When Will The Next Build Be Released?

the current build 1437 is very good, but still have some issues.

as the christmas is coming, i am wondering when will the next build be released?

Comments

• Hello parker

An update is scheduled by the end of the month. It will be announced here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Thank you.

• It is a major problem for me that the latest build number is not available on the BD site. How can anyone check if their version is up to date?

I appreciate this may vary from continent to continent but surely for major markets is must be possible to have

UK latest build: 15.0.35.1486

displayed so that users can reassure themselves that they are fully up-to-date. Every other package I use has this information.

• It is a major problem for me that the latest build number is not available on the BD site. How can anyone check if their version is up to date?

I appreciate this may vary from continent to continent but surely for major markets is must be possible to have

UK latest build: 15.0.35.1486

displayed so that users can reassure themselves that they are fully up-to-date. Every other package I use has this information.

In the taskbar, on the Bitdefender icon, just right click > about. The build, engine, and virus signature numbers will be displayed there. Hope that helps.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

There is now need to put the current build on the website because the product can be updated to the latest build via Automatic Updates without user interventions.

Thank you.

• stagedoor
    edited January 2012

@golfe - thanks but it is the latest build number on the BD website that is missing not being able to find the current one on the users machine.

@Christian - I don't find that acceptable. In a package as problematical as BDTS2012 I have little confidence that the system has automatically updated and require a verifiable check. There have been numerous bugs in the update workings (and currently the "last scan" information is not working). How can I simply trust that this product is working. I am very unhappy with it as you can probably discern. I feel there IS a need to display the latest build on the BD website.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome back.

All the updates were posted in this topic:

In that topic you have all the details(bug fixes and new features). That topic has always been up to date. When an update is announced internally, I will post all the details in that topic when it is released in the market.

Regarding "last scan" issue, I can tell you for sure that is just a display issue. It has nothig to do with the protection or the scan task. It's just an XML file that could not be updated in some circumstances and the product is displaying some out of date information in the main interface.

This issue is scheduled for fixing in .36 build that should be released around January 25.

Thank you.

• Welcome back.

All the updates were posted in this topic:

In that topic you have all the details(bug fixes and new features). That topic has always been up to date. When an update is announced internally, I will post all the details in that topic when it is released in the market.

Regarding "last scan" issue, I can tell you for sure that is just a display issue. It has nothig to do with the protection or the scan task. It's just an XML file that could not be updated in some circumstances and the product is displaying some out of date information in the main interface.

This issue is scheduled for fixing in .36 build that should be released around January 25.

Thank you.

Today it is January 30. And there is still no update.

And it seems that there is no one from the BitDefender-Support anymore....

Yours

Olli

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

The update is scheduled for tomorrow in the evening. It was released in UK and RO markets and it will be released on US too.

Thank you for your patience.

• Will it be released for the german users too?

Yours olli

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

Hello Olli :)

The update for DE and FR markets is scheduled around February 3rd, 8 PM GMT(ETA).

Thank you.

• Hi.Is German Update released today?Or is is it later?Thanks

• Hello :)

The update for DE market was postponed for next week.

I will update this topic when it's released.

Thank you.

• I would like to see more attention to the Russian users of your vendor.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

Hi Rampant :)

Could you explain me in a few words the situation?

If you don't want to post here, you can send me a PM.

Thank you.