Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Bd Ts 2012 Block .exe Files!?

Why BD TS 2012 block .exe files!? I cant install anything... For example: Last problem was with this tv player http://www.nettvplus.com/

In firewall this program was on "allow".

Same program work without problem with BD TS 2011.

Why is that?

I deleted BD TS 2012 and installed version 2011 and all my problems with player and blocking .exe are gone... All programs are from save source and i use them long time (for years).

Without nettvplus player i wont not buy BD TS 2012. Why is last version so complicate? This is big disappointment for me because i am user from 2008.

Version Total Security 2010 was best for me. Worked without any a problem.

With version Total Security 2011 i have problem with vsserv.exe

Will this problem in TS 2012 be solved? I have only 18 days key left...

If not, Can i buy BD TS 2010 again?

Please help me...

Comments

• Why BD TS 2012 block .exe files!? I cant install anything... For example: Last problem was with this tv player http://www.nettvplus.com/

In firewall this program was on "allow".

Same program work without problem with BD TS 2011.

Why is that?

I deleted BD TS 2012 and installed version 2011 and all my problems with player and blocking .exe are gone... All programs are from save source and i use them long time (for years).

Without nettvplus player i wont not buy BD TS 2012. Why is last version so complicate? This is big disappointment for me because i am user from 2008.

Version Total Security 2010 was best for me. Worked without any a problem.

With version Total Security 2011 i have problem with vsserv.exe

Will this problem in TS 2012 be solved? I have only 18 days key left...

If not, Can i buy BD TS 2010 again?

Please help me...

Did you try BD IS 2012? I have BD TS 2012 and I dont have any problem. Try Internet Security 2012 and see whats happen.

• Technical support!?

Anybody?

• Technical support!?

Anybody?

Try to repair BD. Then see whats happen.

• Hello laki71,

Could you please explain what do you mean by ”block”? Doesn't that application start at all, or it starts but it doesn't work correctly (for instance, it shows an error - which error?), or it starts but is then closed by Bitdefender (in which case, what message does Bitdefender show)?

Please give a little more details about the problems you experience, because ”block” is a far too generic word for it to actually mean anything useful.

Cris.

• laki71
    edited December 2011
    Hello laki71,

Could you please explain what do you mean by ”block”? Doesn't that application start at all, or it starts but it doesn't work correctly (for instance, it shows an error - which error?), or it starts but is then closed by Bitdefender (in which case, what message does Bitdefender show)?

Please give a little more details about the problems you experience, because ”block” is a far too generic word for it to actually mean anything useful.

Cris.

Block = I can not install any program normally.

here's what I'm doing

1) double-click on .exe

2) installation starts

3) installation is going to 60-70%

4) show me down in the corner that is potentially harmful program running

5) click to show details

6) I tag "malware" and click "allow" (sometimes i must repeat that 2-3 times)

7) BitDefender tells me that the application is allowed by the user

8) complete the installation but the program is not installed (that is BLOCK by BitDefender in my case)

I have to restart the installation of program to be installed correctly. It's frustrating to do every time for programs i know that they are safe.

Why my Bitdefender Total Security 2012 blocking programs proven they are not harmful at all?

I installed version 2011 and all blocked programs are installed without problems.

This means that the new 2012 version does not work well or have a problem with the database!!!

or something...

• I take most of programs from sites that legally proven for viruses such as www.computerbase.de or www.chip.de

• So far I am very satisfied with BitDefender. I even wanted to buy a license for 5 computers instead of 3 computers. I want to continue using BD C but with such conditions would probably not (to my regret). Sorry for my poor knowledge of English ..

• OK, now I understood you problem. I, or someone else from Tech Support, will post a suggestion for you tomorrow.

Cris.

• I forgot to say, the said player can run but can not watch a single channel. This is a player to watch tv channels without TV sets. You can look at this address www.nettvplus.com

Thank you for taking the time for me...

Regards from me,

Srecko

• Hello Cris,

I have another 17 days to solve the problem. After that my license expires ...

BD2.jpg

Thank you for your assistance ...

My Regards,

laki71

• I have another 15 days to solve the problem. After that my license expires ...

Merry Christmas everyone !!

• Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Have you tried to create exclusions for that software?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Thank you. Happy Holidays!

• laki71
    edited December 2011

Hello Christian,

I did this but no change. I tried on two different operating systems, XP Home and Windows 7 Ultimate and does not work. I can run the player. From 190 channels I can see only 5 or 6.

How is it possible to see channels 5-6 and 185 can not? If the application is blocked, then blocked a whole not just one part of it. I accidentally discovered that I can run these channels. I was desperate and I ran down to the last row channels. The same happens on both operating systems.

I am really desperate. I love bitdefender C, but the latest version make me crazy. I read the entire manual but I have not found a solution. What is this all about? Can someone help me?

T Y

laki71

• Welcome back.

Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to "Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Merry Christmas!

• laki71
    edited December 2011

Dear Christian,

Your solution works!!! TV Player works normally! I have another 13 days to see if it will block .exe files or not.

I have a question about setting update-a:

I am by your advice configured their like this:

Podesavanja_update_a.jpg

In the short period of time I got a requests for update:

BD_Update.jpg

and

Product_update.jpg

Will I always need to manually confirm which update I want to do?

We all know that this is quite tired. Can update done quietly with such a setup?

and:

Am I protected enough if I do not use "Product update" options?

Thank you for your response and Marry Christmas!

laki71

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hi :)

You will have to update only the signatures for a period.

I need to escalate this issue and it will be fixed soon by our developers.

In order to do that, we need some log from your machine.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

After you will send me those logs, I will post here a permanent workaround and the product will stop to prompt you for updates hourly.

Thank you. Merry Christmas!

• I sent you two messages ...

• Welcome back.

In the current situation, there is a way to silently update only the definitions. This is just a temporary workaround and as soon as the update will be released, all the information will be posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Now, please restart your machine in Safe Mode.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE"

You will have to modify a XML file to turn off product updates. This will not be overwritten during the update process.

[how to disable Bitdefender product updates]:

1. Locate the file:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\update_components.xml

2. Open the file with Notepad and modify the following line:

<Product enabled="1" name="00010004000500010001000600050001" type="0" id="-1">

Basically you will modify the "1" into "0" (only the first "1" from the line).

3. Save the file (overwrite the original XML file);

4. Restart the PC in normal mode.

As soon as we release the update, you will have to undo all these steps in order for the software to receive again product updates.

Now, you can set the updates to Silent and you won't receive a pop-up to update Bitdefender each hour.

Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to Silent update.

Now that I have the logs, I can escalate the current situation to our developers.

Thank you for your time. Merry Christmas!

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update solution.

However, it still remains a problem with the blocking of programs that are legal, so for example:

MOM_blocked.jpg

MOM.exe is normally a part of a program called the ATI Catalyst Control Center. This program comes as part of the video card driver package you get with ATI Radeon video cards or in updates. MOM.exe takes the place of CLI.exe processes in older versions of the ATI drivers, so the program might appear after an update of your ATI drivers or the installation of a new video card and drivers. The program is generally harmless.

Mom.exe is an essential element of the ATI Catalyst Control Center's monitoring software. It should not be deleted. It comes with Catalyst Control Center Installation 7.2 and is an essential process, controlling the ATI video card's graphics functions. Removing it will interfere with the proper functioning of your video drivers.

So I wonder why it is blocked?

With Microsoft Office is clear that the legal and received directly from Microsoft:

Block_Office14_2.jpg

So I wonder why it is blocked to?

As you can see in these examples, the problem of blocking legitimate programs remains. What is the solution for this?

Thank you for your understanding,

laki71

• Hello

Could you please put Intrusion Detection System on Permissive and reboot your machine?

post-9374-1324929270_thumb.png

Let me know if you still encounter those warnings. Thank you.

• laki71
    edited December 2011

Dear Christian,

Unfortunately I must inform you that the renamed file returned again.

BDTL.jpg

He returned yesterday also, but I thought that I was make mistake with update.

Today I wiped it again and I watched to do the update properly (Signature only). But as you can see in the picture he is back again...

How can I avoid to return each day? I can not delete it every time I want to watch a TV ...

I had to rename it in the form "bdtl.dl_.dl_" because otherwise TV player would not work.

Help please.

• Hello

Could you please put Intrusion Detection System on Permissive and reboot your machine?

post-9374-1324929270_thumb.png

Let me know if you still encounter those warnings. Thank you.

I set as you suggested to me but it does not work:

SMath_blokiran.jpg

http://en.smath.info/forum/ This is a program for writing mathematical formulas...

• On my third computer has installed Windows 7 Professional. All of the above I applied and on the third operating system and the situation is as follows:

1) TV player works fine (for now)

2) Update works fine (for now)

3) Block of the program is still present.

Net_TV_plejer_blokiran.png

Office_blokiran.jpg

Word_blokiran.png

After i click "Allow" all programs work. The problem is the first start of the program.

I will continue with the tests. If there are is any change you'll get.

I only have 9 more days to solve the problem. After that time I have to buy your license or license of another anti-virus system.

Please hurry up with the solution.

Thank you!

• Welcome back

Please disable Intrusion Detection System, reboot your machine and run a full system scan from the main interface.

Let me know if the product finds some malware in your machine.

Thank you. Happy New Year!

• On Windows 7 Ultimate:

Firewall_iskljucen_na_W7_U.jpg

Full_System_scan_na_W7_U.jpg

Full_System_scan_rezultat_na_W7_U.jpg

On Windows 7 Professional:

Podesavanja_za_Firewall.png

Full_System_scan_rezultat.png

Full_System_scan_rezultat_2.png

I think a couple of cookies can not make such problems. On XP I have not checked because it is the system of the past and will be deleted soon.

Happy New Year!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome back

That's great.

Now, could you please recreate new logs from both machines using Support Tool?

I think you have some upd file (update files that are not installed properly).

Don't forget to mention which one is from the firs system and which one is from that 7 Professional operating system.

Thank you very much for your time.

• Hi Christian,

I sent you two messages with logs.

• I think you have some upd file (update files that are not installed properly).

I think that this is not a problem. Many times I erased and re-installed Total Security 2012 and has always been the same. How is it possible to be 2-3 times bad installed? And that the three systems: Win 7 Ultimate, Win 7 Pro and XP Home?

Every time I alternately installed Total Security 2011 and it worked perfectly. Why? Why is 2011 worked and 2012 will not? Because of the bad update? Several times?

• laki71
    edited January 2012

This is happening on Win 7 Pro. Events do not show any problem!?

WTF.png

Amazing sh*t with BD TS 2012 are happening. Simply amazing ...

• I bought a new graphics card. But according to BitDefender would not be able to install it?

CCC.png

drajveer3.png

drajver.png

drajver2.png

Technical support!?

So what are you doing people? Doing you anything!!??

No news from you!? Why do not you answer?

Check out my license when:

istek_licence.png

If you can not find a solution, why not say that I do not lose more time with BitDefender?

I'm sorry that after 4 years I wrote this but perhaps the time has come to separate.

I am sorry that BitDefender is not good enough.

You managed to ruin something that was working perfectly ...

You may want to leave this topic for people to see what it is about ...

Although I know that you will delete, unfortunately!

• Can you upload one of your infected file to (link) to see if Bitdefender is the problem.

I don't know if the link will be deleted. Its the virustotal website. It will scan your file with 43 antivirus.

http://www.virustotal.com/

• laki71
    edited January 2012

You did not read well! They are not contagious files, they ar a legal programs: Microsoft Office, ATI graphics card driver for the HD 6850th .. Are these viruses? Read the topic a little better!

• Oh ok, ignore my last comment. I don't know how to fix that.

If you can't wait for a solution you could disabled BitDefender during the installation of your program.

• Today is the last day. And tomorrow ... adios
  • rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I think I have found the issue. Do you have Paranoid Mode turned on?

If Yes, the Intrusion Detection System module was designed to block all software requests when this feature in turned on.

Let me know if my conclusion is right in your case.

Take care.