Bdfndisf6.sys Causing Blue Screen

Hi.

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and since an update from 15.05.2012 i keep getting blue screen when downloading operations are made. The cause is bdfndisf6.sys, i believe its related to the firewall, which, by the way, is turned off from one session to another for some reason. I already generated(yesterday) a report using the supporttool but i haven't received any answers.

I am using Windows Vista SP2.

I saw, in the posts for 2012 products, that there is a patch for such problems. Is there something similar for my product ? If there is, i would appreciate i was provided a link and the steps required.

Thank you in advance,

Chris.

Comments

• Same problem started for me just a few days ago. Using windows 7 64bit, happens with both bitdefender total security 2011&2012. Now I am getting almost constant bsod, it seems to mostly happen when I use utorrent. Don't know why but all of a sudden utorrent and bitdefender don't seem to get along anymore...:(

Advice please? I really don't want to have to give up any of them.

• Same problem started for me just a few days ago. Using windows 7 64bit, happens with both bitdefender total security 2011&2012. Now I am getting almost constant bsod, it seems to mostly happen when I use utorrent. Don't know why but all of a sudden utorrent and bitdefender don't seem to get along anymore...:(

Advice please? I really don't want to have to give up any of them.

Hi.

Check this topic for 2012 - Christian, the tech moderator, gives out a patch:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=bdfndisf6

I did not find anything for 2011, and i really need a fix because i have 80+ days left of it. Also i receive blue screen for any download client, even msdn-elms ones...and even youtube videos. If you take down the Bitdefender firewall, you will have no trouble with your utorrent client or anything else, everything will work as it should...but that defeats the purpose of having internet security in the first place.

• Yeah, I tried that patch, didn't help. I olso updated my motherboard network drivers just to make sure I have the latest version, nothing.:(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Are you currently using Bitdefender 2011 or 2012?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Are you currently using Bitdefender 2011 or 2012?

Thank you!

Hi.

I updated 2 days ago to 2012, but still got the blue screen troubles from bdfndisf6.sys, but the firewall-disabled problem is finnaly gone. Never got to try out the patch for 2012 because of lack of spare time and because i'm also waiting for a response from microsoft on this problem. Be back in a few days with a status. Would you like me to make a report for 2012 using the support tool and pm-it to you in any case?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

In this case, please open a new topic on the Bitdefender 2012 area and we will continue the talk there.

Thank you!