is 11-20MB and i think is ok. HDD works allmost all the time. I use Windows 7 x86 SP1 Ultimate and BD Total Security 2011.

CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E6600, 3066 MHz

Motherboard Name ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 (4 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, LAN)

System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series (512 MB)

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC662 @ VIA VT8237S High Definition Audio Controller

Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD753LJ ATA Device (750 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-108 ATA Device

DMI BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc. Ver. P2.20

vsserv.jpg

vsserv_exe1.jpg

Please help me!

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi and welcome to our forums.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=226&id=42

Thank you.

• I hope that this issue is resolved in the latest version BD Total Security 2012. In a few days should be extend my license to the 2012 version but I do not want to have the same problems again on 3 computers...

Why does this happen?

From the year 2008-2010 there were no such problems, no one complained then the vsserv.exe

• I hope that the answer to my question ...

Thanks also to you for your prompt response.

I'm thinking to buy another license for 3 computers, but with this problem is probably not.

'll wait a bit and if the problem is resolved I'll buy another license.

Regards,

laki71

• Than, nice that it a problem in newer versions 2012 settled but what I do I do in the current version is 2011? What is the solution?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gkm6g8

Тhat is link for BDSP

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

After analyzing that log I discovered that you have other security solutions installed on the same machine.

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

Thank you.

• laki71
    edited December 2011
    Options

I only have Spybot - Search & Destroy last 10-15 days. The problem has existed for five months, and therefore it's not the cause of the problem. If you say to delete it, okay I'll do it. Is there anything else to be deleted? Please write to me exactly what to delete.

Thanks in advance!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You need to remove that software for Bitdefender to work properly.

Take care.

• lm having a similar issue first happened when l was messing around with some apk files for my android phone. seemed to pick them up as viruses.. l know they are not.

regardless l randomly find vasserv.exe eating 50% of my CPU. now l read something about other softwares, the only thing l do have is CCleaner. but its been installed for the best part of six months and the issue has only happened twice in the last few days, funny thing is this same issue is why l rolled back from BD 2012 before l upgraded my system l never did find out why but its getting kind of annoying to turn on my monitor to 50/100% while idling.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Timeless :)

The discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35550

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.