Bitdefender Preventing Java To Run ?

Hi there !

I Had a tool (Yamj, kind of tool allowing to create movie jukeboxes on a network media player, from the computer), which was running fine before installation of Bitdefender.

After installation, I was getting the following error message preventing to have yamj working fine :

java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -classpath .;resources;lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox %

C:\YAMJ>Moviejukebox "C:\YAMJ\My_Library.xml" -O \\DISKSTATION\Films\

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

... see the error I was always getting :

Uninstalling Bitdefender security suite 2012, and it is working fine again.

I now would need support identifying what is causing the conflict ?

Many Thanks !

Comments

• Up - can someone please help me with this ?

Many Thanks !

• I'm having this problem too. I posted on forum but still have no fix yet ...

• Is there some kind of product support available here ?

I'l still for the mement with the trial version (I had Mcafee in the past, and now wanted to test Bitdefender and buy it ...)

But I would not go for this product if there is no support available on it.

P.S. : I have tried the 'game' mode, but it doesn't solve the issue.

Many Thanks !

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Hello,

Have you tried to add the exe file of the software in question (Yamj) to exclusions in AVC ? Please try by following the steps below and let me know if the issue is resolved:

Open BitDefender, go to "Settings" -> "Antivirus" tab -> "Exclusions" and click on "Excluded processes". Click on the "Add" button to add the EXE file in question so it won't be scanned/blocked by AVC. Restart the PC again to see if the issue still occur.

NOTE: if the extension name is written in CAPS please write it in lower cases (exe).

Svbk: I've replied to your topic.

Regards,

• It is solved with the proposed solution, but I need to understqnd why.

My executab le is TOMY.exe, but it is launching C:\WINDOWS\System32\java.exe

I have so tried to exclude TOMY and java.exe in all combinations :

TOMY only : failed

TOMY and java : working

java only : working

... it means what is causing problem is C:\WINDOWS\System32\java.exe... which is one of the most important program on my computer, and probably also one of the most used in the world ?

So I do not understand why Bitdefender requires C:\WINDOWS\System32\java.exe to be excluded ?!?

• So I do not understand why Bitdefender requires C:\WINDOWS\System32\java.exe to be excluded ?!?

Because the third party software is using a Java platform to connect and send data. This process is deemed as potential harmful and blocked by BitDefender.

TOMY only : failed

- because the TOMY exe file is using the Java.exe application; in other words, the same as above.

• Because the third party software is using a Java platform to connect and send data. This process is deemed as potential harmful and blocked by BitDefender.

- because the TOMY exe file is using the Java.exe application; in other words, the same as above.

Thank you Daniel, I understand it is not "TOMY.exe", but "java.exe" whch is causing problem here.

What I'm worried about is that such important executable (Java.exe) is blocked by default by Bitdefender.

It is so widely used application, but also "known" that I'm surprised this is blocked by Bitdefender.

... May be jusy lie Bitdefender was by default blocking important windows processes executables so that our PC could not start anymore ??

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

I believe that the Java application is not always blocked, only in some particular cases when suspicious traffic is being done through this exe file (i.e. a program running that is using java to upload certain info on the internet). I will further investigate and come back with an answer shortly.

Regards,

• Thank you, Daniel !!

• Unknown
    edited September 2011

Please check your PM Inbox and send me the requested info. I would like to investigate deeper on this issue as I was not able to reproduce it. I would need a download link for the TOMY program and the exact version causing the compatibility issue with BitDefender 2012.

Regards,

• argh Daniel,

Dear All,

Last time putting TOMY.exe as exclusion in the antivirus solved the issue. I have completely reinstalled my computer wit a new version of TOMY, and was blocked again with the following error message :

java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -classpath .;resources;lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox %

C:\YAMJ>Moviejukebox "C:\YAMJ\My_Library.xml" -O \\DISKSTATION\Films\

I have re-configured bitdefender to exclude tomy.exe, but .... it is not working anymore ?!?

Any idea - something I need to check ?

Many Thanks !

• Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• fa355115
    edited February 2012

Thank you, Christian, I sent you an IM

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

Hi Cristian,

Were you able to find what the issue was ?

Many Thanks !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

Hello :)

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the BitDefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello :)

In order to further investigate this issue, we will first need to set the BitDefender Update on Prompt so the changes will not be reverted upon auto updating. Please follow the steps below:

1. Set the BitDefender Updates on prompt;

2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

4. Browse to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

5. Locate the file "avc3.sys"and rename it into "avc3.sy_";

6. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

7. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the "Signatures update" option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode;

8. Check if the issue still occurs.

NOTE:

If you are not seeing the file extensions please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types".

[how to set BitDefender updates on prompt]

- open BitDefender GUI;

- click on 'Settings';

- go to 'Update';

- select 'Prompt before downloading';

- click on 'Home';

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter';

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

Please let us know if the above steps resolved the issue or it still persists.

Looking forward to your answer!

Many thanks for your support, Christian.

Bitdefender update has been set in prompt, file has been renamed in safe mode, and the computer restarted.

When should I expect Bitdefender to ask me for an update now ? Is that on specific days in the week, or should I wait a few days ?

Can you please also tell me more about this process and what that sys file is ?

Many Thanks !!

• Many thanks for your support, Christian.

Bitdefender update has been set in prompt, file has been renamed in safe mode, and the computer restarted.

When should I expect Bitdefender to ask me for an update now ? Is that on specific days in the week, or should I wait a few days ?

Can you please also tell me more about this process and what that sys file is ?

Many Thanks !!

ok - bitdefender proposed some updates.

I have updated the signature only, and my tool is working fine now.

But now the tool is asking for product update, too ...

What should I do now ?

May I put it back to original state ?

May I update the product, too ?

And can you please let me know more about what you proposed me to do ?

P.S. : acv3.sys is still named acv3.sy_

• Hello :)

For now, please leave that file renamed. We are working on a solution to solve this issue.

Remember to update only the signatures.

Thank you.

• ok, many thanks for this.

the file is not renames, yet "still avc3.sy_"

Thank you for confirming I can continue updating the signatures ... I am waiting for updates from you.

Many Thanks for your support !

When the update will be released, I will post here the changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry134226

The update will be automatic with no further actions required from you.

Thank you.

When the update will be released, I will post here the changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry134226

The update will be automatic with no further actions required from you.

Thank you.

Christian,

I will have a look, but is there a way I can be informed when such post is updates ? I cant' reply to it and therefore not be informed my mail notification.

Also :

1. I guess I have to keep my actual setting in "prompt before downloading" as well as only update signatures until new version is released ?

Many Thanks,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please follow these steps and let me know if everything is OK now.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137453

Take care.

• Hi Christian,

Besides the H.264 issue which is not solved; I have also un-installed and re-installed the English version of Bitdefender and I am now with 15.0.37.1560.

But TOMY is still not working; I am still getting this error message :

... and even if I add the "TOMY.exe" as process exclusion as "allowé, it is also not working (This was working at the very beginning ...)

Please advise further.

• ok - issue is still there, but it was specified above that it was working by putting tomy.exe as exclusion - allow in bitdefender.

It was then specified that it was even not working with this exclusion later on.

In fact, the exclusion which needs to be defined is java.exe; and not tomy.exe.

So for the moment, I have provided the yamj / Tomy package to bitdefender tier 2 support so that they can investigate what is incompatible with bitdefender, and as workaround waiting for reply from support, I aml putting java.exe as exclusion to have it work.

Waiting to read from you soon ...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Could you please provide me the ticket ID so I can check the status?

Thank you.

• Christian,

There was no ticket ID for this. I took the opportunity to be in contact with the support via teamviewer for the H.264 issue to also discuss the TOM / java issue. I have provided the support guy/girl the links to the TOMY / YAMJ packages, and they said they would follow through this thread.

Should I open tickert for this, too ?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

There no need to be a ticket for this, yet.

Provide me with any ticket ID and I can search the email address in the system. In this way, I will let you know the status regarding this issue.

I think my colleague sent you an email regarding the remote assistance session. The ticket ID in in the subject.

Take care.

• Here you are ...

[Ticket#: 201202275000751]

Pay attention, as I said, this ticket was for the H.264 issue which is now resolved, and this is during teamviewer session of this ticket which I privided the support team the issue description and packages concerning the issue mentioned in this thread with Yamj / TOMY / java error message.

Many Thanks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

I was able to search for you ticket ID in the system. I saw that the remote assistance was made with the help of our French team.

During the remove session, my colleague add this file to exclusions:

C:\Windows\system32\java.exe

Is this file still there?

If not, please follow the steps from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

and add the file in that list.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.