Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Add Feature: Anti-rootkit

Options

Hi Bitdefender.

Anti-rootkit is very important feature ( I think).

Please add it !!!

Thanks. :)

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi exodius, and welcome :)

Bitdefender has us covered on that front when we do a Full Scan, so no worries there. :)

BDRootkits.jpg

If you wanted to run a a scan solely for rootkits, you could create a Custom Scan and run that as often as you liked. It is created by opening the main console ->Click the Scan Now from the Antivirus Panel -> Custom Scan -> Add Target -> Scan Options (in your case rootkits, as shown below). Run that scan and it will be saved as a Created Custom scan, which you could add to your favorites.

Scanforrootkits.jpg

BDCustomScans.jpg

Hope this helped. :)

• coolcool1227
    Options

If you are talking about separate task for Rootkit Scan only, read point 13 in post.

• Hi Bitdefender.

Anti-rootkit is very important feature ( I think).

Please add it !!!

Thanks. :)

Bitdefender already has an anti-rootkit feature that is bult-in in to the product. If you are talking about AVG's anti-rootkit separate module, here it's built in in to the full system scan or in a custom scan.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

I should have renamed it in my above image post to look better, but you can now just click 3 times, and have it set the way you want, including shutting down the PC after the scan.

BDRootkitscan.jpg

Considering that some Avs, as was mentioned above that have a separate module, or 1 click option to run a rootkit scan maybe handy, yet this was pretty easy, and very configurable.

I would be concerned with Bitdefender trying to add to many more things in the future 2013 version, as they still need to tweak some of the now known issues, and that it could (if not close now) become so big on the PC and system, to become "bloatware", as one AVs had the reputation of in the mid to late 2000s (~2005-2009)

• Rampant
    Options
    Bitdefender already has an anti-rootkit feature that is bult-in in to the product. If you are talking about AVG's anti-rootkit separate module, here it's built in in to the full system scan or in a custom scan.

AVG scans in Anti-Rootkit - now part of a whole computer scan, correction is made ​​in SP1

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

You can scan only for rootkits by creating a custom scan like columbo mentioned earlier.

Also, it a lot more easier to scan the PC in Rescue Mode:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31833

Thank you.

• JAGUARS
    Options

QuickHeal has tool for Rootkit scan included in the product.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Bitdefender has anti-rootkit and anti-botkit protection.

Also, here on the forums we do not talk about other security products.

I declare this topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.