Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is There Any Way To Kill The Processes?

I'm a gamer and I'm trying to play one of my games. Well, the game updated yesterday and It won't load when bit defender is active. Is there any way to completely kill the processes? I don't really care how dangerous it is.... I just need a solution.

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with the following information:

- what Operating System are you using

- what BitDefender are you using

- what module you wish to disable

- what game are you playing

- what processes you wish to terminate

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• nikryj
    edited May 2010
    Hello,

Please provide me with the following information:

- what Operating System are you using

- what BitDefender are you using

- what module you wish to disable

- what game are you playing

- what processes you wish to terminate

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

I'm using windows xp media center edition. Bit defender Total Security 2010. I have already disabled modules. It is the bd processes that flag it. I'm trying to play a game called crossfire. I'm trying to terminate bdagent.exe seccenter.exe and vsserv.exe but I always get access is denied. Those are the only processes I can't close.

• apparently i cant edit posts. Anyways, Bit Defender isn't conflicting with the game itself, It is conflicting with the anti cheat system, xtrap. It keeps saying xtrap is unable to load due to an outside process. The only process open is bitdefender. A lot of other people with bitdefender are having the same problem, they just havent posted on here.

• Hi Nikryi,

Please follow the steps below and add the 'xtrap' anticheat software executable (EXE) file as an exception into Active Virus Control module and the issue should be resolved.

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse for the executable (exe) file and add it as an exception.

10. Just to stay on the safe side you can also add the EXE file of the game in question as an exception.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

• no luck :/ bitdefender isnt detecting anything wrong with it either. An error box from xtrap is saying it is unable to operate correctly :/ Back to my original question, is there any way to kill the processes? i know how to start them back up, just can't shut them down.

• You can't kill the processes as they are protected by BitDefender SelfProtect system. Instructions on how to stop the processes and its services were sent to the address associated with your forum account.

If you have any further queries you can either reply to the original email you received from me or post on the forum.

Best regards,

• Hi DanyDan,

Can you please send me the above mentioned instructions on how to stop the processes?

Warm Regards,

Mughalspy

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

Why do you need to kill the processes?

You can simply turn off the Real Time protection.

Have a great weekend!