Wscfix.exe?

For a number of days now, my BitDefender icon has had a red-triangle-exclamation-point on it revealing that there is an issue affecting the security status.

When I double-click it and open up the suite, I am prompted to click on start to fix the problem, doing so results in a failed fix, and the problem persists.

I also have a red-x-flag icon for which microsoft windows 7 reveals that there are issues that are effecting the security of my computer. Double clicking the icon reveals that BitDefender Antispyware is turned off AND that BitDefender Antivirus reports that it is turned off.

Clicking the 'turn it on now' button brings up Action Center asking whether I want to run the program: C:\Prog...\wscfix.exe. When I click on the 'Yes...' button nothing happens. When I go into the program files and navigate to wscfix.exe and run it as administrator, also nothing happens. Any ideas?

I've sent to BitDefender IS tech the requisite screenshot of the error message and BDSP_USER-PC_2010_11_08_09_38.zip that I got from running the supportool.exe and am awaiting their response. I thought I'd try here as well to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Also, in the not-too-distant past, BitDefender support was so dismal that I had to uninstall their Internet Security even though I was only months into a 3-year subscription. They seem to have addressed that issue effectively, but you never know...

Comments

• When you submitted the SupportTool automatically, did you receive a trouble ticket number in response? If so, please post it here.

Regards,

• When you submitted the SupportTool automatically, did you receive a trouble ticket number in response? If so, please post it here.

Regards,

The ticket ID number is the following: Ticket ID:201011051007083

I've also had another issue pop up overnight. Windows 7 reports that BitDefender Antispyware is turned off, BitDefender Antivirus is off, and BitDefender Firewall is also turned off. Interestingly, BitDefender icon reveals that the computer is "PROTECTED. No issues are affecting the security status of this PC". When I open the BD IS 2011 suite, Antivirus reveals the Real-time protection is enabled (box is checked at top - this box was not checked yesterday). Antispam is enabled. And, Firewall is enabled. Is their a disconnect between BitDefender Internet Security 2011 and Windows 7 Home Premium?

Please find attached .jpg of the security alerts from Windows 7.

post-36169-1289310232_thumb.png

• I would suggest that you send a PM (Private Message) with your ticket number to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

This should help him find the dump files you have already submitted quicker, but in case it doesn't, I would recommend you not delete the dump files from your PC in case he asks you to send them to him directly.

Regards,

• Hi,

The ticket you provided me with (201011051007083) is a malware related issue. I do believe that because of this issue, BitDefender may not have been installed completely. I took the ownership of the ticket and sent you instructions via email on how to further investigate.

Please reply via email with the generated log files. If you can't attach it to the email please upload it HERE then send me a PM with the download link. Include the ticket ID in the subject line.

Thanks!

• I have a very similar problem and become more and more disilusioned with Bit Defender products which I will describe below. Firstly endless problems with BDEF 2010 and vsserve shutting down and having to restart the program every time. Then having rasied this, was advised by DanDan that I should load 2011 which I did and performed a basic default installation with password protection on any changes made to the setup.

However similarly, for a number of days now, my BitDefender icon has had a red-triangle-exclamation-point on it revealing that there is are issues affecting the security status.

When I double-click it and open up the suite, I am prompted to click on start to fix the problem, doing so results in a failed fix, and the problem persists.

I also have a red-x-flag icon for which microsoft windows 7 reveals that there are issues that are effecting the security of my computer. Double clicking the icon reveals that BitDefender Antispyware is turned off as well as real time protection.

1. I would have thought that this would be standard in the default installation

Clicking the "Antispyware 'turn it on now' button brings up Action Center asking whether I want to run the program: C:\Prog...\wscfix.exe. When I click on the 'Yes...' button nothing happens. When I go into the program files and navigate to wscfix.exe and run it as administrator, also nothing happens.

2. When going deeper into the BDef programs - the shield screen/anti-virus reflects that "realtime protection is turned ON. However when clicking "Options"/preferences/Security settings it shows antivirus as OFF. Why is there a conflict here when all setting are supposed to be password protected?

3. in the same menu under "alert settings" is shown as OFF.

4. Then back in "shield"/antivirus screen - this shows last scan - never which is utter rubbish as this is scanned weekly.

5. In "shield"/antivirus screen "protection level" is low lighted with a list of what is scanned and not scanned including "Dont scan emails. Clicking default does not change the low lighted area and clicking custom and ticking eg scan incoming and outgoing emails and check HTTP traffic does not change the "Dont scan emails" and do not check HTTP Traffic. (Incidentally I am Administrator)

6. In the dashboard - antivirus screen - virus scan - this now shows - UNAVAILABLE.

7. While BDef is ticked to send files for further investigation to Bdef - this never happens.

I've sent to BitDefender IS tech the requisite BDSP_USER-PC_nnnnnn.zip file that I got from running the supportool.exe and am awaiting their response.

Also, in the not-too-distant past, BitDefender support was so dismal that Iconsidered uninstalling their Internet Security. Then 2011 was supposed to solve everything. While the problems so far, of vsserve seems to have abated the problems recorded above seem to reflect other problems taking their place. My subscription for renewal comes up in 44 days - so lets see if Bdef come to the party or not. In the meanwhile I will change what settings I can until hopefully DanDan comes back with some solutions.

• Hello Michael,

The results of the logs you sent me are as following:

- multiple security solutions installed and running on the same PC;

- traces from the previous 2010 installation of BitDefender;

Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to correctly reinstall BitDefender. Ticket ID: 201101161022194.

Regards,

• For a number of days now, my BitDefender icon has had a red-triangle-exclamation-point on it revealing that there is an issue affecting the security status.

When I double-click it and open up the suite, I see only an issue regarding "This PC was scanned for viruses 64 days ago", but I also have a red-x-flag icon for which microsoft windows 7 reveals that there are issues that are effecting the security of my computer. Double clicking the icon reveals that BitDefender Antispyware is not updated and that BitDefender Antivirus reports that it is not updated. Clicking on Update and Update Now respectively, nothing happens.

If I click "Update now" from the BD icon in the tray, shows me an error like you can see in the image attached here.

Here is an extract of my licence:

Numero di riferimento: 8389570

Modalità di pagamento: PayPal

Data/tempo: 2010-11-26 11:09:40

Ordine Generale Totale: 95.96 EUR

Riferimento prodotto: 4528815

Nome Prodotto: BitDefender Total Security 2011

Opzioni di prodotto: (3 PCs , 2 Anni).

PS: I have the same BD program installed on a my second identical PC and no issues at all.

Best regards

post-52423-1300274630_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Ponticelli: off topic posting. Please create a new topic and explain the issue you encounter. Warned +10%. Please read our Forum Rules before posting !

Post set to invisible (Unapproved post).

• It is May 18 2012 and I am having the same problem others had in 2010. Windows says Bit Defender is off and Bit Defender says it is on. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I am running Vista SP2 - it wants me to run wscfix.exe -- is this legit??

Thanks Much

gypsygranny

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭

I have been having the same problems since purchasing and installing BD on 4/25/12 (Ticket ID:201204251026868).

I have sent in numerous logs, screen shots, and memory dumps. All of the suggested solutions haven't worked!!

Would sure like to know if there is a solution to this yet?

Thanks for the help,

Frank

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Frank :)

This conversation will continue via email.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

• Hello,

im having the same issue here too,

asking whether i should trust and want to run this program on Action Center

nothing happens when i turn it on

also it needs updating every restart?

Using:

BitDefender Total Security 2013

Build 16.16.0.1349

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Please post this on the dedicated area for Bitdefender 2013: