Bis 2012 Ssl

Hi,

in this case I and several others I guess (couldn't find the term SSL in the topics) are being warned about unsecure or untrusted connections using FF (in the latest version and Waterfox). I fairly understand WHY it happens and that it is a false alarm, since the certificate is given out by BD and not what the website says it should.

Please help! :wub:

BTW: Why are all these problems still arising since 2012 is already out for couple of month? And I just cleanly installed OS and BDIS 2012? :blink:

Regards,

Dan

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Dan :)

Welcome to the forums!

Not all services support SSL scanning, that why in some cases, you need to uncheck that option. By default is turned off in the product.

We have some reports in the market and they should be fixed in the next product update. We are always improving the product each month.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.

• Hello Dan :)

Welcome to the forums!

Not all services support SSL scanning, that why in some cases, you need to uncheck that option. By default is turned off in the product.

We have some reports in the market and they should be fixed in the next product update. We are always improving the product each month.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I see that not all the websites support it. But as a measure for security and offered in your program I would assume that the feature is somehow "clever" enough to at least offer to connect without SSL when not supported by the page. Would be great. Also I think that there is technically no "secure" way to let the program decide which page support ssl and which does not. But as first and second try as ssl and afterwards offering non-ssl connection to the page....would .... ehm, awsome! ;)

Regards,

Dan

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Dan :)

SSL secured pages are safe by default.

If you will read this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure , you will understand the mechanism.

If some pages do not support this type of scanning, you should turn off Scan SSL and restart the browser.

I will post a feature request to turn off/on this feature from the integrated toolbar.

Take care.