[escalated] Bitdef Messes Up Web Sites In Opera 11.51

Here's a picture of the problem:

(Redlined the faults, dont mind the blur :) )

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3580/bitn.jpg

It also happens that it moves the images and banners around on pages.

Will this be fixed or is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• Hi and welcome to our forums

He know about this issue and our Developers are working to fix it.

Until the update is released, please use another browser(Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc).

Thank you.

• Great, thank you!

• Hi :)

Thank you too for your feedback and your understanding.

The update will be announced here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Take care.

• Same problem here:

Thread in Opera forum

I already have a TicketID (201112101015742), but no positive answer until now from BitDefender team, only promises...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Hi Dorin :)

I already answered to this on the Romanian area. You don't need to post this on 4 different topics.

Thank you.

• Hi and welcome to our forums

He know about this issue and our Developers are working to fix it.

Until the update is released, please use another browser(Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc).

Thank you.

Hey Christian

are you guys sleeping or are you still working on the Opera Issue? In November 2011 you said you know about the issue but nothing has fixed yet 3 month later. Opera still crashes after a few minutes and when clicking on a link eg. in an email this message comes up "Another user is using Opera..." (see attached file). This problem only appeared since version 2012 and was not present in the 2011 version.

Just want to know if Bitdefender is really working on this issue or if you just saying you would.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Hello

Welcome to the forums.

We are not sleeping, we are always

:)

We are doing our best to solve this really fast, our developers are working. I can tell you that this is not that easy to fix, Opera has a special way to display pages.

This issue is present only on Bitdefender 2012 because 2011 didn't have TrafficLight embedded.

I will get back to you when I have mode data on this.

Take care.

• Hello

Welcome to the forums.

We are not sleeping, we are always

:)

We are doing our best to solve this really fast, our developers are working. I can tell you that this is not that easy to fix, Opera has a special way to display pages.

This issue is present only on Bitdefender 2012 because 2011 didn't have TrafficLight embedded.

I will get back to you when I have mode data on this.

Take care.

Hi Christian

Thanks for the cool video!!

I don't need a TrafficLight because I have no drivers licence. How can I pull the plug on the light which leaves Opera in the dark?

Juhurus

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

We are doing our best to fix this ASAP.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great weekend.

• yesname
    edited March 2012

We are doing our best to fix this ASAP.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great weekend.

Five months without result. I would be happy if five months would be your best, but this will be more. Much more.

• Five months without result. I would be happy if five months would be your best, but this will be more. Much more.

is there perhaps a newish beta version or even a beta 2013 yet which has the Opera issue fixed. What about working together with the Opera Team to fix things quicker?

• yesname
    edited March 2012

There is another serious bug. Opera forgets my logged status in some forums (eg. www.sg.hu).

Please add an option to disable this ###### http traffic scanner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dorin.alex
    edited March 2012

You are using Bitdefender? Really? You are sure? Or you post here without using it?

I'm asking that, because you can enable or disable anytime this option ("Scan HTTP traffic")... So, what's your problem?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Dorin :)

Actually that option is not recommended. By turning off the HTTP scanner, all browsers will be affected and the web traffic won't be scanned.

I will post here new details about Opera next week.

Take care.

• Looking forward to your Opera news next week. Please get BitDefender fixed so we all can use Opera again.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We are doing our best to fix this.

I will have mode data on this next week after our meeting.

Take care.

• yesname
    edited April 2012

Another update, same bugs for six months. Are you kidding?

(Large web pages do not load fully and losing logged in status of user some forums/pages in Opera, updateing does not work etc.)

Of course you did not and do not reply my refund requests almost 3 months. Just delete or close my tickets...

Great!

Oh, not to mention you have did not put any warning message on your home page yet like "It soes not support Oprea and We will never implement an option to disable http scanner when opera using. We are happily frustrating our users."

• You are using Bitdefender? Really? You are sure? Or you post here without using it?

I'm asking that, because you can enable or disable anytime this option ("Scan HTTP traffic")

• dorin.alex I think what yesname want is that Bitdefender turns off the HTTP scan automatically when using Opera and only then. At least this would allow all Opera users to keep using our favorite browser until they have sorted out the problem which might never happen, who knows. As Christian above said turning off the HTTP scan is not recommended anyway, so I'd much rather have it fixed then taking risks. Last week I was hopeful when Opera released the version 11.62 but the problem with Bitdefender persists.

• Christian since this is a known issue with Opera you should at least announce this on your website clearly so no other Opera user gets caught out buying a product which is not suitable for them.

• @juhurus: You are using Bitdefender? Really? You are sure? Or you post here without using it?

I'm asking that, because, in fact, there is no connection between enabling or disabling this option ("Scan HTTP traffic") and the fact that Opera freezes in few minutes when using it together with Bitdefender.

The problem is bad design of Bitdefender, poor resource management etc.

6.png

• @dorin.alex yes I do use Bitdefender(unfortunately I paid for it). If you'd read my posts above you'd know that.

I'm an Opera user as well and I have exactly the same problem as you have, I haven't tried disabling the http traffic scan as I don't think that it would make sense browsing the web without protection therefore I don't know if that would fix the opera crashing or freezing error.

We are all frustrated like you but unfortunately we are only a small group and nobody cares about Opera users at Bitdefender.

What frustrates me even more is all the empty promises from Christian "We are doing our best to fix this", "I will post here new details about Opera next week", " next week after our meeting", "Developers are working to fix it"...and nothing ever happens.

Christian just let us know if you guys really intending to get the Opera freezing problem solved or not. Don't let us hang around here waiting for ever. I'd much rather cut my losses now and move on to another virus scanner.

• @dorin.alex yes I do use Bitdefender(unfortunately I paid for it). If you'd read my posts above you'd know that.

I'm an Opera user as well and I have exactly the same problem as you have, I haven't tried disabling the http traffic scan as I don't think that it would make sense browsing the web without protection therefore I don't know if that would fix the opera crashing or freezing error.

We are all frustrated like you but unfortunately we are only a small group and nobody cares about Opera users at Bitdefender.

What frustrates me even more is all the empty promises from Christian "We are doing our best to fix this", "I will post here new details about Opera next week", " next week after our meeting", "Developers are working to fix it"...and nothing ever happens.

Christian just let us know if you guys really intending to get the Opera freezing problem solved or not. Don't let us hang around here waiting for ever. I'd much rather cut my losses now and move on to another virus scanner.

If i were you, i stay away as far as possible. Bt is nothing but problematic and headaches. Just wait and see you will believe me. I will be back and try in 1 million years.

• I haven't tried disabling the http traffic scan as I don't think that it would make sense browsing the web without protection

"disabling the http traffic scan" does not mean "browsing the web without protection"!

In fact, even without this option enabled, Bitdefender scans every file on your HDD (e.g. the files in browser cache) before opening/executing it.

This option adds extra protection, by scanning all content before reaching your HDD (for example, in case of streaming media, when the webplayer does not download the content in cache). But, you should consider that only in few cases active content can be executed without downloading it locally (for example, swf files).

• for everyone who has trouble with Bitdefender and Opera as well, try Opera Next (version 12). It is only an Alpha version but it is working together with Bitdefender so far.

• Great info, thank you for sharing!

I'm on Opera 12 alpha, 2 hours and no crashes until now!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Those are great news.

I will forward your feedback to our developers.

Thank you very much.

• I get no more "Opera stopped working" error, but sometimes Opera hangs, showing this message:

runtime_error.png

I'm not sure if related with BitDefender.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I will too run some test on machines that have Bitdefender installed and some that don't have it.

In order to replicate the conditions, could you please tell what operating system do you have? Is it up to date?

Take care.

• Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

Browser: Opera 12.00 alpha build 1360

On the Opera Forum it said that this is a known bug. (see last posts)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome back.

Thank you for the information. We will test to reproduce the issue and we will see how our product works with this Alpha version.

Have a great weekend!

• I get this error sometimes when I open a session previously saved, with lot of tabs. Then, Opera opens only the pages in the first tabs (but also incomplete). The rest of tabs remain blank indefinitely, even it shows some kb/sec in status bar. After that (when I see that I can't get all tabs opened), I press Tools -> Delete private data (as I do every time when I close Opera), and I try to close Opera. Now, I get the error mentioned above.

After few retries, (Open -> error -> Close), I can open all tabs successfully.

With few tabs opened (or single one), I don't get this error, and no freezes at all, until now.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Alex :)

I will create a ticket in the system and provide you a workaround that was suggested by our developers.

Please reply via email and tell me if everything is OK.

If this solves the issue, I will post the solution here.

Ticket: 201204221003523

Have a great weekend!

• With reference to the topic, I am still facing the issue.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I am waiting for Alex's feedback and I will post here the possible solution.

Take care.

• Please stop!

No need to work on this anymore!

Opera Presto was discontinued and switched to Opera Chromium/Blink (other rendering engine), which is compatible with BitDefender.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi dorin.alex,

You are replying to a 4-year old topic.

Please upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2016 and should you encounter further issues with then new program open a new topic here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=463

Thank you for your understanding. This topic will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.