[resolved] Bitdefender Preventing H.264 To Run In Ie9 (surveillance Station - Synology Nas)

Hi there !

I have another issue here with Bitdefender preventing H.264 videos to be played in Internet Explorer 9.

Here is the situation.

I have at Home a Synology NAS server which has a web application called "Surveillance station". Surveillance station is connecting and recording events from an IP camera I have at home.

For events recorded in MJPEG, or MJPEG live view in Surveillance station, the videos are correctly displayed.

For events recorded in H.264, or H.264 live view in Surveillance station, the videos are not displayed (black screen in surveillance station, instead of playing the video).

I have un-installed Bitdefender, and that is working again.

I have re-installed Bitdefender, and that is not working anymore ... so issue is really co,ing from Bitdefender blocking the "flow".

Can you please investigate the issue; let me know if you need further details, etc ... ?

Many Thanks !

Comments

• I think the issue here is NAS. I would check the TCP port being used on that and make sure that the BD firewall is set to allow traffic on it.

Good luck.

• I think the issue here is NAS. I would check the TCP port being used on that and make sure that the BD firewall is set to allow traffic on it.

Good luck.

Well, I do not agree with you.

Everything is working fine without bitdefender.

Once bitdefender is there, it is not working anymore. So Issue is with bitdefender, and not with the synology application.

Now, I know H.264 requires port RTSP 554 to be open, and Bitdefender is effectively blocking this port (still need a confirmation) but :

1. Bitdefender is not giving any notification that anything is being blocked when I access the application

2. How can I check in Bitdefender the ports which are open / closed ? Under firewall, I can only set general things like activity on process nales, etc ...

How can I check what is blocked here ?

Many Thanks !

• Doing a up on this subject, thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.37.1560(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

• Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.37.1560(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

Christian,

I will do the product update, but before, I'd like to get a confirmation.

I am currently with 15.0.36.1530.

For an issue investigation you helped with in this forum (Butdefender preventing JAVA to run - TOMY issue) , you asked me to wait for next product update as well as to only update signatures, put updates in prompt mode, and rename acv3.sys into acv3.sy_; dor some reason now I see it is back to acv3.sys (?)

For this particular issue with H.264 videos, I had open a case Jules helped me with, and I am currently waiting for his mail reply, but last step he asked was to rename the bdtl.dll into bdtl.old

... so my computer is currently in this situation now.

Should I put everything back to normal now, and update the product as well as signature ??

• P.S. : I have re-started my computer 2 or 3 times, he did install the latest signatures, but not the product update.

I am still at 15.0.36.1530 ...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Did you actually checked the product update when you are prompted by Bitdefender update module?

I know that you have the update configured in this way because I've told you to do that as a workaround for the issue related to Java.

Thank you.

Did you actually checked the product update when you are prompted by Bitdefender update module?

I know that you have the update configured in this way because I've told you to do that as a workaround for the issue related to Java.

Thank you.

well, in "prompt" mode, signatures are available, but not product update (option is grayed out)

In automatix mode, it looks like only signatures are installed.

Are you sure the product update is made availablefor download ?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

In the current case, let try this:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2012 -> Repair or Remove. Select the first one.

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

After you press Update now from the main interface and make sure you have .37 build installed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=32143

- Test to see if the issue still replicates with H.264 videos.

Take care.

• fa355115
    edited March 2012

I confirm the update is NOT working.

I have repaired, rebooted, and updated; but I am still at :

Are you sure the version is ready for delivery / download ?

P.S. : Oh but I see now "Languages: US, DE".

Mine is in French ...

Many Thanks !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

The update was released only for EN and DE. It will be soon for other languages.

Could you please temporary install the English version to confirm if everything is OK?

You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Thank you very much for understanding.

The update was released only for EN and DE. It will be soon for other languages.

Could you please temporary install the English version to confirm if everything is OK?

You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Thank you very much for understanding.

Hi Vhristian,

I have installed english version 15.0.37.1560, but H.264 video is still not played.

I will update the other ports concerning "TOM" (Java not running)

Please advise further.

Many thanks for your support.

• fa355115
    edited March 2012

Hi Christian, I have some more additional news for you.

I did some more testing, and here are the results.

Synology Surveillance station can play videos based on 3 principles :

Event manager : this is a list of videos (H.264 or MJPEG) recorded in the past, listed as files we can click on to play the video. Here the MJPEG can be played, but the H.264 videos are still giving a black screen (Bitdefender blocking it)

Timeline : this is presenting a kind of calendar with timeline, and you can click on it to play de video. Here it is the same : the MJPEG can be played, but the H.264 videos are still giving a black screen - Bitdefender blocking it (I think this is just because it just calls the videos stored in event manager, but just with another method).

LiveView : this is showing a live view, and here something has been solved, it seems ... You can set a paramater to Video codec "MJPEG" or "H.264", as well as a "Live View Source" to "from camera" or "From Surveillance station".

- In live view, I still have a black screen (no video played) when “live view source “ is set to “from Surveillance Station”, and Video codec set to H.264 (it is working when Video codec is set to MJPEG)

- In live view, the video is correctly played when “live view source “ is set to “from camera” ”, and Video codec set to H.264 (it is also working when Video codec is set to MJPEG)

So in other words, I think the only thing the new build did is to allow t play H.264 video in LiveViw when source is set to "from camera", but all other cases are still not working.

1. I am still in contact with Synology support and asked them what was the difference between source "from calera" and "from surveillance station", but in the mean time, can you please let ne know what was changed in the last build concerning this issue ?

Many Thanks !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Hi :)

The changes in the latest build are listed here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137052

This is the official changelog. The unofficial chnagelog shows the major improvements that were made regarding the TrafficLight module.

Let me know when you receive the answer from Synology support.

Until then, I am still running some tests.

Take care.

• Hi :)

The changes in the latest build are listed here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137052

This is the official changelog. The unofficial chnagelog shows the major improvements that were made regarding the TrafficLight module.

Let me know when you receive the answer from Synology support.

Until then, I am still running some tests.

Take care.

Christian,

Today, I was in contact with your "tier 2" I think support.

We established a teamviewer session just after I had completely re-installed the 15.0.37.1560 english version and ... everything is working fine now !!

In other words, I do not know how issue get solved ...

As far I see in the log of this post, I installed the english version of 15.0.37.1560 at 6/03 ... and it was not working, then reinstalled the version today, and it is working.

So only thing I could see is a change in the same build between tuesday and today ??

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please read this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=137992

Have a great weekend.

• yep - I know about this post.

What I al saying is that previous ly it didn't seem to work with english version of 15.0.37.1560, and it is working with the one I installed yesterday ...

So I do not understand what you mean by the fact that I need to read this post (which is another issue I raised concerning TOMY and java)

Anyway, this seems to be solved now.

Many Thanks !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Thank you for your patience with Bitdefender Team :)

Since this was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.