Can't Manage My Personal Safebox

Venturer
edited November 2011 in Safebox

Hello Bitdefender support guys.

I'm happy with Bitdefender 2012 Total security but i have a small problem: yestarday for the first time i started using Safebox. The problem is that i put only 350mb of data in Safebox shared folder but now bitdefender tells me the online virtual cloud safebox is full!!!!

So i logged in "MyBitdefender" broswer page" then i clicked on Safebox but....NOTHING HAPPENS!!!

What should i do for manage and delete files on my personal online Safebox?

Thank you very much! :)

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hello

For security reasons, you can not manage the backup data from your account(modify/delete).

Send me a PM (Private Message) with the email you used to register BitDefender and your current license key and I will forward your request to delete those files.

Before this, make sure that you have the data saved locally.

Thank you.

• Hello

For security reasons, you can not manage the backup data from your account(modify/delete).

Send me a PM (Private Message) with the email you used to register BitDefender and your current license key and I will forward your request to delete those files.

Before this, make sure that you have the data saved locally.

Thank you.

PM sent!!

However you should implement a wizard for managing online space; otherwise Safebox is pretty useless.

• Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward your request to our Dev team.

Also, I've sent your request to the appropriate department.

Thank you.

• Venturer
    edited November 2011
    Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward your request to our Dev team.

Also, I've sent your request to the appropriate department.

Thank you.

I see you empty my Safebox Virtual disk and that is ok but......SOMETHING WRONG HERE: again i put only 350mb of data in Safebox shared folder and now i see Safebox is syncronizing more and more data. The disk is on the way to bel full again. But on the folder there is only 350mb.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hello

Bitdefender saves all the snapshots of those files.

For example if you put 350 MB of data in that folder, but you constantly modify a file, all the versions of that file will be saved online so you can restore the file to one of the previous states.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

• Hello

Bitdefender saves all the snapshots of those files.

For example if you put 350 MB of data in that folder, but you constantly modify a file, all the versions of that file will be saved online so you can restore the file to one of the previous states.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your support Cristi!

But i don't modify any file or don't add anything in the shared folder. I notice that if i leave "AUTOSYNC" Safebox option enable it syncronize every 15 minutes and it adds a copy of the files. So in my case every 15minutes it adds again 350mb of data. Now my safebox virtual folder is full at 80%. You can check it. Can you fix this bug?

• Hello

I've tested the Safebox and it's working as it should.

Could you please tell what files do you have in that folder? (I'm taling about those 350 MB of data).

Thank you.

• Hello

I've tested the Safebox and it's working as it should.

Could you please tell what files do you have in that folder? (I'm taling about those 350 MB of data).

Thank you.

I sent you a PM with the neame of the shared folders and files.

I i leave AUTOSYNC Safebox option ON it continues to syncronize more and more data until the disk is full. With autosync OFF it's working fine.

Hope you can help.

Thank you.

• Hi

Thank you for your PM.

Please tell me if one of those folders/files are shared in your home network. Do you have any other users that are using your machine?

Have a nice day.

• Hi

Thank you for your PM.

Please tell me if one of those folders/files are shared in your home network. Do you have any other users that are using your machine?

Have a nice day.

Hi

I'm the only and Administrator user in my machine. I don't think the files are shared in my home network; however in Safebox "virtual shared online" folder, near every file and folder there is a gray dot. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Have a nice day too and thank you! :)

• Hello

Something is modifying those files. Bitdefender doesn't create snapshots if the file has not been modified.

Please check it out and let me know.

Thank you.

• Hello

Something is modifying those files. Bitdefender doesn't create snapshots if the file has not been modified.

Please check it out and let me know.

Thank you.

Here we go again: Safebox is full again!

I did something wrong with autosync and now it appears a yellow Bitedefender B telling me safebox is almost full!

Can you empty my Safebox?

And can yoi tell me if Bitdefender with implement Safebox Management directly by user?

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Please log in with your Bitdefender Account here:

https://my.bitdefender.com/

After that, go to Services->Safebox

https://my.bitdefender.com/en_uk/my/#page=safebox.index

You should see there all the files and you can manage them online.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Please log in with your Bitdefender Account here:

https://my.bitdefender.com/

After that, go to Services->Safebox

https://my.bitdefender.com/en_uk/my/#page=safebox.index

You should see there all the files and you can manage them online.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

Hello Christian and thanks for your support.

I'm under Safebox menu on MYBitdefender homepage but....i can't manage anything. It tells me 117% of the total Safebox space is used.

Under the 2GB Safebox there are two buttons for upgrading space. Where can i manage my files exactly?

Sorry for the noob question! :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Please send me a PM with the email address used for the MyBitdefender Account.

Do not post it here.

Thank you.

Please send me a PM with the email address used for the MyBitdefender Account.

Do not post it here.

Thank you.

PM sent!

Hope you can solve the problem and i can finally manage safebox!

Bye

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I have forwarded your account to our Safebox Team and they will investigate the current situation and clean the content after that.

Have a great weekend.

I have forwarded your account to our Safebox Team and they will investigate the current situation and clean the content after that.

Have a great weekend.

Hello Christian.

I hope you had a great weekend too! :)

Today i tried to access my safebox through "MyBitdefender" account page. When i click on "Safebox" in the broswer it appears the"loading wheel" and it still in loading!

Something wrong i think.

• Venturer
    edited March 2012
    Hello Christian.

I hope you had a great weekend too! :)

Today i tried to access my safebox through "MyBitdefender" account page. When i click on "Safebox" in the broswer it appears the"loading wheel" and it still in loading!

Something wrong i think.

Any news?

Edit:

I tried now and i can access my personal Safebox page under MYBitdefender account. But it still says 117% of the total space is used and i can't manage/delete any file.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I will check the status and get back to you with an answer.

Take care.