Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocked Web Pages

Options

Hi guys i am having a little problem with Bitdefender total security 2012. this program is running on a windows 7 64 bit computer with service pack 1 installed.

Just a few days ago i set up another user account and when i try to go to several websites bitdefender block access to some sites. it say please ask the administrator for permission to access the site.

It lets me access thiese sites on the mail user account but not on a user account that has limited permissions, so how do i tell bitdefender it is ok to allow access.

Regards

Comments

• jacobrey
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'm having this same issue when logged in as a guest on Windows 7. I set up a guest account for a family member so this is the first time I have ever encountered anything like this. Is there a setting fix to allow all windows users full browsing access?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Try closing out the browser, and right click on the Bitdefender desktop shortcut, and Run As Admin. leave the B.D. console open (maybe it allows all processes, and could be closed?), and see if those links that wouldn't open, will open.

• I was also facing the same problem in windows 7 but now its solved.Its really a helpful reply columbo.

• Edward49
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi guys i have found a solution for this problem, what i did was.

Go to the main administrator accound on my computer and open bitdefender window, then go to the parental tab and i saw the second user was visible in the accounts tab and it was set as a (Teenager). then all i did was set this as an a.dult and now it all works ok.

Hope this might help

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thanks Neil :) It sounds like samdog21 came up with a excellent solution :) thanks for letting us know. :)

• Ha! Nice! Should there be an adminstrator mode for BF on a standard user account on the PC?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

I don't know if that solution, #3, is a quick and complete way to run and totally load Bitdefender in Admin mode, or if their should be an option in Bitdefender's console to do that.

• After using the helpful information above to turn off the Bitdefender parental controls for non-administrator user accounts on my Win 7 Enterprise 64 bit operating system, I thought it might be helpful to provide a slightly more detailed summary of the problem and process by which the problem can be solved.

First, it appears that by default Bitdefender (Total Security 2012) identifies every Win 7 non-Administrator user account (e.g., 'Standard' user accounts) as a teenager (ages 14-17) and automatically turns on Bitdefender parental controls for those user accounts (note: this even though the Win 7 user account parental controls are not turned on and are not changed by Bitdefender in the Win 7 user account settings). Thus, if Bitdefender blocks a webpage for a non-administrator user and tells the user that "This page is blocked by the administrator", you (as Win 7 and Bitdefender administrator) cannot unblock it by going to the Win 7 control panel -> user accounts and changing any settings in the affected non-administrator user account (unless you want to make a non-admin. account an administrator account), because these settings have not been changed by Bitdefender. If you want to leave the affected Win 7 user accounts as non-administrator (without parental controls) but put an end to the web blocking by Bitdefender, it seems that the only way you (the Win 7 and Bitdefender administrator) can do it is by opening the Bitdefender control panel and turning off the parental controls that Bitdefender, by default, has imposed on all of the non-administrator user accounts listed in Bitdefender.

To turn off the parental controls in the Bitdefender control panel:

1. Open the Bitdefender control panel as the Administrator.

2. Click 'Settings' (on the top).

3. Click 'Parental Control' (on the left).

4. Click 'Accounts' (on the top).

5. Click the 'Parental Control is On/Off' button to 'Off' for each non-administrator account that you want to unblock.

Perhaps Bitdefender mentions somewhere in their instructions that (apparently) by default they configure non-Administrator user account settings in Bitdefender with the 'Parental Control' ON (and thus block web sites that they regard as inappropriate for teens), but I couldn't find it. For my version of Bitdefender on my Win 7 OS, these steps solved the web site blocking problem.

• columbo
    Options

Nice job rflo, you did some nice research, with a thoughtful descriptive post, thank you. :)

• Nice job rflo, you did some nice research, with a thoughtful descriptive post, thank you. :)

Thanks, columbo. You and others who are willing and able to help do a great (underappreciated) service to those of us who are more often befuddled than we would like to admit.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

In Bitdefender 2012 products, you can easily identify with module is blocking the page by the message displayed in the browser.

If the message is the one below, the page was blocked by the cloud antivirus engine:

STOP! Bitdefender blocked this web page.

The page you are trying to access contains malware.

If not, the page is blocked by the Parental Control.

Thank you.