Bitdefender Free V9 Expired

RocknRollTim
RocknRollTim ✭✭
edited November 2011 in General talk

Hi there,

This is meant to be addressed to George R in regards to the following forum topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=30230&hl= as I couldn't respond to him due to the post being locked as I only received automated messages this morning in my Inbox regarding his responses after 4 days. Anyway I'll let you know when I've carried out your steps and whether they were successful, the same happened to me in forum topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=28238&hl=. Lastly I was referring to V10 not V9, sorry for the confusion.

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Comments

• Hello

If you still receive that error, you have another key here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=122107

Thank you.

• Dear Cristi B,

Please could I have a new license key, as the one in the link is already in use, please could you supply me a new one.

Thank you,

Tim Auluck

Hello

If you still receive that error, you have another key here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=122107

Thank you.

• Hello

You will be contacted by my colleague George.

Thank you.

• Hi Tim Auluck ,

welcome to forum. please check the BIOS date and system date are proper,if any one of these are advanced this type of problem may appear .

• Thank you Cristi B.

Hello

You will be contacted by my colleague George.

Thank you.

• Welcome back.

Don't forget about my offer.

You have all the details in my last PM

Take care. :)

• Will do Cristi B and take care too. :)

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Welcome back.

Don't forget about my offer.

You have all the details in my last PM

Take care. :)

• Hi Tim

Please checkout this website:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html#matrix_home

In the current situation, you need to upgrade to Bitdefender 2009 Free Edition of accept the offer from my last PM.

Thank you.

• RocknRollTim
    RocknRollTim ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi Chris,

As the link states that BitDefender Free 2009 expired in March as part of the Support Product Lifecycle, does BitDefender Free 2010 exist? If there is, where can I obtain it from? If not, is there a newer version such as 2011 or 2012?

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Hi Tim

Please checkout this website:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html#matrix_home

In the current situation, you need to upgrade to Bitdefender 2009 Free Edition of accept the offer from my last PM.

Thank you.

• Hi Tim

Bitdefender Free Edition 2008 expired in March and the migration path is Bitdefender Free Edition 2009.

We provide support for Bitdefender 2009 Free Edition, that why I'm telling you to install this version.

Thank you.

• Hi Chris, in that case I've already got BitDefender Free 2009 already installed as it says 2009 in the build number, do you think the resetting of my system clock could be the cause of the problem? This problem all started when I flashed the BIOS 5 years ago with the incorrect BIOS flashing software thinking it was HP when in fact was Phoenix/American Trends, even though it's a HP Pavilion A110.UK, but I can't see that being the case as the DAT or database file should withstand the alteration of the clock, the clock resets itself all the time when powering down and turning off the computer but not when powering down the computer, I've never been able to fix this problem even after when reflashing the BIOS with a different flash program, I think I might scrap this computer next year and replace it with a new one.

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Hi Tim

Bitdefender Free Edition 2008 expired in March and the migration path is Bitdefender Free Edition 2009.

We provide support for Bitdefender 2009 Free Edition, that why I'm telling you to install this version.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi Tim

After reading your post, that could be the main cause of the issues encountered.

Please restore your BIOS to the initials state and replace the battery on the motherboard.

Note: All personal computers require a small battery on the system board that provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip, even while the computer is turned off. This chip contains information about the system configuration (e.g., hard disk type, floppy drive types, date and time, and the order in which the computer will look for bootable disks). The CMOS battery allows the CMOS to preserve these settings.

Thank you.

• Thanks Chris, I'll give that go and let you know.

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Hi Tim

After reading your post, that could be the main cause of the issues encountered.

Please restore your BIOS to the initials state and replace the battery on the motherboard.

Note: All personal computers require a small battery on the system board that provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip, even while the computer is turned off. This chip contains information about the system configuration (e.g., hard disk type, floppy drive types, date and time, and the order in which the computer will look for bootable disks). The CMOS battery allows the CMOS to preserve these settings.

Thank you.

• Welcome back Tim.

If you still need assistance on this, I am here for you.

Take care.

• Will do Chris and thanks for your assistance.

Many thanks,

Tim Auluck

Welcome back Tim.

If you still need assistance on this, I am here for you.

Take care.

• Hi Tim :)

Since the initial issue has been clarified, I declare this topic closed.

If you need assistance with Bitdefender 2009 Free, please open a new topic on this area. Take care.

This discussion has been closed.