Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2012 Autoupdate Fails All The Time ==> Please Help!

Options
giovanni69
edited December 2011 in Update

Hello!!

Despite having a regular BitDefender account, since 4 days ago every time I try to update Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, using my slow home web connection, I'm getting an update error message stating, I quote, "to benefit from signature updates after 30 days since the installation, you must configure a bitdefender account!".

I have a genuine license of BIS 2012 which will be valid for almost one year starting from now.

I had also emailed your Customer Care support team yesterday, but I still did not get any reply from them so far.

My Open ID Ticket is as follows: 201112161032405

For some reasons, I'm not able to upload the BDSP file, I had created yesterday, on MEDIAFIRE right now.

So, in order to solve this annoying and unexplainable issue once and for all as soon as possible, I would really appreciate if we could keep in touch via email so as to send you the above mentioned file as email attachment.

Look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Comments

• *** UPDATE: It looks like the UPDATE service is working fine now. I've just started the Update manually and BIS 2012 has begun downloading a file signature of 20 MB. I'll let you know if everything went fine in about one hour time (unfortunately I'm on a dial up connection where I am now).

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

If you need assistance, I am here for you.

Have a great weekend.

• Hi,

Yesterday I installed a trial of the bdts 2012 and trired to update it, but it fails every time.

Can anyone tell me why's that?

Skopsko

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Could you please provide the error message or a screenshot?

Thank you.

• Dear Christian....

i have Total Security 2012 with TS 2010 license....

failed to update just now...

an error occurred during the update (-100). if problem persist bla bla bla....

need ur help bro... :wacko:

• additional data :

* using Windows 7 64bit

* have no another security solution, BDF TS 2012 only

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    Options
    additional data :

* using Windows 7 64bit

* have no another security solution, BDF TS 2012 only

764 sp1?

• Hi,

If you have a slow Internet connection (such as dial-up), errors may occur during

the update process.

To keep your system up to date with the latest Bitdefender malware signatures,

follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

3. Click Update on the left-side menu and then the Update tab.

4. Under Update processing rules, select Prompt before downloading.

5. Click the Home button on the upper toolbar.

6. Go to the Update panel and click Update now.

7. Select only Signatures updates and then click Ok.

8. Bitdefender will download and install only the malware signature updates.

• I have the same issues with my Antivirus Plus 2012 installation on a second PC.

The update fails stating that i need to register my bitdefender installation in order to use update for more than 30 days (or something like that, I have the german version of the program installed). When I then register that installation using the "complete registration" link on the bottom of the bitdefender main window and log in to my bitdefender account, that link changes to "My Bitdefender" but the update still fails with the same error. And when I close the window and open it again (either via the systray or the desktop icon) it states again that the installation is not registered (having that "complete registration" link on the bottom again).

I'm using win 7 x64 (with sp1) and already tried opening bitdefender as administrator, but that didn't solve the issue. I posted a thread in the german section of this forum (over here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31555 ) but the only answer there until now was another user who has the same problem. I also opened a ticket recently but did not yet received an answer mail nor a ticket-id.

• UPDATE !!!!! i have solved the problem...... slow connection is the problem...

when i change my connection with other service provider, the problem was solved...

Thanx for any respons....

CASE CLOSED....!!!! :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Herry

Thank you for your feedback.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Take care.