Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus Scan Hangs On Nonexistent "z" Drive (repeat Problem)

Options
pjw
pjw
edited January 2012 in General

This seems to be a repeat of exactly the same problem you folks had to fix back in May, detailed in /index.php?/topic/26358-resolvedbitfedender-total-security-scans-nonexistant-z-drive/" rel="">this thread.

When I try to do a scan, the scan hangs forever on a "z" drive, which doesn't exist on my computer.

bd1.jpg

Interestingly, today is the first time I've had this problem. Maybe something to do with the new year roll-over breaking whatever fix was made last time? Edit: I also ran a manual update right before the scan, so it could be some change with that update.

Bitdefender Local Info:

bd2.jpg

In any case, I'm hoping you folks can come up with a fix for this problem--one that will hopefully last longer than 7 months this time. :)

Comments

• pjw
    Options

Apologies--I intended to post this in the "Antivirus" sub-forum. Feel free to move it if desired?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you. Take care.

• pjw
    Options

A link to the requested log file has been sent via PM.

Thank you Christian!

• pjw
    Options

*poke*

anything? :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

I am waiting for the guys from our testing team to complete the investigation.

In May it was an issue with a definition and it was solved from the engine.

I will post here fresh news when I receive them.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team. Take care.

• pjw
    Options

Thanks for the information Christian; I appreciate it!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I have received you PM. We haven't finish the testing part. It will take a while.

I will get back to you with an answer soon.

Have a great day.

• pjw
    pjw
    edited January 2012
    Options

Heh.

I had actually sent the PM before you posted your response yesterday--I thought you had responded to it already. :)

No rush, as long as I know the testing team is working on it.

Thanks Christian!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hello :)

We need some new data from you.

First off all, rerun that scan to replicate the scenario.

When the scan is freezing on that "Z" drive, we need some dumps from our software(a vsserv.dmp and an odscanui.dmp).

In order to do that, please follow the steps from below(remember to do this when the scan freezes on that "Z" drive).

1. Start Command Prompt as administrator:

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Win-7&faq=23

2. In Command Prompt type these commands separately

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\vsserv.exe /fulldmp:vsserv.exe

(wait for the process to finish)

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\vsserv.exe /fulldmp:odscanui.exe

(wait for the process to finish)

Now go to

C:\ProgramData\Dumps
    and pack all the files in an archive. Send me the archive via PM(attached or upload it on www.mediafire.com and send me the download link).

Thank you.

• pjw
    Options

Um...this time, when I tried running a full system scan like I normally do, Bitdefender found no "z" drive, and the scan finished successfully.

headpop.gif

I have been keeping Bitdefender up to date, so I'm currently running:

Virus signatures: 7900673

Engine version: 7.40657

There have also been windows updates since I last had the z drive problem, so...yeah. Your guess is as good as mine. Ninja bugs.

Unless there's some way for me to sync to a specific engine version and set of virus defs, I guess the only option is to just let you know if it happens again. Please pass my condolences along to the testing team.

If it happens again, would you prefer I PM you directly, post again in this thread, or start a new thread?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

I will leave this topic opened for a while, just in case :)

If our product still finds a ghost drive "z" on your machine, please let me know and send me those dumps.

Take care.