[approved, In Bitdefender 2013] Bdts 2012 Hasn't Scan Activity Bar?

I don't see and turn it earlier scan activity bar!

Why?

I have win7 and bdts 2012!

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Ikovacs

The activity bar was removed from Bitdefender starting with the 2012 version.

You can watch the firewall activity by clicking Network details under the firewall module in the main window.

Thank you.

• Hi Ikovacs

You can watch the firewall activity by clicking Network details under the firewall module in the main window.

Thank you.

This is very unfortunate.. :( i loved the bar and it helped me a lot especially when some program is using up my internet connection, or when my pc is slow, i could take a look and determine if some files are being scanned. a simple glance at the activity bar was very informative and really helpful. Hopefully you take this as a feedback and provide that as an option in the least. usually disabled by default and anyone who needs can then enable it for him / her. and the Auto Pilot mode should disable it by default. In the current configuration of the activity bar absent i will have to go in to Bitdefender everytime i wish to see my network / on-access scanner activity!

• Hello,

My first post. At beggining sorry for my english, but this is my second language, everydays I'm using polish.

Hi Ikovacs

Thank you.

That's the one of few cons that force me to remove new BD IS 2012 and back to 2011 version.

The new GUI looks little bit like for "dummies", not Pro view is in my opinion big mistake (for ex. I can't choose what happening with file if BD suspect virus - remove, repair, quarantaine)

I'm using XP, and this indicator/bar gives me all information, like: why my computer slow down, is some big files/updetes/etc. are downloading from network, or BD is scaning real-time something local.

I'm using BD from '08 and 2009 ver. was the best one, also accepted 2011 version, but from ver. 2010 starts looks like not pro, and 2012 is GUI bdisaster :P

• Hi Ikovacs

Thank you.

Hello, I have heard that ,because of many users request, Activity is going to be added to BitDefender soon.Isn't that true?

• Hello

This subject will be disused by the Dev Team these days.

For now, I don't know for sure if will be approved.

• lost sailor
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ikovacs

Thank you.

I really have no idea why such simple and helpful function should be removed! i installed 2012 and removed RIGHT after i noticed that activity bar not available.

we are home users, its such great help to notice the internet activity by looking on the bar to know if there are programs doing unwanted updates that slows the connection, its just one look instead of going to network details and SEARCH for something unwanted.

i will never replace 2011 product with 2012 as long as there is no activity bar.

• Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Some features from the activity bar are available through the system tray icon. If there is an issue that needs user attention, the icon will be yellow, red or black, in some cases.

I will submit your feedback to our Project Manager.

Happy Holidays!

• Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Some features from the activity bar are available through the system tray icon. If there is an issue that needs user attention, the icon will be yellow, red or black, in some cases.

I will submit your feedback to our Project Manager.

Happy Holidays!

Thank you Christian.

but what you mentioned about the tray icon colors is not even close to what we asking for.

we are used "as bitdefender users" to the scan activity bar in both "file and internet" activity.. how?

when we have silent installation of many programs, we know its done installing by looking at the activity bar, and when we have troubles with internet connection we know if the problem because of unwanted updates or its just internet provider trouble by simply looking at the activity bar. we do not have to open BitDefender interface and check the activity there and try to find if there are programs transfering up or down.

its great function in 2011 products, i really do not know why its too hard to include it in 2012 as long as its optional to active it or not.

please submit the feedback to the project manager.

thanks in advanced.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I already submitted this to our Project Manager.

Changes like this can't be made over the night so I am asking you to have patience.

I will get back to you when I have a final answer.

Thank you for understanding.

Take care.

• Is there any update on this?

The Scan Activity Bar is one of the major reasons why I use Bit Defender.. I purchased the 2012, installed it about 5 minutes ago and realized the bar is gone. This is a disappointment.

Please bring it back.

Thanks!

• Should BitDefender decide to bring the activity bar back, would it be possible to make it compatible with the Windows sidebar. It would be so awesome if you could attach it as a gadget.

Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

That's a great idea. We will see if this will be implemented.

Take care.

• Vamp

Posted Jan 15 2012, 12:56 AM

Should BitDefender decide to bring the activity bar back, would it be possible to make it compatible with the Windows sidebar. It would be so awesome if you could attach it as a gadget.

Thanks

Hello

That's a great idea. We will see if this will be implemented.

Take care.

can't agree more, great idea. hope we hear soon from Project Manager, really soon :rolleyes: want to upgrade to 2012 but never before having the activity bar :wub:

• I too liked the activity bar, it one of the features that I really liked about Bitdefender. If it was more like Zone Alarm's Notification Area icon, I would really like that, as it's always visible, never covered up by a web page, and never included in a web page, or a large image capture.

zonealarm.jpg

• Hello :)

I already submitted this to our Project Manager.

Changes like this can't be made over the night so I am asking you to have patience.

I will get back to you when I have a final answer.

Take care.

Any Update on this?

I don't have fresh news for now. I will try to get some information next week.

Thank you.

• Absolutely needs to have this feature brought back! I agree that it is a useful tool that gets used often! I was SO disappointed that it was removed in 2012. Had I known that I likely would have bought a competitor's product.

As I previously mentioned, a feature request is posted for this.

• Thanks for submitting that for us. :)

• Hi :)

That's why I am here. I will reviewing all your demands. Some will be declined from the start and a reason will be posted. Some will be reviewed together with my colleagues from my department and other departments and some will be directly sent to our Project Manager.

Thank you.

• hope at least we will have a final answer on this in 2012!!! :huh:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

You will receive and answer, is not that easy to reintroduce this functionality since the product was designed without it.

I will get back to you when all data will be made public.

Take care.

You will receive and answer, is not that easy to reintroduce this functionality since the product was designed without it.

I will get back to you when all data will be made public.

Take care.

Hi Christian.. it has been 2 months since your last update... any new update on this?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Actually I have a big update.

screen5_big.png

In Bitdefender 2013 you will have a Windows Gadget.

All the details are posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=291

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.