Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Fw Causes Wmc Stutter

Options

Hi there

Been trying to work out what is going on with my Media Centre for a while now as for some reason I am able to stream content using Media Player but not media centre.

It is being caused by BD Firewall

When playing back content using Media Centre it stutters and is unwatchable - disabled FW and streams perfectly.

I have tried adding the shell extension for Media Centre as an exception but no change.

Can you tell me what the fix is please and will it react any differently if I also install BD on the HTPC?

Thanks

Comments

• ...just to clarify here as Im not sure I actually made it that clear.

I have 4 machines - all Windows 7.

The primary machine (Server) has BD Total Security 2012 installed.

When streaming to any other PC using Windows Media Centre playback stalls and stutters unless the Firewall on the main PC is disabled.

However when using Windows Media Player there is no such problem.

I have tried to add exception but to no avail.....

• ...just to clarify here as Im not sure I actually made it that clear.

I have 4 machines - all Windows 7.

The primary machine (Server) has BD Total Security 2012 installed.

When streaming to any other PC using Windows Media Centre playback stalls and stutters unless the Firewall on the main PC is disabled.

However when using Windows Media Player there is no such problem.

I have tried to add exception but to no avail.....

I wouldn't recommend Bitdefender! Your time is valuable, uninstall that thing and get a diff vendor. It's a problematic software. It's almost Feb and they're still trying to work there bugs out. This sould be a beta.They're just using us as labs. Definetely not AWAKE!

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.