Schedule Scan !

in BitDefender IS 2011 there was a scheduling scan available...

but it appaer not in 2012 :blink:

i hope this fonction will appear soon..

Comments

• Hello :)

Scheduled Scans are no longer available. A new feature which can provide better protection has been introduced called Auto Scan. It uses a Continuous Scan task, enumerates all files and finds time slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. (e.g. if the PC is Idle for a long time, the entire system will be scanned).

Thank you.

• so i guess the AutoScan is enable by default ? is there anyway to disable this thing ? (i want be able to decide when the antivirus solution scan or not my machine.)

thx a lot.

(i hope you will input the Scheduled Scans anyway)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

You have all the details about Auto Scan here:

http://www.bdantivirus.com/bitdefender/ant....scan.auto.html

Thank you.

• IanB
    edited March 2012

I too would very much like to run scheduled scans.

I have seen the replies saying scheduled scans are replaced with auto scan. Today I manually ran a full scan, it's about 2 weeks since I last did so, it found 22 issues, all of which it cleared up (they were mostly tracking cookies). Why weren't they stopped or at least cleared by auto scan? It's a real pain in the neck having to run it manually but as long as full scan finds issues such as this then it seems necessary.

I for one will not be renewing my product registration next year.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

welcome to the forums.

First of all please read this article about cookies:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-ar...-threats-1.html

If the product will block cookies, you won;t be able to log in your web mail account, Facebook, Online backing or other sites.

Cookies do not harm a PC and they are not considered a threat. The ones detected by Bitdefender are created by the ads from webpages.

That's why you don't need to scan the PC manually.

Take care.

• Hello :)

welcome to the forums.

First of all please read this article about cookies:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-ar...-threats-1.html

If the product will block cookies, you won;t be able to log in your web mail account, Facebook, Online backing or other sites.

Cookies do not harm a PC and they are not considered a threat. The ones detected by Bitdefender are created by the ads from webpages.

That's why you don't need to scan the PC manually.

Take care.

Ok, I understand about cookies. However your statement "they are not considered a threat" is clearly questionable as when I run your full scan manually it lists each of these cookies, describes them as threats and removes them. If they are not threats why does your product say they are and why does it remove them?

I'm not asking for your product to block cookies as I do realise the implications as you describe. What I was asking for was the ability to schedule these full scans to run automatically so that it can remove these threats without me having to run it manually as and when I remember.

Ian

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

You can set up to clean all the mentioned files from your favorite browse.

Just set to automatically clear the cache and cookies when you exit the browser.

Indeed the cookies do not harm the PC, but they are brought by ads displayed in the pages and those ads are loaded without asking the user(it will be hilarious to display a pop-up when you enter a website: Do you want to load ads? Yes / No - and the answer is obvious :)).

That's why we remove these cookies from your machine. We do not touch cookies related to login processes or any valid ones.

Take care.

• Yes,Cookies does not harm PC,But I will always suggest you to delete cookies to get rid of the ads.They are really annoying and also it will speed up the browsing speed

God never made his work for man to mend vmware_happy.gif

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

All tracking cookies are detected by our products and can be removed via Full System Scan.

Take care.

• Christian, new guy here coming from AVG 2009 to 2012 versions.

I agree with the OP. Some sort of "Scheduled Scan" would be nice as there are times where I am away from the computer and I would like it to scan and shut down. AVG had a nice "Scheduler" (better than Avast! too) that would do that: Scan, remove any trojans, and then shut down if I am away for any reason, or just don't want to get back to the computer during some long download that may take hours. With Bitdefender, I have to be present to start a full scan of the download or computer and then shut down it which is annoying and inconvenient, especially after a long download where I have to come back home to the computer again and start a full system scan and then allow BD to shut it down afterward.

Also, it was nice on AVG to have an "Emergency Firewall Enabler" in the taskbar menu in case something really bad happened and I needed to disconnect from the internet and "Quick." I cannot find one in BD 2012 at all to disconnect. Sometimes on various computers and cabling, wireless, or whatever, it isn't easy to disconnect from the Internet and FAST.

Mack

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Bitdefender is scanning the PC when is in idle via the Auto Scan module.

Regarding the network traffic, we have here a discussion:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33768

Thank you!