Uninstalled Bd - Still Get Xp Security Balloon

I uninstalled a trial version of BitDefender Internet Security v10 and it errored out during the uninstall. Because there was no uninstaller left and no record in Add/Remove Programs, I have been trying to get it completely uninstalled manually. I have installed Avast Anti-virus, but every time I start up Windows XP, I get a security balloon popping up in the system tray area stating that "BitDefender Internet Security v10 is turned off" and to click the balloon to fix the problem. Obviously since I have a valid Anti-virus program installed, there shouldn't be a security risk.

I really want to get rid of this balloon and any traces of BitDefender from my system, please help.

I have attached a screen shot of my desktop with the error balloon.

post-5710-1192778027_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Use Uninstall tool from BD site to remove BD from your pc.

Look here for uninstall tool: http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-to...itDefender.html

• Hello Splice

If the uninstaller fails you can try this:

Go to start,run,type services.msc press enter. Now leftclick on the WMI service and press on stop.

Now type by run %systemroot% open the system 32 subfolder,wbem and delete only repository folder

When you have done that restart the WMI service by leftclicking on it and press start. Reboot your pc.

Best regards

Niels

• Catal1n und Niels,

Thank you for your help, the problem seems to be resolved. Perhaps when money is not so tight I will try BitDefender once again.

Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit! :wub:

Splice

• Hello Splice

Glad that we could help you. Sometimes the problem is caused by the security center.

Best regards

Niels