edited November 2011 in General

Hi

On boot I get the following error in my event log:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

bdselfpr

trufos

Event ID: 7026

Should I be concerned?

Conicidentally or otherwise my Win 7 client (running BD2012) can't see the Domain Controller - turning off BD firewall and all is OK...

Comments

• Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Hi Cristi

Have sent you the logs - look forward to the response.

• eliotfitzroy
    edited November 2011
    Hi Cristi

Have sent you the logs - look forward to the response.

I would be concerned! Same thing happened to me. End result was continuous crashes, drivers began uninstalling themselves, computer was unusable and had to do a clean reinstall and lost all files in the process.

After waiting for ages they suggested the following: discussions

[...]

The only reason that was there was because BitDefender failed to find anything wrong after a full system scan when something clearly was infected! Please let me know how you go with your issues.

• I all,

I also have the same problem with trufos, last 3 days, having my windows frozen, sometimes after, 4m sometimes after 1h.

I dont know whats happening with Bitdefender but...

Maybe its time to look for an other antivirus.

2 year ago I had also a big problem after an update, BT started to see windows files as infected, but that is an other issue...

Gr Dave

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hi

@ Mike

The discussion will continue via email (ticket ID 201111291019193).

@ dave_mle & eliotfitzroy

Please follow the steps from my previous post and send me via PM the support tools.

Thank you :)

• Hi all its seems some virus or Trojan already corrupted scan engine due to which services are not running , please scan your pc in command line may get any clue

• dave_mle
    edited December 2011

Hi Christi,

I already did that on sunday ;) still waiting for support/reply from Bitdefender ;)

• Hello

Could you please provide me the ticket ID so I can take a look in the system?

Thank you.

• glub@q.com
    edited December 2011

I have had the trufos problem for over a month without resolution. I have also had an open ticket without response for over a week, then a recommendation, which I followed, now nothing again. I am pretty angry over the lack of attention to my problem. I will be asking that my money be refunded, as I have done my due diligence. My ticket numer is 201111061011452.

• I have had the trufos problem for over a month without resolution. I have also had an open ticket without response for over a week, then a recommendation, which I followed, now nothing again. I am pretty angry over the lack of attention to my problem. I will be asking that my money be refunded, as I have done my due diligence. My ticket numer is 201111061011452.

I cant ask for refund cause. I bought a 3 year license in 2009..

I still have license for coming 100 days... dont know if i´m going to buy a new one...

• I cant ask for refund cause. I bought a 3 year license in 2009..

I still have license for coming 100 days... dont know if i´m going to buy a new one...

@dave_mle: Regardless of your decision in the future, I have extended the subscription time on your purchased license key, as mentioned in the email notification. If you require further technical assistance, my colleague Cristi B. can be of help.

I have had the trufos problem for over a month without resolution. I have also had an open ticket without response for over a week, then a recommendation, which I followed, now nothing again. I am pretty angry over the lack of attention to my problem. I will be asking that my money be refunded, as I have done my due diligence. My ticket numer is 201111061011452.

@DLL: You still have an open ticket with my colleague Cristi B. If our efforts in solving this issue are not succesfull, I can issue a refund for your purchase.

Regards,

George

• dave_mle
    edited December 2011
    @dave_mle: Regardless of your decision in the future, I have extended the subscription time on your purchased license key, as mentioned in the email notification. If you require further technical assistance, my colleague Cristi B. can be of help.

Thanks George for the 6 months, my concern this moment is to have a antivirus that works :)

Is your advise to uninstall BD 2012 and install BD2011?

Gr Dave

• George R.
    edited December 2011

Hello Dave,

From a non-technical point of view, that seems to be the most convenient way. The uninstall tool can be downloaded from here. After restarting, the Bitdefender 2011 install kit can be downloaded from here.

Regards,

George

• dave_mle
    edited December 2011
    Hello Dave,

From a non-technical point of view, that seems to be the most convenient way. The uninstall tool can be downloaded from here. After restarting, the Bitdefender 2011 install kit can be downloaded from here.

Regards,

George

How do I know in near future than, BD 2012 problems are solved? So that I can uninstall BD 2011 and install BD 2012 again.

ps.

Bought BD 2009 Total security = No problems :)

Installed BD 2010 Total security =Trojan FakeAlert.5 ruined 3 computers (no help from BD just format an installed windows 7) Ticket ID:201003211018413

Installed BD 2011 Total security = problems with the scan schedule, and real-time protection (asked BD for help but couldn't find anything) Ticket ID:201103291013225

Installed BD 2012 Total security = slow internet + bsod+ freeze etc.. Ticket ID:201103291013225

• Still the same problems..

I need a solution.

Gr Dave

• Hello

This issue has been reported to our developers and the testing team is trying to find some common things(what is generating this).

Could you please tell me if the product itself reports some warnings in the main window?

Thank you.

• Hello

This issue has been reported to our developers and the testing team is trying to find some common things(what is generating this).

Could you please tell me if the product itself reports some warnings in the main window?

Thank you.

I am having the same problem:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

bdselfpr

trufos

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem. It is causing my Windows Vista to hang when booting into windows.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello guys :)

I have fresh news for you. Our developers investigated this issue and they came with a final conclusion: the drivers are loading and the error message is generated by Windows.

Is basically a false alarm regarding our drivers(the one that we use for detecting rootkits and the one that is protecting Bitdefender from malware).

This issue has been scheduled for fixing in the next iteration.

Thank you for your patience.

Take care.

• Hello guys :)

This issue has been scheduled for fixing in the next iteration.

Thank you for your patience.

Take care.

I re-installed yesterday Bitdefender2012. Now today the same message: Trufos and Bdselfpr failing to start. By the way: the 'next' iteration: do you mean: it will be for Bitdefender2013?

Greatings

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome back.

Yes, the next iteration of Bitdefender will be 2013.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• nicolaas
    edited May 2012

Hi

Same problem here, just out of the blue.

2 days ago there was no error and I cleaned up the logbooks.

Today the error (Servcice Control Manager ID 7026, can not load trufos driver) shows on every start up.

I run the supporttool but was not succesfull to upload it to BD.

What do you advice?

Regards

Nicolaas

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

For the current situation, let's try something else.

Please follow the steps from below:

1. Use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it(right click and select "Run as administrator" - for Windows Vista/7) and restart the computer when prompted.

2. Download and install the software and then run it to clean your computer's registry and temporary files:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup318.exe

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/usin...gistry-cleaning

Once the cleaning is complete it's recommended to restart your computer.

If you have a registry cleaner already installed, you can use that one.

3. Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit prior to running it.

The BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_antivirus.exe

The BitDefender Internet Security 2012 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe

The BitDefender Total Security 2012 installation kit can be downloaded from here:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_tsecurity.exe

The installer should automatically retrieve your license key so you will not need to enter it again during the setup.

For more information on the registration process please read:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-do-...fender-843.html

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-do-...ersion-844.html

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to reply to this message.

Have a nice day.

• I am still having an issue after following the above instructions exactly. I am still getting: "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: bdselfpr" but Trufos issue is no longer being reported.

Also I have been having issues with BSOD since installing BD2012 when plugging in external USB, 1394, and e-sata devices. It also does not work with UltimateDefrag program on "Boot time defrag" when it moves/try's to move the MFT and pagefile.sys. I discovered this when I decided to try both defrag and plugging in various external devices while BD was uninstalled and everything worked flawlessly. Pretty convincing argument as to what the most likely culprit is.

Also I an getting this warning with a bitdefender reference but I don't know if it's relevant:

DETAIL -

1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2953989614-3823660326-1742253797-1001:

Process 5544 (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2953989614-3823660326-1742253797-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

So, do I go back to BD 2010 or 2011 until this issue is resolved?

• Hello Christian,

I used to have this issue with BD 2012 - I may have posted about it (getting old - I don't remember).

However since installing BD 2013 Beta I have not seen any more 7026 event log entries for any BD modules.

Looks like BD 2013 nailed this problem.

Cheers

Ross

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Ross :)

The situation is pretty complicated. Some of the registry keys that Windows uses to read those information are protected by Bitdefender Self Protect. We need to change some permissions and it should be OK in a future release.

Just to let you know, even if you receive those warnings, the product is working properly.

Take care.

• Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem. These errors occur:

windows system log:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

bdselfpr

trufos

and

windows application log: The target file for the Windows Feedback Platform (a DLL file containing the list of problems on this computer that require additional data collection for diagnosis) could not be parsed. The error code was 8014FFF9.

The computer is freezing or going to the restore options at startup. Still 750 bitdefender days left.

Will 2013 version solve this issue? Please advice as quick as possible

Thx,

• Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem. These errors occur:

windows system log:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

bdselfpr

trufos

and

windows application log: The target file for the Windows Feedback Platform (a DLL file containing the list of problems on this computer that require additional data collection for diagnosis) could not be parsed. The error code was 8014FFF9.

The computer is freezing or going to the restore options at startup. Still 750 bitdefender days left.

Will 2013 version solve this issue? Please advice as quick as possible

Thx,

Hi Sophia,

Since installing BD2013 (starting with the beta) I have not had this issue. When the BD2013 release version came out I did a clean install of BD (complete removal followed by Install). Currently at BD Total Security 2013 Build 16.18.0.1406 on Win 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1.

With BD2012 I had constant 7026 event id log entries for this problem.

My experience .... for what it is worth.

Cheers

• Hi Sophia,

Since installing BD2013 (starting with the beta) I have not had this issue. When the BD2013 release version came out I did a clean install of BD (complete removal followed by Install). Currently at BD Total Security 2013 Build 16.18.0.1406 on Win 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1.

With BD2012 I had constant 7026 event id log entries for this problem.

My experience .... for what it is worth.

Cheers

• Hi,

I have 750 bitdefender days on the former bitdefender version left. Can I install the new bitdefender 2013 without supplementary costs: only by deinstalling old version and installing the new version with the same license key?

Thx,

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

Hello Sophia :)

Welcome to the forums!

Please follow the steps posted here to upgrade for FREE to the new version:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Take care.