Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Access Problems After Upgrading To Total Security 2012

Options

Today I upgraded from Internet Security 2012 to Total Security 2012; I did the upgrade by entering my new registration code in IS 2012 and then upgrading from within IS 2012. I then rebooted the machine to finish the installation. After the upgrade I was unable to access the Internet with any browser (Firefox, IE or Chrome). I found that if I disabled the firewall, I was able to get on. I did some experimenting after browsing this forum and found that I was able to get access if I went to Network Details and turned off Stealth Mode. I am not sure if this is a viable long-term fix so I wanted to ask the question here on how to set up the firewall properly to allow Internet access with my set-up, which I have described below.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and connect to the Internet through a router that is connected to a cable modem. The other settings I currently have under Network Details are Network Type: Home/Office and Generic: No. There are no Adapter Rules or Application Rules set up.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back!

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Home/Office;

* Stealth mode to Off;

* Generic to Yes;

and click Close.

Now please reboot the PC. :)

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

• Kobac
    Kobac ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Christian! The only change I had to make was to change the Generic to Yes. My Internet connection was working, but I changed it just to match your recommendation.

Welcome back!

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Home/Office;

* Stealth mode to Off;

* Generic to Yes;

and click Close.

Now please reboot the PC. :)

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.