Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Get Rid Of The Tab At The Top Of My Browser Window?

Running Total Security 2012. In firefox, BD places a small tab dropping down into the window. How do I get rid of this hanging tab?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome back.

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Have a great weekend!

• Thanks, Christian. That's the only way? We don't want to get rid of the protection - just that little tab.

If we have to disable the protection, we've wasted our money and will need another solution.

• Christian,

Another problem. Doing as you indicate disables the Auto Pilot and places a BD button on the tool bar. That will definitely not go over well.

• The lack of response is very telling.

It's too bad. We are a managed services provider for a number of small/medium sized businesses. In total our customers have close to 500 Bitdefender licenses - because we recommend and support Bitdefender.

But the antivirus software MUST be transparent - we're already getting complaints about the little tab, and putting an icon on the task bar is even worse.

So I guess we'll be looking at other solutions and recommending our customers request a refund from Bitdefender for the 2012 product. It's not working for us.

• Malacath
    edited April 2012

In the privacy control options there is an option to 'Show bitdefender toolbar'

Just disable this option and that little tab should disappear(you may need to restart browser or computer after doing this). It works for me anyway.

• Thanks, Malacath, that seems to have done the trick. I thought I had tried that combination before, but maybe I hadn't restarted the browser. Now my customers can be happy.

Why couldn't BD support answer such an easy question?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We do not recommend you to turn the modules off from our product.

The toolbar is always hidden by default and the little tab has only a few pixels.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

We do not recommend you to turn the modules off from our product.

The toolbar is always hidden by default and the little tab has only a few pixels.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Have a great weekend!

Christian, whether the little tab only has a few pixels or not is immaterial. What is material is our customers are bothered by it.

The bottom line is - our customers do not like it, and if there's no way to get rid of it, we look for products our customers do like. BD is not the only product available, and some others listen to their customers - not make excuses.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

All security products offer browser extensions/toolbars.

In most of the cases, these add-ons are used for website detections.

That little tab can be disable from the product, you can find the settings in the Antiphishing area.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

All security products offer browser extensions/toolbars.

In most of the cases, these add-ons are used for website detections.

That little tab can be disable from the product, you can find the settings in the Antiphishing area.

Have a great weekend!

Christian, you just don't understand. Whether "all security products offer browser extensions/toolbars" is completely immaterial. We aren't using "all security products". And the problem is not the extensions or toolbars - it is that little tab which hangs down. It is NOT AT ALL CLEAR how to disable that little tab.

Why should it take all this to get a good answer - and that was from another user? And why did it take almost 3 weeks from my last message to get an incomplete answer from BitDefender?

The bottom line is - we've already started migrating our clients away from BitDefender. Our customers deserve better support than this.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The toolbar can be disabled with one click from the Privacy Control area.

All the browsers need to be closed when you are doing this operation.

Take care.

post-9374-1336435130_thumb.png

• jds
    jds
    edited May 2012

The toolbar can be disabled with one click from the Privacy Control area.

All the browsers need to be closed when you are doing this operation.

Take care.

Yes, as another user had to tell me. But being able to disable it is not why we're migrating all of our clients away from BitDefender. The fact we had to learn from another user, then were told by you (a BitDefender representative) that it is not recommended is why we're doing it.

Our customers pay us to recommend the best products for them, and to support those products. One of the big things we, in turn, look for is good support for the products we recommend. There are other products which provide the same level of security without the runaround I got here.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great day!