Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[fixed] Itunes And Bis 2013

Options
golfe
edited July 2012 in General

Fixed:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148181

-------

Anyone else having trouble with iTunes and BIS 2013?

I am unable to Sign In to iTunes (or iTunes store) and/or update Podcasts. iTunes program is a firewall exception - but maybe not setup correctly?

I have tried turning off both the firewall and antivirus and still cannot connect.

I cannot be certain it is related to BIS 2013, but the issue with iTunes started to happen this week after the installation of Bitdefender update.

Comments

• golfe
    Options

I should add that I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Also, the very latest version of iTunes.

Finally, I was able to determine that my last successful contact with iTunes store was 2 hours before updating BIS to version 2013.

• brihy1
    Options

i opened itunes and it just sits at accessing itunes store,nothing else?just tried on win 7 32

I should add that I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Also, the very latest version of iTunes.

Finally, I was able to determine that my last successful contact with iTunes store was 2 hours before updating BIS to version 2013.

• golfe
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i opened itunes and it just sits at accessing itunes store,nothing else?just tried on win 7 32

Thank you for the response, Bri.

So it appears that you are unable to access the iTunes store as well? Are you able to update podcasts - if you subscribe to any?

Opening iTunes results in it just continuing to try to "access" iTunes store. Again, the inability to access iTunes occurred on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 after the installation of BIS 2013. The second image is the iTunes diagnostic result where it can be seen that I have a "live" connection, but that iTunes is unable to connect to Apple. Here are some images associated with my issue:

post-85219-1340978901_thumb.png

post-85219-1340978910_thumb.png

• LordNakhlan
    Options

So it appears that you are unable to access the iTunes store as well? Are you able to update podcasts - if you subscribe to any?

Opening iTunes results in it just continuing to try to "access" iTunes store. Again, the inability to access iTunes occurred on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 after the installation of BIS 2013. The second image is the iTunes diagnostic result where it can be seen that I have a "live" connection, but that iTunes is unable to connect to Apple. Here are some images associated with my issue:

I am having the same problem. I cannot access iTunes store whatsoever.

• I am having the same problem. I cannot access iTunes store whatsoever.

Same here, I've tried everything and the only thing that works is when I uninstall TS 2013...

• brihy1
    Options

i got same thing as your screen shot accessing itunes store.i dont subscribe to podcasts though.on one of my computers i uninstalled bd 2013 and i can connect with no problem at all.so its not an itunes issue its bd 2013 problem,one of many with me.

• jamson
    Options

Me too! :(

• columbo
    Options

Add me to this ever growing list.

Like you all, I've tried pretty much everything except uninstalling. From adding iTunes.exe, and ituneshelper.exe to the excluded processes. To checking their application rules, then resetting the Firewall Application Rules and turning on Paranoid Mode and checking to make sure all rules were being applied as they popped up...no such luck.

• jamson
    Options

I've just uninstalled BitDefender 2013 and gone back to 2012. Problem solved.

• SL%%
    Options

hi noob here but like you all, I've purchased BIS 2013 and yes, I can't get to the iTunes store. I can use the software but no avail in connecting to iTunes store. Like everyone, I've tried doing everything I can but still, iTunes won't connect.

I did uninstall BIS 2013 to see what's causing the problem and whoala, after removing BIS 2013, iTunes store worked.

I found this link (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US) and downloaded the software (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902) to check (use "autoruns") what's running and the culprit is the Bitdefender Parental Plug In which I don't know how to deactivate it.

post-106646-1341030673_thumb.jpg

• If you install the above program and delete the Bitdefender Parental Control program from the Services tab and then all the Bitdefender entries from the Winsock Provider Tab, Restart the computer, should allow access to iTunes Store. Worked for both my friend and I

• SL%%
    Options
    If you install the above program and delete the Bitdefender Parental Control program from the Services tab and then all the Bitdefender entries from the Winsock Provider Tab, Restart the computer, should allow access to iTunes Store. Worked for both my friend and I

thanks friend for that, ti worked for me, now I can access iTunes (:

• SL%% you my friend...................hats off to you i was like so frustrated with this.but your method solved my problem even though its not related to this topic.

once again thanks man

• LordNakhlan
    Options

Yup, the culprit is the Bitdefender Parental Control Plug-in as other users have indicated. I've also deleted the service and registry entries and the issue has been resolved.

• golfe
    Options

Thank you all for your feedback on this item. I will check to see if this solution works for me too.

Hard to believe BIS2013 would have an issue out of the box with iTunes. It's not like this is some obscure software.

Question: Will this solution inhibit using parental controls in the future?

• Sir_Vikin
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback on this item. I will check to see if this solution works for me too.

Hard to believe BIS2013 would have an issue out of the box with iTunes. It's not like this is some obscure software.

Question: Will this solution inhibit using parental controls in the future?

I'm guessing that it will as the afore mentioned "workaround" has you effectively deleting the service and registry entries in order to be able to access Itunes... If an official fix doesn't incoroporate this "workaround" then I'm willing to bet that those that use this "workaround" will have to do a repair or re-install in order to use the parental controls in the future..

I'm just going to wait until they release a fix as there are other issues with the parental controls modules that need to be fixed as well and I'd like to use it when its finally fixed..

• I am really hacked off with Bitdefender 2013! I have installed it on 2 PCs and in both cases itunes stopped connecting to server. I uninstalled Bitdefender from one machine and itunes worked perfectly again. I have tried all the suggestions and work arounds but no permanent solution. Every time I reboot the computer I end up at suare 1. Swtching to Bitdefender from Norton was the worst thing I have done and now I am looking for a different security product -any suggestions?

• ferryc
    Options

I am also very disappointed. One of the features I was looking for was parental control, so I bought BitDefender. Regretting my purchase. Also did not get any sort of response from my Customer Support Submission, another bad sign. I will give it a few more days to see if I get a response. Then let them explain to my kids why their ITunes is not working. Who wants to go through 3 installs again.

These sort of things can snowball to hurting future sales and reputations.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm guessing that it will as the afore mentioned "workaround" has you effectively deleting the service and registry entries in order to be able to access Itunes... If an official fix doesn't incoroporate this "workaround" then I'm willing to bet that those that use this "workaround" will have to do a repair or re-install in order to use the parental controls in the future..

I'm just going to wait until they release a fix as there are other issues with the parental controls modules that need to be fixed as well and I'd like to use it when its finally fixed..

That too was my thought in the above mentioned solution, effectively disabling Parental controls, which even I use (no kids at home) for the Schedule (Time Control) reminder.

For those newer to Bitdefender, hang in there, as even though we may not have a response or a fix yet, be assured that Bitdefender is regarding these posts on the forum, and with something so popular as iTunes, should be resolved shortly. :)

edit; Post #6 confirms this http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35483

• brihy1
    Options

so if i want to use bitdefender and access itunes store i must delete the parental control service that i use for my kids,this is ridiculous and bitdefender needs to fix this fast.these are problems that should have been ironed out in the beta(seems like its still in that stage)

• According to fellow users on this thread, even deleting the parental control won't fix the problem. I am so grateful that I discovered that Bitdefender TS has too many problems to be worth the trouble BEFORE I purchased the full price product. Thank goodness for 30-day trial periods! :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Welcome (back) to the forums!

First of all, please accept our apologies for the situation created.

Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here under Update processing rules set "Prompt me before downloading updates".

When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

post-9374-1341503782_thumb.png

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2013\ and locate these files: "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_", "BdProvider.dll" to "BdProvider.dl_" and from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\BdProvider32\ rename "BdProvider.dll" to "BdProvider.dl_"

The last one is only present on 64 bit systems.

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

This is just a temporary workaround until the update is released. When the fix will be pushed on our servers, I will let you know so you can revert the settings and everything will function properly.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day!

• brihy1
    Options

did exactly what you said and i have no internet on win 7 64 laptop,when i restarted laptop i got a popup saying bonjur service stooped working.also cant connect to itunes.my wireless connection in system tray shows im connected but cant get anything through irefox,chrome or ie?

• SL%%
    edited July 2012
    Options

FROM BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TEAM

=======================

Dear #######,

We kindly inform you that a hotfix for the iTunes store issue was released

today through a Bitdefender signature update.

Please open the Bitdefender interface, scroll to the Update module and click

Update now. After the update is complete, please restart your computer and

check if the issue persists.

Let me know if it worked!

-------------------------------------

Use Quick Scan: http://quickscan.bitdefender.com

• Hello - the problem still seems to be persisting for me - I first tried the temp fix that Christian suggested and ended up with the same result as Bri (no iTunes or internet). I ran the "repair" option for Bitdefender and I got my internet back but right back to the same problem of not being able to access the iTunes store. I then ran the update from Bitdefender Support that SL%% informed us about but still the same problem - no access to the iTunes store - even after a reboot. Please Help.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.16.0.1349(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry148172

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

NOTE: if you used the workaround posted on this topic, you will have to revert the changes and the product update will be installed silently.

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a great weekend!

• I'm also having issues with iTunes and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on Windows x64 Pro. I just upgraded from 2012 to 2013 clean install but my version remains 16.16.0.1348. It seems like I have not received product update even after doing manual update. :unsure:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please read this post and be patient.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148189

Have a great weekend!

• joel97
    Options

and for German Users ?

• bankvp
    edited July 2012
    Options

Christian, It's been 30 hours since your post, how much long is your company asking YOUR customers to wait for your sub-standard update system to send out Build 1349? If any member of this board does not like waiting 30 hours for Build 1349, reply to this thread!

• Christian, It's been 30 hours since your post, how much long is your company asking YOUR customers to wait for your sub-standard update system to send out Build 1349? If any member of this board does not like waiting 30 hours for Build 1349, reply to this thread!

I agree Bob.

As if the iTunes/vmplayer issue isn't frustrating enough, Bitdefender claims that the issue is "FIXED" for users in the US when it clearly is NOT. UPDATE has NOT resulted in installation of the new build, as they've asserted. I've even reinstalled (using a link to the new build placed here within the forum). Still, showing build 1348. And yes, I'm in the US.

I believe Bitdefender is losing some credibility with this. I was a convert from ESET, and will most likely be looking for a better product, which, given this painful experience, won't be very hard.

One beauty of capitalism is that customers do the real marketing, positive and negative, for a product and service.

-Disappointed

• This problem was identified here on June 29th. It was subsequently listed as [fixed] last week. Unfortunately, changing the subject heading on this thread did not translate into a working solution on my computers.

Any idea when the FIX might actually make its way to Canada?

• golfe
    Options

Thank you all for you input on this topic. I've been on holiday and unable to test the "fix".

I can confirm that BIS2013 is still not allowing iTunes to connect (access iTunes store, updating applications, updating podcasts, etc.).

The reason for this is that BIS2013 is not updating to build *.1349; my product remains on *.1348.

How can I force an upgrade to *.1349? It looks like WilliamW even performed a reinstall and it did not result in the updated product.

• I've been through quiet a trouble because of this. I upgraded to 2013 version with clean install. Everything worked fine but when I have decided to use iTunes, I've noticed something is not right. First I thought that Apple may have some technical issues, but then I googled bitdefender 2013 and iTunes I realised that I'm not the only one. It's also it's Safari, VMware, and other. I've been waiting for several days for this update to get delivered, yesterday I have decided to do a clean install, so I uninstalled bitdefender using Bitdefender uninstall tool, then I wanted to install from clean but installer kept on telling me that I have this product already installed. So I checked Task manager and yes, few bitdefender processes were running still. Thus I have decided to go to safe mode to use the uninstall tool and it worked, no more bitdefender processes running. So I started the installer again but still it was telling me that it's already installed, so I went and I search though the computer and shredded any bitdefender files and registry. Started the installer one more time and it still presided on that it's already installed. It asked me whether I want to continue, so I went and I continued. The Installer said that it will upgrade the software, which is funny because how can you upgrade something that is already upgraded but not existing on the system? :huh: After it finished upgrading i rebooted the computer but not a single sing of Bitdefender. :o so I went to check whether it exist in local disk and yes, there were few files, but not running processes. Here, another issues has appeared; no Internet access. I was hoping that it was my router problem, but funny story, windows was reporting as being successfully connected even icon in the tray was showing that I'm connected, thus i opened browser but no access what so ever. After doing several reboots of router and adapters, I have remember that someone here mentioned WinSock being corrupted by Bitdefender Parental Control Plugin. So I went and deleted those using Autoruns. After rebooting the machine, Internet access was working, but funny thing is, Windows Security Center was telling me that Bitdefender is still on the system and it's actively protecting my computer. <_<

After several attempts of trying to remove and then trying upgrade/reinstall something that does not even exist in the system, going through registry, files, safe mode, etc. I have decided to give up. Since I had pretty much nothing on the system apart from visual studio and few projects, I've backed that up and reformatted whole system. I'm a computer science student and I have years of experience in computing filed, but I have never experienced anything like this before. Then this happened, some new experience.

After this Drama I'm not even sure what I want to install on my system as antivirus anymore, but I'm sure It won't be Bitdefender. I'll be keeping an eye on Bitdefender Forums and see what's going on with this. I personally think that Bitdefender 2013 has been released too soon or not tested completely. But oh we'll, nothing is perfect. I may go back to Norton Internet Security, been with them on my other laptop since 2009 and not a single issues. I'm opened to suggestions. :)

• Hi, I having the same problem. Pls guide me how to solve it.

• zaiby
    edited July 2012
    Options

Build: 16.16.0.1349

VS: 7363718

Engine version: 7.42867

itunes/store is still not working...

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise x64

itunes installed on external drive a:\

I had it running before by disabling the privacy settings, but that doesn't seems to be working any more after the updates.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

For those that didn't receive the 1349 build over Automatic Update, please follow these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148750

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!

• columbo
    Options

Mine did come via Auto update tonight. iTunes store up and running.

Thanks for the "just in case " link, Christian :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi columbo :)

Thank you for the feedback!

On my side, iTunes was up and running with the fist beta update(available only internally). With build 1348, the store module and page was not loading and iTunes remained in "Connecting" stage.

Take care.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

As always, you're welcome :)

Thanks for the info. from your side of Bitdefender :)

For those that didn't receive the 1349 build over Automatic Update, please follow these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148750

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!

Sorry everybody, in my responding to Christian, this thread went to page 3. I thought I would re-post Christian's update here on page 3 for quicker reference.

Columbo

• I also finally received the 1349 BD update. After rebooting (Win 7 x64), the BD About window showed 16.16.0.1349. However, I still could not connect to iTunes, until...I installed Microsoft's Updates du jour (Windows 7 critical updates 7/10/2012) and rebooted again. SUCCESS! For those who receive the 1349 update and still cannot connect, I suggest that you also run Windows Update (and reboot again). Then, check Bitdefender for updates yet again.

• golfe
    edited July 2012
    Options

This issue is resolved (at least for me)

Thank you, Christian, for your follow-up on this item. I followed your steps to change the update address/location. :)

I do have one more question...should I now change the update address back to what it was previously??? If so, what was the previous address? Will future, routine updates be affected by the new update address?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi golfe, can you just hit the default button, and re-set it in Update/Settings/? I would think that would be the best update address, as this was a temporary fix update address.

edited: clarification

• golfe
    Options

My bro Columbo...thanks!!! :) Clicking the "default" button did the trick.

• Thanks to Christian and all those behind the scenes. I am running smoothly on build 1349 from automatic update.

• zaiby
    edited July 2012
    Options

post-107018-1342019020_thumb.jpg

I have all windows updates installed and the latest updates for bitdefender and iTunes is still not working

I have tried reinstalling itunes.

Any suggestions?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi zaiby :)

Let's try something for your case.

Mike mentioned here that he resolved the issue with VMware with a fresh install(the issue with VMware and the one with iTunes is caused by the same module from Bitdefender).

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148862

In order to uninstall Bitdefender 2013, please follow the steps from below:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2013 -> choose "Repair or Uninstall";

Follow the steps and reboot your PC.

After this, take a look on this KB article and reinstall the product.

This should solve your issue with iTunes.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.

• zaiby
    Options
    Hi zaiby :)

Let's try something for your case.

Mike mentioned here that he resolved the issue with VMware with a fresh install(the issue with VMware and the one with iTunes is caused by the same module from Bitdefender).

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148862

In order to uninstall Bitdefender 2013, please follow the steps from below:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2013 -> choose "Repair or Uninstall";

Follow the steps and reboot your PC.

After this, take a look on this KB article and reinstall the product.

This should solve your issue with iTunes.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.

I have now uninstalled the product and now no program can connect to Internet even thogh the net card is connected. So I can't install the av or use my computer now

• columbo
    Options
    My bro Columbo...thanks!!! :) Clicking the "default" button did the trick.

:) thanks friend, glad it helped :)

• I can confirm, iTunes Store works after the latest BD IS 2013 Update. :)

This discussion has been closed.