Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Game Force Closes

Options

Hi,

I tried to search through threads looking for a possible answer to my problem but I couldn't find any. So I created a new topic. I play Flyff Online and after installing Bitdefender Total Security 2012, the game force closes. The patch runs but doesn't show the download speed so I don't think it's actually patching.

I am using Windows 7 x64. And I already tried the following:

- adding the launcher, updater and all other .exe into application rules

- disabling IDS, AVC, on-access scanning

- disabling the auto scan and firewall on the main menu

- updating bitdefender

- uninstalling and re-installing the game

I also checked to see if the game could be the problem. I copied the game folder to my external hd, and run it through my friend's laptop. It worked fine on hers. I was able to login and play the game without problems.

I already have a ticket (Ticket ID:201201271009452), and I already sent the information requested but I haven't gotten any response. Not even an acknowledgement email to say that someone is working on it.

And like the others, I am quite disappointed. I would hate to uninstall this just to play a game. But the reality is, its way easier to switch antivirus than to switch a game.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Khione :)

I know you probably already tried this, but what happens when you turn on Game Mode? and did you include the Flyff in Exclusions/Exclude processes?

• Hello,

Yes, I do run it in game mode. And yes, the folder is added in antivirus exclusions. And all the .exe is added in the exclusion processes. It still won't patch...

• columbo
    Options

Hi Khione,

It sounds like you need elevated help, more that I can do for you, be patient here and we'll hope that the ticket info you provided here will help to get a resolution. If you want to try phone support, right click you Notification Area Icon, and click on About, and you will have the support phone number.

• Okay, I think I'll do that when I get back. Thank you so much!

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have send you an email with a possible solution for that issue. Let me know if everything is OK now.

Thank you.

• Hi Khione. Were the steps able to fix the issue for you?

• mewyuziel
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thanks for all the replies. No it didn't really fix the problem. They gave me another way to "try" and solve it, but it was too inconvenient for me to modify system files and all that other stuff.

So instead I simply uninstalled Bitdefender and installed another antivirus, the game works fine now. They also gave me a refund for the product. It was too bad, I like the Bitdefender interface. Hope someday they would figure out what exactly is causing the problem, maybe then I'd try Bitdefender again.

• A firewall does only one thing, which is to block an untrusted port. You can research what TCP/UDP ort is used in that game and try to added it in BD trust list.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello,

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the BitDefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safe Mode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!