Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Asks Often Same Question

Options

Hello,

In previous version, we had a checkbox to retain our choice when a software wanted to connect to Internet and the pop-up bitdefender firewall appears to ask to do.

When we checked "retain" and disabled, bitdefender didn't ask again at every run of this software, only when the version of the executable changed.

In Bitdefender 2012, we don't have anymore this check box ! Just allow or block.

When we block, a rule is created.

When we allow, a rule is too created, but often, bitdefender asks again at every run of the software the same question. To click allow, generate again the SAME rule.

So I have several same rules for the allowed executables.

I have noticed this is due to the "paranoiac mode" to "on"

But if we changed to off, I lost the hand on the firewall who tends to allow every executable ..

How find again the same mode of Bitdefender 2011 ? When we block a executable and bitdefender retains this rule ?

Thanks in advance ...

Fab

Comments

• Hello,

In previous version, we had a checkbox to retain our choice when a software wanted to connect to Internet and the pop-up bitdefender firewall appears to ask to do.

When we checked "retain" and disabled, bitdefender didn't ask again at every run of this software, only when the version of the executable changed.

In Bitdefender 2012, we don't have anymore this check box ! Just allow or block.

When we block, a rule is created.

When we allow, a rule is too created, but often, bitdefender asks again at every run of the software the same question. To click allow, generate again the SAME rule.

So I have several same rules for the allowed executables.

I have noticed this is due to the "paranoiac mode" to "on"

But if we changed to off, I lost the hand on the firewall who tends to allow every executable ..

How find again the same mode of Bitdefender 2011 ? When we block a executable and bitdefender retains this rule ?

Thanks in advance ...

Fab

true. is this fault repaired? where the firewall asks for the same rule again and again even with 'paranoid mode' on? I'm (not) going to renew the license based on this major fault u know, if its fixed along with a plethora of other firewall issues please let me know.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please tell me if this situation is reproducing with the latest build:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry125523

Thank you.

• I know how to fix THIS!! :) ( or at least in my case)

The problem is that in the Application rule list Protocol ANY is the fault.

If you create a rule just for TCP and allow it and then 2th rule for UDP and allow it, it starts to work correctly without asking again the same question.

Its also not duplicating the rule anymore billion times :)

In my case i had the problem with ie9 so i also made 2 more rules for ie, IP version IPv4=allow and IPv6 allow.

ALL fine now.

None of the updates did work from bt. I have been told to reinstall, did it many time... no luck... only this helped me.

• Thanks! I disabled IPV6 and followed your guide. Seemed to work out pretty well.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Have a nice day.