Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Billing

Options

Hey I'm just wondering whether yearly payment for BitDefender can be set up to occur automatically (and easily be upgraded from the previous years product).

Currently all our virus protection does everything automatically including payment and I want to change virus protection but my dad doesn't have the time to renew subscription every year.

Basically what I'm asking is can we buy BitDefender and pretty much forget about it forvever (that sounds bad but I mean it in a good way)...

Unless we get a virus of course haha.

Also will BitDefender slow down my PC? F-Secure seems to work fine on it at the moment.

Finally one of the PCs is Windows XP rather than 7 which I'm guessing isn't an issue but just checking.

Comments

• Also will BitDefender slow down my PC? F-Secure seems to work fine on it at the moment.

-Technically, yes when scanning. But in the human eye, you won't notice it.

Finally one of the PCs is Windows XP rather than 7 which I'm guessing isn't an issue but just checking.

-Yes, it will be compatible, for now. You might need to upgrade it in the future. Sooner or later, new softwares won't be compatible with it anymore.

Hope this helps.

• columbo
    Options

You can check the minimum system requirements from the System Requirements tab on the version description for your XP PC.

If you purchase from the online store, it will give you the option of the Auto Renewal.

Just curious as to why the switch, as I have F-Secure 2012 Internet Security on my business PC. Do I want to steer you away from Bitdefender, no, yet this 2012 version still has some minor bugs that are being worked out, and the F-Secure has been very stable. They (Bitdefender) did come out with a fairly good sized update in the last couple of days to address some of the known issues, so allot of them are resolved, a couple minor ones left. Those minor issues do not impact the security of B.D.

If you wanted to peruse performance test information, you could check out AV-Comparatives.org Performance test results, which also has some good info in getting the best performance from your PC/AV software.

• Blaez
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you purchase from the online store, it will give you the option of the Auto Renewal.

Just curious as to why the switch, as I have F-Secure 2012 Internet Security on my business PC. Do I want to steer you away from Bitdefender, no, yet this 2012 version still has some minor bugs that are being worked out, and the F-Secure has been very stable. They (Bitdefender) did come out with a fairly good sized update in the last couple of days to address some of the known issues, so allot of them are resolved, a couple minor ones left. Those minor issues do not impact the security of B.D.

In all honesty I would probably stay with F-Secure if I could but as far as I can tell they don't offer MORE than 3 PCs protection.

We have 4 PCs that need protection and obviously 3 isn't enough.

Unless F-Secure do offer security for more than 3 PCs and I have just overlooked this?

We receive F-Secure through our ISP at the moment and they simply charge $4 a month per PC so obviously the 3 PC limit didn't apply there.

I am LOOKING (might not happen yet) at changing ISP and therefore won't have this added virus protection option with the new ISP.

Therefore I want to have a new virus protection lined up as well just incase.

I am glad to hear there is an "Auto Renewel" option too, thanks for that :)

As a final note I saw that BitDefender was rated as the number one Virus Protection (http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/) so I assumed it would be just as good if not better than F-Secure.

• columbo
    Options

Michael, I sent you a PM on follow up thoughts I have as far as my ISP also providing F-Secure. I just don't want this thread becoming about comparing AV software companies, but in trying to keep it about Bitdefender related issues. :) Any further questions about B.D. we can follow up here. :)

• columbo
    Options

Your right, as I did not see an option other than the 3 PC install with 1 license from F-Secure. Compared with Bitdefender's options:

bdinstalls.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

First off all, we do not discuss here about other security products and antivirus tests.

Regarding the questions from the first post:

1. We provide auto renewal for our product. Also, the upgrade to a newer version is free for all Bitdefender customers.

2. With Bitdefender 2012, you can install it and forget it about it. The Auto Pilot will take care of everything.

The above mentioned antivirus product is using Bitdefender engines :)

Thank you.