Firewall Compatibilty

I have been battling a compatibility problem for six months and am at my wits end with BitDefender.

I have researched this problem online with Google and Bing and found a significant number of people experiencing the same problem.

There are incompatibility issues between BitDefender AV pro 2012 and the Comodo Firewall .... period. I am constantly having to go through a reboot in safe mode, a reinstall of BitDefender, complete loss of all desktop icons, machine lockups, and am exasperated beyond belief. It shouldn't be so difficult for BD to resolve the problem. Tech support isn't or doesn't listen. I am not interested in getting the whole BitDefender Internet security program; I like Comodo's firewall. Conversely, I like BF's AV engine; it's the best. I am no longer interested in providing documentation about my system to BD; the problem is NOT with my OS, it is with BitDefender.

Please pay attention, BD Tech support: FIX the dam* problem already, or you can kiss any renewal on my part goodbye. I am not alone. Your AV engine is great; your ability to fix compatibility issues .... not so great.

You have 71 days.

Thank you.

Comments

• I have been battling a compatibility problem for six months and am at my wits end with BitDefender.

I have researched this problem online with Google and Bing and found a significant number of people experiencing the same problem.

There are incompatibility issues between BitDefender AV pro 2012 and the Comodo Firewall .... period. I am constantly having to go through a reboot in safe mode, a reinstall of BitDefender, complete loss of all desktop icons, machine lockups, and am exasperated beyond belief. It shouldn't be so difficult for BD to resolve the problem. Tech support isn't or doesn't listen. I am not interested in getting the whole BitDefender Internet security program; I like Comodo's firewall. Conversely, I like BF's AV engine; it's the best. I am no longer interested in providing documentation about my system to BD; the problem is NOT with my OS, it is with BitDefender.

Please pay attention, BD Tech support: FIX the dam* problem already, or you can kiss any renewal on my part goodbye. I am not alone. Your AV engine is great; your ability to fix compatibility issues .... not so great.

You have 71 days.

Thank you.

I agree with you on this one "your ability to fix compatibility issues .... not so great"

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

This subject was discussed a few months ago, you have a possible solution posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=126072

Take care.

• Hello :)

This subject was discussed a few months ago, you have a possible solution posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=126072

Take care.

Christian: Thank you for your suggestion(s) relating to incompatibility issues between BitDefender AV pro 2012 and the Comodo Firewall. Your response provided at http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44 to install Comodo Firewall without Defense then add "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012Bitdefender" to Comodo's Execution Control exclusions list .. does not work. Further, and most importantly, by doing so, one would place your computer at risk.

Your explanation said that Comodo has some HIPS features like: Default Deny Protection™, Prevention-based security, Auto Sandbox Technology™, etc. and that Comodo's Execution Control is interfering with Bitdefender's Active Virus Control.

In Comodo's own words "Deactivate Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart)- Shuts down the Defense+ Host Intrusion element of Comodo Internet Security PERMANENTLY. The firewall and antivirus are not affected and continues to protect your computer even if you deactivate Defense+. Comodo does not recommend users close Defense+ unless they are sure they have alternative Intrusion Prevention Systems installed (Default = Disabled).

Any suggestions here??

post-95552-1336106234_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

You can follow those instructions of use another 3rd party firewall near Bitdefender Antivirus 2012.

The issue is not on our side.

Take care.