Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 10 - Display Problems

Options

has anyone else experianced these problems...

every so often bitdefender menus will not display any text and popup windows are blank - NO TEXT!!!

and if this is happening when a popup asks to confirm something i cannot as there is no BUTTONS displayed to click on...

i have to turn off bitdefender and restart it to get the menus to display correctly again...

this problem starts to happen after about 30 minutes of bitdefender be run...

i have updated to the latest gfx drivers and i still get the same problems...

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi kevmac,

Check out these topics:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=269

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=432

If your problem is the same as the one described in those topics, then the only solution for now is to wait for BD v11 to be released. Also, you can:

- go to BD Internet Security (as far as I know, it doesn't have this issue)

- go back to BD 9 (doesn't have the issue)

Cris.

• Silentin
    edited August 2007
    Options

I have this same problem and no it's not the problem described in those other two topics. Half the time it's fine and half the time it's not. Sometimes when I right click the bitdefender tray icon all the options show up as black and don't fix untill I move the mouse over them otherwise I can't even read what it says. Same thing when bitdefender pops up asking about a firewall rule ect I can't read it at all I was barely able to tell that it's even the bitdefender firewall poping up and I have to click on it and hit y for yes or just hit enter cause I can't find the yes button.

• This is the same GUI problem as discussed here and in the topics Cris mentioned. I really don't know when the fix will be released, IF it will be released any due to BD 11 launching which will take place in a couple of month.

Andrei

• Silentin
    edited August 2007
    Options
    This is the same GUI problem as discussed here and in the topics Cris mentioned. I really don't know when the fix will be released, IF it will be released any due to BD 11 launching which will take place in a couple of month.

Andrei

Oh sorry is it the same problem? I scanned through the posts and noticed them talking about a crash. Maybe I missed something though. Everything still works fine though it just makes it hard to tell what's popping up. Sometimes if I drag the window all over the place off the screen and back on real fast it fixes but that probly only works half the time. sigh. I tried the beta of the new BT client and these problems weren't there but a new problem where bitdefender dissapears completely kept happening which is even worse :(

• jfh
    Options

We have several customers who experience such problems. Too make life easier for them I created the following ******. I can't attach it so copy the following text into Notepad and save it on your Windows Desktop as BFfix.vbs. Then when BD starts misbehaving just double click on the BDfix icon on your Desktop to 'tame' it :rolleyes:

' BitDefender AV Pro v10 appears to get "confused" at times usually

' following an update. Killing of the inter-module communications

' process bdmcon.exe and then restarting it appears to cure the

' the issue; This is what this scrip does!

'

' Copyright Atec Solutions Ltd 2007

'

'

'

'KILL PROCCESS

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _

("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name = 'bdmcon.exe'")

For Each objProcess in colProcessList

objProcess.Terminate()

Next

'

'WAIT

Wscript.Sleep 3000

'

'

'RESTART BDMCON

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run """%PROGRAMFILES%\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe"""

• Thanks for that jfh!, I think Bitdefender are in a state of denial about the problem. I have discussed the problem twice now with them, the first time they asked me to screenshot the problem and email it too them, this was met with no response, the second time I talked with them they got me to download the program from the site, use their uninstaller, then reinstall from the version I downloaded from their site... but of course the problem remains. The other solution they offered was upgrade at a 25% reduction to Internet Security which was the program I liked on trial and I had no reason to think that the BD Antivirus Plus v10 Build 247 was any different from BD Internet Security, bit naive of me i suppose. I cant afford to buy the program twice even at a 25% reduction... I’m stuck with buggy program installations and the inconveinience of a firewall i am unable to control without stopping and starting it all the time. It’s really very annoying when installing a program to find that you can’t allow it to alter a registry setting as you can’t decipher the bitdefender display.

It’s not what you expect from a reputable software manufacturer

Thanks again for the work around

We have several customers who experience such problems. Too make life easier for them I created the following ******. I can't attach it so copy the following text into Notepad and save it on your Windows Desktop as BFfix.vbs. Then when BD starts misbehaving just double click on the BDfix icon on your Desktop to 'tame' it :rolleyes:

' BitDefender AV Pro v10 appears to get "confused" at times usually

' following an update. Killing of the inter-module communications

' process bdmcon.exe and then restarting it appears to cure the

' the issue; This is what this scrip does!

'

' Copyright Atec Solutions Ltd 2007

'

'

'

'KILL PROCCESS

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _

("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name = 'bdmcon.exe'")

For Each objProcess in colProcessList

objProcess.Terminate()

Next

'

'WAIT

Wscript.Sleep 3000

'

'

'RESTART BDMCON

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run """%PROGRAMFILES%\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe"""

• Niels
    Options

Hello Mandraek

The problem is fixed in the new 2008 product line. They didn't released a fix because the new version was going to be released. Also because existing customer could upgrade for free if their license is still valid. You should always run this uninstaller to remove also the registry entries.

Best regards

Niels

• Crem
    edited October 2007
    Options

Hi Niels ! But I think there are still many users (have me) like more Bit v10 than v11 (Bit 2008). Bit v10 have simple GUI to use, navigate to features easier.

• For that I am very grateful, I have taken advantage of the free upgrade that they failed to tell me about during the frustrating conversations about the problem, they only offered a 25% discount as I related earlier.

I am now a now more than satified as the upgrade included moving from the virus package to the internet security package which is a generous resolution to the problem and restores my faith in BitDefender

Many thanks

Hello Mandraek

The problem is fixed in the new 2008 product line. They didn't released a fix because the new version was going to be released. Also because existing customer could upgrade for free if their license is still valid. You should always run this uninstaller to remove also the registry entries.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels
    Options

Hello Mandraek

Sorry for the misunderstanding the free upgrade is only when your previous license key is still valid. Otherwise it's the discount.

Best regards

Niels