Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Causes Problem With File Synchronisation.

Options

I tried to send this to BD earlier via their support pages but it would not allow me to do so as I am only running a 180 day trial version which does not have a registration number. Shame as I quite liked it but as I could not get it working and there was no facility that I could see I won't be using it in future.

Quote:-

Thought you might like to know why I have uninstalled the trial version.I installed Bitdefender trial as part of a new install. I liked the program and its simplicity but it had a bug which caused me a big problem. It took me 3 days of install and uninstall before I narrowed it down to Bitdefender. I have used a program called Directory Toolkit (Funduc Software)for several years to synchronise my Desktop. Laptop and NAS Box My Documents and Current Software folders (I keep a copy of most of my install files on Hard drive for convenience. If I try to sync Desktop to Laptop it does so but it changes the "Modified Date" of exe and sys files to the time at which they were synchronised which is later than the original Modified time. Thus it then shows that the Laptop files are now later than the Desktop and they require syncing back to the Desktop. Then process then repeats itself ad-infinitum. This does not occur on most other file types. I have checked this by doing a new clean install of Windows 7 and then installing Directory Toolkit. It works correctly. I then install Bitdefender and the problem starts. If I uninstall Bitdefender everything is fine again.

A nice program but not usable for me.

Alan

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please tell which version of Bitdefender do you have installed?

Also, please send me via PM your email address and the download link for your current version of the product.

DO NOT POST THEM ON THE FORUMS!

Thank you.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

I have received you PM.

That license key is valid, everything is OK.

The only way to troubleshoot the current situation is to reinstall Bitdefender(you have all the steps here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44 ) and to send me a log by following the steps described here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927 )

Thank you very much for your time. Merry Christmas!

• alanrwood
    Options

Will do when finished current install. Maybe tomorrow or the next day

Thanks

Alan

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Alan

We are looking forward to hearing from you these days.

Take care.

• alanrwood
    Options
    Welcome back Alan

We are looking forward to hearing from you these days.

Take care.

Hi Christian

Bad news I'm afraid. I finally finished installing everything and took a Disk Image. I installed BD as before but this time after the install the machine hung during boot just after the Welcome Screen

Eventually I had to go into safe mode and deactivate BD services to get it to boot up.

Did a BD repair install and the same thing happened. I deactivated all start up programs in safe mode and tried again. Still boot hang.

Restored Disk Image again and tried again with same effect.

I don't have the time to continue with BD as I have now spent many hours on this, so unfortunately I am calling it a day and installing Eset.

Thanks for your kind offer of help. I may try it again when I have more time and on another machine.

Regards Alan

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Alan :)

Thank you for your feedback.

When you want to try the product again, please send me some logs as described here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Take care.